The backstab

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

Rayhawk
Overlord

The backstab

Post by Rayhawk » Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:27 pm

New idea for a rule: the backstab. Any time two or more players form an alliance after the start of a battle, start the Backstab Pile. At the beginning of every ally's turn, add one brick to the pile.

At any time, any of the players in the alliance can declare Backstab and claim all the bricks in the pile. For the rest of his turn, he can spend each brick to add +1d6 to any roll - but only when he's attacking his allies.

Matt
Officer

Post by Matt » Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:55 pm

Ooooo, sounds fun, dangerous, and mischievous! :D
"One can never have enough miniguns my friend."
I hope I get to say that Someday.....
My Flickr
http://www.knightfight.co.uk/?ac=vid&vi ... &ref=flink

IVhorseman
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick
If she don't want the brick, she won't get the dick

Post by IVhorseman » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:14 am

only one per turn? i almost want to say that there should be some other addition to this pile. like for every vehicle past a certain size destroyed, every kill a hero makes, or some other point system to get this pile to be insane. but of course, only something incredibly easy to remember.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:49 am

The pile need to grow when there happen actions that make one army in the alliance feel more superior then the other.
stubby wrote:You were inb4beluga.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:27 am

whenever a hero gets killed maybe,
or huge explosions, strangely lucky successes, horrible failures and whatever you deem apropriate.

nice rule btw.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

piltogg
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Post by piltogg » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:27 pm

that rule would easily show why order 61 was such an instant sucsess and therefore has my full aproveall and a hip-hip-hooray for rayhawk

spacessj
Hero

Post by spacessj » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Nice rule. But you'd better have an alliance with someone who can stand being back stabbed...
ahp77 wrote: "always use melee weapons unless your enemies are annoying you"

Blitzen
Distinguished Owner of the English Language
Distinguished Owner of the English Language

Post by Blitzen » Sat Apr 05, 2008 2:33 pm

This is BrikWars, not Dolly Tea Time. If you wanted to be friendly allies and play patty-cake, there are more suitable games than BrikWars. Keeping that in mind, you could always just, you know, <i>not</i> use this rule.
Often, literally, a pillow fight but may include similar situations like volleyball, particularly when wardrobe is skimpy and the action is bouncy.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:46 pm

then again this rule promotes devious and evil plans, that go behind ones back.

I'd say it pretty much makes you allies with one guy so you can gang up on the others, then when he least expects it, YOU TOTALLY ATTACK HIM!!
YAAAH

take that for telling us to become allies, screw your "diplomacy", let deceipt rule the day!
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.

Atomsk
Cannon Fodder

Post by Atomsk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:20 am

Oh man I love this. I betray people constantly without any incentive, so this would just fuel my habit even more.

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Sun Apr 06, 2008 4:51 pm

Brikwars is the kind of game that throws hot tea in your face and smashes a cup on your head making it break and more dangerous because of the sharp edges it has now, while having tea time with your grandmother in law.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:26 pm

spacessj wrote:Nice rule. But you'd better have an alliance with someone who can stand being back stabbed...
I figure, backstabbing is going to happen anyway, because it's BrikWars after all. But if that other guy has to add a brick to that pile every turn, it won't seem so completely out of the blue to him. If he says, "hey you can't do that!" then you just say, "why do you think we were piling on those bricks this whole time?" Hopefully this will result in less frustration and encourage wussy players to be less wussy.

I'd like to make up a similar rule for people who hide in defensive fortifications without coming out. Like "okay, you can keep hiding back there and wasting everyone's time, but you have to add a brick to the pile for when someone does attack you."

In either case, there'd have to be an exception for alliances and defensive strategies that are there as part of the scenario rather than something players come up with mid-battle. If we're playing a castle siege, for instance, the castle player shouldn't have to pile up bricks against himself just for being on the defensive side of the scenario.

Rayhawk
Overlord

Post by Rayhawk » Sun Apr 06, 2008 5:59 pm

*CRAZYHORSE* wrote:Brikwars is the kind of game that throws hot tea in your face and smashes a cup on your head making it break and more dangerous because of the sharp edges it has now, while having tea time with your grandmother in law.
... and the tea is made of acid, and your grandmother keeps a lightsaber under the bar.

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:05 am

you forgot fluffy the deadly bloodhungry pet kitten

*CRAZYHORSE*
Mega Blok

Post by *CRAZYHORSE* » Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:36 am

I don't know who that is but I do know who kitler is!
PIC: Image