Re: The official LOOT topic

Postby RedRover » Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:18 am

Lego sets are mostly MOC fodder anyways
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Scribonius » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:10 pm

...Half-Price Books near my work got some vintage Lego sets in somehow. I mean, REALLY vintage. If I'd had $150, I could have gotten Yellow Castle IN THE BOX...  :evil:  They had a bunch of 80's era castle stuff, but Yellow Castle was the only one they had that I'd never had.

Got these, though:

This will actually be the third one of those raft sets I got, but I never had any of the Islander sets when I was a kid. They came out when I was in High School and went through a Dark Age that lasted until my early college years. I blame... um... Huh, what WAS I doing during that time? Oh yeah, playing D&D a lot...
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:55 pm

Where is this Half-Price Books? I have a sudden urge to pay them a visit.

Yellow. Fucking. Castle.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Scribonius » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:04 pm

Kommander Ken wrote:Where is this Half-Price Books? I have a sudden urge to pay them a visit.

Yellow. Fucking. Castle.

Roseville, MN
Fairview Ave, about a block north of County Rd B2
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zahru II » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:08 am

Delicious.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Darkstorm » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:24 pm

y e l l o w c a s t l e

why

:no:
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Postby Scribonius » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Darkstorm wrote:y e l l o w c a s t l e

why

Again, how do you think *I* feel?!? If I had a spare $500 lying around, I could have gotten Yellow Castle, the original 80's King's Castle, the original Black Seas Barracuda, and the Carribean Clipper!!!  :evil:

Thing is... I already HAVE three of those four, from the original releases. King's Castle came out when I first got into Lego, and I got it as a Saturnalia present one year in the 80's. Freaking Yellow Castle though... NEVER had that...
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby TheGuyRightBehindYou » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:01 pm

Scribonius wrote:
Darkstorm wrote:y e l l o w c a s t l e

why

Again, how do you think *I* feel?!? If I had a spare $500 lying around, I could have gotten Yellow Castle, the original 80's King's Castle, the original Black Seas Barracuda, and the Carribean Clipper!!!  :evil:

Thing is... I already HAVE three of those four, from the original releases. King's Castle came out when I first got into Lego, and I got it as a Saturnalia present one year in the 80's. Freaking Yellow Castle though... NEVER had that...

One would think that it would be cheaper than 100$ at half-price books. though it is considered a collectors item by some
i weep for you :cry:
TheGuyRightBehindYou
Champion
Champion

Postby DayBoost_ » Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:59 pm

Anyone else take advantage of those lego store pick a brick walls for getting loads of goodies?
DayBoost_
Hero

Postby CADmonkey » Sun Sep 30, 2018 3:02 pm

Collections: The Bright Seraphim (MF0: Rapid Attack); Demo Teams (MF0: Rapid Attack)
CADmonkey: G+; Tumblr
Yo Dawg, I Heard You Like Mecha: G+; Tumblr
CADmonkey
Cannon Fodder

Postby Scribonius » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:48 pm

Huh...

Target Exclusive, apparently. $20. Kind of like the little scenes on the back of the box.

Sorry, don't know why the camera washed out the color on these photos. You get a lot of stuff for $20! 4 minifigs, a dog, a bicycle, a trash can, the little food stand, and more! Lots of donuts and pie bits and cookies. If you like food pieces, this isn't a bad way to go. If you're doing a city scene, this isn't a bad way to go. It's a COFFEE SHOP. Seriously, what Lego city DOESN'T need a coffee shop? Oh, and they sell pastries too, obviously.

Came with lots of extra bits as well! The banana is supposed to be in the trash can, but I left the lid of the can on.

Nurse has her cell phone, and the Barista has a double-sided head. One side is all "I'm a happy coffee seller," the other is all "mmm, smells like good coffee," as shown here.

Buuuuuuuut I think Lego needs to make some different 'money' pieces, cause DAMN, that's a LOT of money for a coffee! NICE tip though, if that's what it is for!  :warhead:

Overall, nice little build, would make a good little structure for a more open area in a Brikwars battlefield. Or for a food fight... hmm...........   :twisted:
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Previous

Return to Bricks