The Knights of Aldasveign (Now with more KAY-OSS and dakka!)

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: The Knights of Aldasveign

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:29 am

Battlegrinder wrote:Bravo, these look amazing. I've always loved these fusions of medieval and sci-fi, and this group looks very well put together (though IMO, they could use a few more medieval elements to balance out the tech).

Thank you; I like mixing the two. I hope to add a few more medieval elements - particularly flags - in the future.

Also, here are some break-downs of the weapons; I know piltogg mentioned them.

The parts needed to make the Bol...uh...Storm Rifle. Yes, it is a Storm Rifle. My bad.

Storm Rifle Step Two. I think it's fairly straightforward. The Dual Stormer and Storm's Herald are easy enough to make from this design. The former requires a 1 x 1 brick with a stud on the side, while the Herald can be made by adding a suppressor and a scope to the top.

Parts needed for the Storm Repeater. It's one of the few Knight weapons that don't use the Chima gun piece.

Storm Repeater Step Two.

Fully Assembled. This design is very customizable.

Parts needed for the Ebon Rifle. The receiver assembly is exactly the same as the Storm Rifle; only the scope and barrel are different.

Barrel and Scope assembled. You can add whatever do-dads onto the scope as well.

Completed Rifle.

The Rotary Detonator was the most difficult for me to grasp, namely because I tried making it at first without the Chima gun piece. Again, this build only made me realize just how awesome this new piece is. Funny story, the Knights were actually built up around this single element. Once I saw that it would be great for a Bolt...that is, a Storm Rifle design, I thought, "man now I need some space Knights". And so here we are. Amazing how a single Lego piece can inspire one in such a way...

Rotordet Step Two.

Step Three.

Completed.

Here's a little bonus for you guys - the parts needed for the Knight's Gungnir-series Missile Launcher.

Step Two.

Completed Missile Launcher. Hope you guys enjoy!
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby Zahru II » Sat Dec 06, 2014 10:31 am

It's downright ridiculous how useful that new gun hub is.
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby devincp » Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:58 pm

now i have to go make a bricklink order. also i am going to steal your designs and make them my own.

Also what set did those red grad gowns come in?
Last edited by devincp on Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Galt wrote:I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.
devincp
Officer

Postby Zupponn » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:09 pm

devincp wrote:tom steel your designs

Yes, sir!

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Ben-Jammin » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:23 pm

devincp wrote:now i have to go make a bricklink order. also i am going tom steel your designs and make them my own.

Also what set did those red grad gowns come in?

Feel free to use them, though I'd like credit for the design, if you don't mind.

Also, I think those red gowns came with the judge minifigure in Series 9.

Zahru II wrote:It's downright ridiculous how useful that new gun hub is.

Every now and again I come across a piece of some kind that just inspires me, making me wonder what kinds of builds I can base around it. Any of you guys have favorites?
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby Vami IV » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:12 am

These guns look badass. Definitely adding the ones I can build (lack of Chima gun base pieces) to my list of my weapons to fiddle with.
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Zupponn » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:41 pm

Ben-Jammin wrote:Every now and again I come across a piece of some kind that just inspires me, making me wonder what kinds of builds I can base around it. Any of you guys have favorites?

The piece that I use in Zupponn's power mace was one I played around with and the big piece in the hammer Duke Crystoph used in BrikwaRPGs 2 and 3 has been one that I've been trying all sorts of weird things with.
Zupponn

Postby Ben-Jammin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:32 pm

Zupponn wrote:
Ben-Jammin wrote:Every now and again I come across a piece of some kind that just inspires me, making me wonder what kinds of builds I can base around it. Any of you guys have favorites?

The piece that I use in Zupponn's power mace was one I played around with and the big piece in the hammer Duke Crystoph used in BrikwaRPGs 2 and 3 has been one that I've been trying all sorts of weird things with.

I think that piece as well as the 1 x 1 round brick with fins make for awesome mace heads, in addition to their use as missile parts.

Vami IV wrote:These guns look badass. Definitely adding the ones I can build (lack of Chima gun base pieces) to my list of my weapons to fiddle with.

The only bad things about those gun pieces is that they are (or at least were, the last time I checked) rather expensive on bricklink, and it's hard to find a seller with a large quantity of them. In terms of sets, I know of only a couple that have them, and even then its only one or two at most, if I'm not mistaken.
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby Chinook » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:32 am

Hot damn, this is some fine stuff, Ben. I def need to get my hands on some of those gunhubs. What part is that for the red knight's face plate? Is it custom? Also, welcome back(?)
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

ImageImage

Victoria et scientia, Ex gladio pax

Shadovia, Ferrum Rex
Chinook
Officer

Location: USA America, California, Rancho Cucamonga, Kleron V, on the throne, jammin' to dubstep

Postby Ben-Jammin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:04 pm

Thank you, I have been away from the forums for a while.

Also, the red visor is not a custom piece, but is actually a Lego Castle visor that appeared way back in 1978 with the first yellow castle set. They're quite expensive, but I've always thought they looked nice and ever since I received a bunch of old 1980s Lego from my cousin I've been wanting one, since one of the minifigs he gave me had an old helmet with dimples but no visor.
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

Postby RedRover » Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:48 pm

That space armor and knight helmet combo is on point. I am creating a faction that is a space knight type theme and I may have to steal this from you  :o
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Trent099 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:55 pm

Truly badass....
Trent099
Champion
Champion

Postby Kaplan » Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:40 pm

Zupponn wrote:These guys are extremely badass.

I thought the exact same thing.

This guy is my favourite:
http://i1351.photobucket.com/albums/p80 ... d65872.jpg
Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Postby Alex » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:49 am

I really like the look and feel of these guys. They have some really cool weapons, and definitely look very badass and professional. The rotary detonator is one of my favorites. I'd also been hoping to make an order of space knights sometime.
Alex
Dimmy

Re: The Knights of Aldasveign (Now with more KAY-OSS and dak

Postby Ben-Jammin » Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:44 pm

I guess its time for an update:

Archon Sigurder is commander of the Knight's 6th Legion, and is well-known for his immense knowledge of all things weapon-related. He is a skilled combatant and close friends with Archon Arthur. Sigurder's weapon of choice is a Resonance Blade, a precursor to the modern Nova Swords utilized by the modern Knights.

Although all of the Knights are skilled melee combatants, the Shock Knights take it to a whole new level. These guys simply love the thrill of tearing apart enemies at the closest of ranges, regardless of whether its enemy soldiers, orignak, vistoren, or undead. The one on the right is armed with a Nova Hammer and plasma pistol, slow but deadly armaments that can devastate any adversary. The Knight on the left is equipped with a spiked tower shield and a Nova Spear, one of the Knight's newest weapons. Typically used as a ceremonial weapon, the spear can still be quite fearsome in the hands of a skilled user thanks to its precision and reach.

Speaking of new weapons...

This Knight demolisher has the pleasure of fielding the new Vulcan cannon. Originally a vehicle-based weapon, modifications by the Aldasveign Armories have enabled this 20mm powerhouse to be carted around by a Knight warrior equipped with a power pack. The presence of even one of these fearsome weapons can turn the tide against hordes of enemies, and the Knights have used its firepower to great effect against many a vistoren horde.

Details of the Vulcan. That massive ammo drum tends to get in the way of showing details. Despite the location of the T-handle, the barrels can still spin.

The Fallen Immortals are bar none the deadliest threat to ever face the free galaxy. Forever cursed due to their betrayal of Yelandar and hatred of all humanity, the Fallen now turn to foul magic and savage violence as a means of continuing their existence. They can be summoned to the material realm only through the use of vile rituals and immense bloodshed, but to those who can summon them, they may soon find themselves with the deadliest and most fearsome warriors the galaxy has ever seen. So long as they can keep the Fallen under control, that is. Cursed for their treachery, the Fallen Immortals no longer possess the youthful beauty and vigor of their more righteous peers. Their skin is ghostly pale, with sunken red eyes and sharp teeth that only hint at the host of demonic spirits possessing these living, breathing warriors of Hell...

A Fallen Demolisher, armed with a corrupted storm repeater. Perhaps you also noticed the corrupted Nova Swords wielded by the standard warriors? The Fallen are capable of corrupting weapons and armor by imbuing them with heretical magic and wicked demons, in a manner similar to how more noble weapons can be blessed. This makes the Fallen all the more deadly in combat, as the monstrous spirits that possess them and their weapons can only be at peace in the midst of violence and warfare.

This Fallen is armed with a Demon Maul and shield generator. At a glance, it would seem that the Fallen are not unlike the numerous Warhead shards witnessed throughout Galaxia Nehellenium, although it is believed there are far more Fallen warriors running around. Whether or not there is any relation between the two remains to be seen...

Lady Candor and her Knights battle with the vile Fallen, a scene witnessed on many unfortunate worlds across the galaxy. Although both Lady Candor and the Knights as a whole have slain thousands of Fallen, their numbers continue to grow, making them a true cause for concern in the modern age. In this particular battle, it is likely that Lady Candor could effortlessly slay this small host of Fallen, but I'm sure she would appreciate some kind of reinforcement?

That should do the trick!

New from the Armories, the Lionheart tank is quickly becoming a favorite among the Knight Legions. Though the Knights themselves are capable of defeating forces many times their size thanks to their superhuman nature, the Lionheart is a true linebreaker, armed with no less than four size 3 autoguns and a host of other weapons. The Lionheart's impenetrable armor and dozer blade allow it to literally drive through all but the thickest fortifications, upon which it can deploy a full squad of six Knights to wreak havoc on enemy positions.

The side-mounted weapon slots can host almost any known weapons, including autocannons, lasers, heavy machine guns and storm repeaters, grenade launchers, flamethrowers, and gauss weapons. The Lionheart also boasts a pair of concealed Mk. 1 pulse laser for repelling any adversaries that try to get too close. In case you couldn't tell, the Lionheart is basically the result of me dismantling my TIE Crawler and sticking its treads to the sides of a building.

The top of the Lionheart features an ATGM launcher and a turreted Storm Repeater, which is just as good mowing down infantry as it is destroying light gunships. The reflex sight aids in rapid target acquisition.

No idea why this pic turned out sideways, but here's the interior, showing the Knights inside. One of them is facing the wrong way because the flamethrower was in the way.

The Lionheart compared to my recently-completed Mersian tank, which is only slightly smaller than my Arcadian and Calvarian tanks. The Lionheart is a massive tank, outclassed only by super-heavy units. Anyhow, hope you enjoy the new units!
Ben-Jammin
Mega Blok

PreviousNext

Return to The Armoury