Battle for BR 2,015

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Battle for BR 2,015

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:55 am

I played a game of BrikWars with my son on New Years.  It was his first.  He had a blast and has been setting up battles every day since (what have I done?).  We played a sort of amalgam of Quik and Brik, with liberal doses of fudge.  I sort of controlled the bad guys and he mostly controlled the good guys.  Apologies in advance for the fluctuation in picture quality.  I was playing with a kid so the recording of the experience was always going to take a backseat.  I wanted to make sure he had fun.

I decided that, since I was going to record it anyway, I'd weave in a little story for you guys, as a sort of thanks.  Keep in mind that I wrote the report up after the fact so the language is mostly mine (and I've bent parts of it for story) but the orders and spirit are his.  

So here it is.  Thank you, BrikWarriors, for being a part of my life.

Contents

Round One
Round Two
Round Three
Round Four
Round Five
Round Six
Round Seven
Epilogue

Introduction

The helicopter touches down, long enough for Quantumsurfer and Scratch to deploy into a hot, dry desert in the middle of nowhere.  Giggles can faintly be heard over the roar of the rotor, coming from the direction of the cockpit.  The two QS!s pay it no mind.

Scratch: “Ugh, what is this place?  I feel…limited here.  And it was already bad enough after being dragged away from the other thing.  Splitting consciousness this many times is hard, even for me, Quantum.”

Quantum: “I know, and I’m sorry it’s taken this long for me to explain.  But it’s necessary, trust me.  This is…was…a Lesser Place of Power, dedicated to the DieFour and hidden on this FringeWorld for eons.  The Dice Cultists who built it prophesied that, one day, the DieFour would shake off its incompetent status and rise up to become an important power.  Funny…I don’t usually put too much stock in prophecy.”

Scratch: “I can hear you talking in Capital Letters again.  What do you mean, ‘was’?”

Quantum: “We’ve been investing power into this place, to use it as a lure and bait the most dangerous prey.”

Scratch: “What could we possibly be baiting and who’s ‘we’?”

Quantum: “Stability.  One of the Four Horsemen of the Brikpocalypse.  I’ve learned that he is hatching an apocalyptic plot most foul…”

Scratch:  “Stability!?  That rube?  Who cares?  Those guys are always hatching plots and trying to ruin everyone else’s fun.  They’re hardly worthy of a QS!’s attention.”

Quantum: “Normally, you’d be right.  But these things have a way of sneaking up on you when you’re not looking.  When The Shadowscythe opened this Rekonstruction with his Shitty Tit Farts Happy Cunting New Year maneuver, there was much rejoicing.  He had cut a swath through the stagnation growing in the BrikVerse, after all.  Gave us all a chance to reinvent and grow, as any new Rekon should.  And for the most part, we did.  But Stability saw his chance then and slipped in under the radar.  Every day of inactivity, every consistently unoriginal shitpost, that whole gods-forsaken anime thing…he’s been tapped into from the root and no one has run any kind of interference.”

Scratch: “Ooooh, I see it now.”

Quantum: “Precisely.  The Horsemen are usually weak ass and lame.  But everyone forgets that they have unlimited potential for power.”

Scratch: “So who’s the ‘we’ you were talking about and what have you been doing here?”

Quantum: “I’ve enlisted Silent-SigFig.  He’s always going on about how things were much better in the olden days anyway, so I figured he’d be perfect for the job.  He grumbled a bit about the d4 thing but saw that it was for the best.  He’s been hanging out here, his QS! power slowly seeping into the land around him.  He sends his consciousness out to the Czat every now and again to make it easier to trace him…and, more importantly, this place.  Go on, see for yourself, say hi.”

Scratch sends his senses flying outward and locates Silent easily.  He says hi.

Scratch: “So he’ll be drawn to this place both because its d4 nature suits his origins and because it’s steeped with QS! power.  That’ll give him the boost he needs to affect the very fabric of the BrikVerse.  He’s smart, though, and he’ll see it coming.  It’s why you can’t trap him in the Legitimitium Digital Dimension.  Dilanski, Scythe, Duerer, and you, for starters, could easily crush him under the weight of your MS! SHIPS…”

Quantum: “But then the Dimension would just crash.  We’d stop him from doing this but wouldn’t take away any of his power.  You’ve got it in one.  And even though he knows this is a trap…with this place being Brik-Low and our powers being limited here…it’s a trap he thinks he can avoid and a battle he thinks he can win.”

Scratch: “So this is time sensitive, then.  Can he?  Win, I mean.”

Quantum: “Maybe.  We’ve got our people and I hired a couple of Ketir-Iah to guard the temple.  Plus, I’ve got a few tricks up my sleeve.”

Scratch: “So what do you need me for?  Looks like you have this thing under wraps.”

Quantum: “I’ll need as many of us as I can get.  But you, specifically, for two reasons.  One, you’re the Czat’s best sounding board.  You spin Kanon faster than you spit mad rhymes.  There are a couple of others that can do it almost as well but only you can tell me if this plan is bananas.”

Scratch: “This plan is bananas.”

Quantum: “Good.  I can always rely on you guys for encouragement.  Two, you will do what is necessary when the time comes.  You have a healthy separation worthy of a QS!  With the others, I might have to resort to emotional manipulation.”

Scratch: “Okay, just one question left.  What the hell is that, above us, breaching the fabric of fucking reality?”

Quantum: “That…is a Kanon Ball.  Specifically, it’s BR 2,015 hurtling toward the BrikVersal Reality Core.  It’s why we’re here, at the end of all things.  Stability wants to stop it from hitting the ground.  We want to stop him from doing that.  If he succeeds, all of reality just…sort of…continues.  We just keep going on, eventually all becoming the same.  No new Kanon will erupt.  No new heroes will rise.  We’ll all just keep on pretending like…I don’t know…the Immortal War is still a thing.”

Scratch: “Isn’t it?  I mean, it’s badassness continues to echo throughout time…”

Quantum: “I guess, I don’t know.  Who cares?  Look, my point is that we won’t be able to experience any new Immortal War stuff, or anything else for that matter, because we’ll all be, gods, I dunno, Konstruction Workers following instruction manuals and pretending that everything is awesome.

Scratch: “…Little heavy handed, that.”

Quantum: “Shut up.  I had to work it in somehow.”

Scratch: “So, what’s that over there?”

Quantum: “What?  Oh, that’s Harold.  He’s fine, don’t worry about it.”

Scratch: “What’s he doing?”

Quantum: “Fondly regarding creation, I imagine.  In any case, that thing’s coming in pretty fast, so we don’t have much time before Stability comes in and mucks things up.”

Scratch: “Alright, well, let’s see some of these tricks of yours then.”

Quantum: “Sure.  Let’s start with this one.”

Quantum raises his OT Staff.  His power surges outward and grips the fraying edges of reality.  Scratch’s power leaps out to join his and a shining, spiraling wormhole spins into existence, pulsing with otherworldly power.

Scratch: “Oooh, neat.  What’s it going to do?”

Quantum: “Well, if I’ve got it right, we’ve torn a hole into the HumanoVerse.”

Scratch: “No shit?  How’d we manage that?”

Quantum: “I picked up a few things in my travels.  One of the greatest secrets I learned is that we are, all of us, across MultiVerses, connected.  We form reality consensually, with the web of our minds and souls facilitating this grand collaboration.  So a trick like this only takes a relatively small amount of power, for us, to enact.  All you need is an anchor and…”

A BIN SHIP tumbles through the wormhole and slams into the earth of the BrikVersian FringeWorld.  The noise is cacophonous and the shuddering boom echoes out into the wasteland.

Quantum: “Success!”

The BIN rumbles to a stop, just shy of a DieFour Effigy.  Rattling booms can be heard echoing from inside the SHIP.  The two QS!s wait patiently.

Eventually, the lid of the BIN snaps open and slides several inches to allow the egress of an oddly dressed minifig.  He scrambles over the lip of the opening and dangles for a moment, his legs scrabbling for purchase.  

The minifig drops the prodigious length to the ground and lands in a crouch.  He seems extraordinarily unharmed.

The minifig stands up quickly and draws his weapons, an old saber and an archaic firearm of some kind.  He quickly spots the two QS!s.

Scratch: “Your anchor, I presume?”

Quantum: “Yes, of course.  Meet Sam.”

Scratch: “Sam?  That sounds like a Human name…Great AFOL’s Neckbeard!  That’s a SigFig?”

Quantum: “Kind of, yes.  That would be the closest thing we have to describing him, anyway.  He’s the Human version of one, born from the imagination of a Human Child and carried through to Adulthood as a treasure.  In many respects, he’s more powerful than the whole of the Quantum Surfer Kontinuum could ever be.”

Sam: “Yo.”

Quantum: “Yo.”

Scratch: “Hey.”

Sam: “So, you’re me.  Kind of.”

Quantum: “Yep.  We need your help.  A brikpocalypse descends upon us that may well end our entire way of life.  The loss would be staggering and the tragedy profound.  With your aid, serving as a direct connection to Human Power, we may yet turn the tide and save our Universe.”

Sam: “Cool.  I’m game.”

Scratch: “Nice.”

Scratch: “Oh, looks like we’re out of time.  Company’s arrived!”

The two Quantum Surfers and the SigFig turn to see Stability and several cronies teleport in.  On closer inspection, it looks as if they’re all clones.

Scratch: “By all the gods, his face is even more horrifying than I imagined!”

Sam: “What’s wrong with it!?”

Quantum: (grimly) “He’s brasso’ed it off.  The ultimate expression of conformity.  The Monster.”

Quantum: “No matter, here come our people.  I knew I could count on Ninja Queen of the England.  That diverse force is sure to shake Stability to his core!”

Scratch: “Good choice!  But where are the rest of Brian’s Irregulars?”

Quantum: “There are several other apocalypses occurring right now.  They’re probably out among them, helping the rest of our people.  I’m hoping some more of our guys can drop by soon to help out.”

Scratch: “Hmm…a quick probabilities calculation estimates that they’ll probably show up around Turn 3.”

Quantum: “Awesome.”

Stability: “Fools!  Your ragtag band can do nothing to stop me from blowing this Kanon Ball out of the sky!  I’ve already won.”

At his words, he summons a sniper rifle and several reinforcements fly in from the flanks.

Quantum: “Sam!  In this Verse, you have the powers of a Quantum Surfer.  Let’s gain the upper hand here.”

Sam: “Oh, really?  Cool, I’ll see what I can do.”

Sam turns and taps into his new powers.  Already a talented technomage, he is familiar with both magik and the inner workings of Creations.  He summons an extraordinarily large version of himself.  He turns back and grins at Quantum and Scratch.

Sam: “Like that?”

Quantum: “Wow, I didn’t expect anything quite so…mary-sue…but there’s no denying that it’s pretty fucking badass.”

Sam: “Please…haven’t we already crossed that line?  

Quantum: “Now for my second trick.  Scratch, if you’ll assist me, I think we can pull in some more reinforcements.”

Scratch: “Okay, sounds good.”

The QS!s power again flows together and lances out at the already crumpling boundary of reality.  They punch through with some difficulty and manage to rip a small tear not only in the Legitimitium MultiVerse but also through to another Toy MultiVerse!  Figures from an alien, but similarly Imaginative, universe pour in through the rent.  Quantum uses his Wiki Scribe Special Ability to bring them up to date and they willingly join the Hero Army.

Stability: “Enough of this cock measuring contest!  Let’s fight!”

Notably, Stability summons a mech for himself as he leaps forward and makes this statement.  He fires an energy beam at the heroes.

Round Zero

Overwatch A

Overwatch B, Stability’s Forces

Overwatch C, Heroic Army

Next:  Round One
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Re: Battle for BR 2,015

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:14 am

Previous:  Introduction

Round One

Stability Turn 1a

Stability’s Mecha-Beam cuts through three of the heroes.  The forester is decapitated while the magician and minotaur are bisected.  A palpable hit.

Stability Turn 1b

The two dropships, the two hovercraft, and the battle clones advance en masse.

Stability Turn 1c

The Reg-Clones on the outsides move back toward the temple while the four in the middle gather in a circle and begin chanting a Dark Ritual.

Heroes Turn 1a

The Ninja who flew in on the glider gets up and performs a Ninja-Vanish!

Heroes Turn 1b

Captain America guns his motorcycle forward and smashes into the BattleClone line, killing two of them from the impact.

Heroes Turn 1c

Woody kamikaze’s his airplane into the hovercraft on the western flank.  He leaps from the plane at the last moment.  The impact and resulting explosions kill everyone aboard.

Heroes Turn 1d

Unfortunately, the momentum and impact also kill Woody.  Sadly, that universe’s version of RAGE, the BloodBlade will not get to slake it’s endless thirst this battle.

Heroes Turn 1e

Scratch phases out, disappearing from plain view.

Heroes Turn 1f

Buzz tries to take vengeance for his fallen friend by ramming his own hovership into Stability’s mech.  Unfortunately, the smaller vehicle glances off and crashes.  Buzz manages to barely survive the impact.

Heroes Turn 1g

The heroes all sprint forward, eager to get into the battle.

Heroes Turn 1h

BigSam brings his giant saber down onto the dropship on the eastern flank.  The weapon cuts through the vehicle like a hot knife through butter, obliterating it and all the BattleClones aboard.  Unfortunately, the impact from its own blow knocks into backward into the edge of reality and it dissipates.

He was a gift and I carelessly knocked him off the table so I freaked out and put him away.

Overwatch A

The Ball drops a few inches.  Human voices echo across the wasteland from beyond the wormhole.  “Ten!” they seem to say.  

Next:  Round Two
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:24 am

Previous:  Round One

Round Two

Stability Turn 2a

Sam drops to the ground where BigSam had been moments before.  The BattleClones there consider attacking him but think better of it in the end.

Stability Turn 2b

The dropship to the west swoops down, deploys its troops, and guns down the genie.

Stability Turn 2c

The remaining line of BattleClones turns and combines fire on Captain America, who hunkers down under their onslaught and manages to survive.

Stability Turn 2d

Two RegClones gun down a Ketir-Iah.

Stability Turn 2e

Stability yanks Buzz out of his vehicle and crushes him in his mighty mechanized fist.

Heroes Turn 2a

The Moon Knight and his wolf companion charge Stability and manage to mangle one of his legs.  Stability uses Buzz’s body to beat the wolf to death in the counterattack.

Heroes Turn 2b

Ninja Queen of the England and his mother, WonderWoman rush the recently deployed BattleClones.  NQotE stabs the bejeesus out of one but WW fails to take down the other.

Heroes Turn 2c

The mechanized walker moves up and finishes the job with his sawblade.

Heroes Turn 2d

Steampunk Guy rushes Stability and finishes his mech off with a flourish of whirling golden blades.

Heroes Turn 2e

The mech topples backward and Stability rolls out, unharmed.  Its flailing arm takes out a BattleClone, however.

Heroes Turn 2f

The rest of the heroes continue to advance.

Overwatch A

A Kanon Ball’s eye view of the devastation so far.

Overwatch B

The ball drops another few inches.  “Nine!”

Next:  Round Three
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:40 am

Previous:  Round Two

Round Three

Stability Turn 3a

Stability’s reinforcements arrive, in the form of a goddamn gunship!

Stability Turn 3b

The gunship roars forward and punches holes in the mechanized walker, the Moon Knight, and the Spaceman with the Exoskeleton.  The bigger creatures seem to have no advantages against this monster.

Stability Turn 3c

The Ketir stoically weathers several more shots from the RegClones.  Stability moves over toward the Ritual, presumably to check on its progress.

Stability Turn 3d

Captain America has abandoned his perforated bike, which slams against one of the DieFour monuments.  Shield up, he survives another combined assault from the BattleClones.

Stability Turn 3e

The hovercraft zooms up the eastern flank and fires a beam at the armored policeman.  He raises his shield and effortlessly glances the shot away.

Stability Turn 3f

The two remaining BattleClones attempt to withdraw from close combat so they can use their guns but are cut down by Ninja Queen and WonderWoman.

Heroes Turn 3a

The Heroic reinforcements also arrive, as predicted.

Silverdream: “Hey.  I brought these guys.  The rest are busy elsewhere.”

I definitely wanted to include more Personalities.  I only had a handful in mind from the start but once I got here, I wanted a larger number of you.  I just don't have the bricks for it, though, so I wrote in the Brik-Low environment joke and the multiple apocalypses explanation.

Heroes Turn 3b

The Ninja appears right on top of the gunship’s missile rack.  He rigs them to explode.

Heroes Turn 3c

Captain America hurls his shield, bouncing it between the BattleClones and braining all of them.  His shield flies back toward him and he catches it easily.

Heroes Turn 3d

He then backflips an amazing height, landing on the wing of the gunship.

Heroes Turn 3e

Cap bolts forward along the entire length of the ship and smashes his shield through the cockpit and into the pilot’s face.  As the missile rack in the back begins to explode, the nose of the ship tilts dangerously far forward.  The resulting crash and explosions kill everyone involved.

Heroes Turn 3f

The Ketir-Iah has finally decided he isn’t getting paid enough to just stand around and guard some dumb temple.  He runs forward and cuts down a RegClone.

Heroes Turn 3g

Silent wakes up and sprints along one side of the temple.

Heroes Turn 3h

The heroes continue their implacable advance.

Heroes Turn 3i

Sam takes aim with his technoretro pistol and blows the hovercraft pilot’s head clean off.  The craft careens to a halt.

Overwatch A

The Ball drops a few more inches.  “Eight…Seven!”

Next:  Round Four
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:52 am

Previous:  Round Three

Round Four

Stability Turn 4a

Two RegClones turn and take down the approaching police bike.

Stability Turn 4b

Stability rejoins the action, pulling out his sniper rifle and plugging the armored policeman.

Stability Turn 4c

A pulse of power emanates from Stability’s general position and several of the fallen clones on the field are recycled and reformed.  They just so happen to be strategically positioned to open fire on much of the heroic army.

Stability Turn 4d

WonderWoman and Solitaire are gunned down but Ninja Queen survives the shot.

Stability Turn 4e

Magneto and Green Wizard also bite the dust.

Stability Turn 4f

Soccer Lord also, miraculously, goes down.  Two of the passengers of the hovercraft get out.  One takes cover in the vehicle and fires off a potshot, to no avail.  One guy charges Sam, only to be cut down in the counterattack.  The last guy takes cover behind the engine and fires off a shot at Sam.  The shot dissipates and causes no harm.

Heroes Turn 4a

Steampunk Guy crushes a BattleClone underfoot.

Heroes Turn 4b

Quantum retaliates with a mass maneuver of his own and teleports the new reinforcements throughout the field.  Several enemies fall to the various heroes.

Heroes Turn 4c

The brothers roar forward on their bikes and run over some clones.

Heroes Turn 4d

Silverdream’s Sword: “Man, u c dis shit?  lemme fight, u fukker!”

Silverdream: “Ha!  You’re my sword, asshole.  I’ll use you as I see fit.  You cannot overcome my unfathomable will.  I will use you to obliterate these enemies and then I will put you back where you belong.”

Heroes Turn 4e

Silvadream: “NO!  fuck u!  U don’t confront me!  Nobody gon tell me wtf 2 do!”

Silvadream manifests in physical form.  His forceful escape surprises Silverdream, who did not perhaps realize how weakened his powers were in this place.  Silva’s power floods the area as he taps into the MultiVersal Disruption the QS!s caused earlier.

Heroes Turn 4f

The helicopter flies forward and several other characters leap out.

Heroes Turn 4g

Briks fall from the sky, harbingers of the hurtling BR 2,015.  Silent picks one up and clubs a RegClone to death with it.

Overwatch A

The falling ball is thunderous now, scouring away even the atmosphere.  “Six…Five!”

Overwatch B

The Dark Ritual’s power pulses and begins to slow the approaching Rekon.

Next:  Round Five
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:04 am

Previous:  Round Four

Round Five

Stability Turn 5a

Stability reaches into the HumanoVerse and summons a forcefield of great strength over his ritualists.

Stability Turn 5b

The PeachClone with the rifle puts a hole in Maverick’s helmet.

Stability Turn 5c

Darth Feculence, Lord of the Shit, Mighty Hero of the Dungans appears and ignites his infamous double-bladed peesaber, the “Golden Shower.”  A pall falls across the field.  Stability has clearly manipulated the idiot into serving him.  Sinister music plays in the background.  “Biiiiiiitches….and Hoooooooosss….Biiiiiiiiitches….and Hoooooooos….Bitches, Bitches, Bitches, and Hos…”

Stability Turn 5d

Feculence uses the Farce and sweeps Stability’s fallen mech forcefully across the field.

Stability Turn 5e

Warhead and Colette are smashed by the flying mech.  Ninja Queen and Killer Karetsu pull some ninja bullshit and avoid being hit.

Heroes Turn 5a

While several of the heroes rush in to surround Stability, the helicopter unloads its entire missile complement on the forcefield.  Silent also hits it with a brik.  Nothing penetrates.

Heroes Turn 5b

The LegitEye Knight commandeers the hovercraft and guides it over to fire on the forcefield as well.  This also fails to have an effect.

Heroes Turn 5c

Feculence leaps down from the forcefield and squares off against The Shadowscythe, who chuckles deeply.  

Shadowscythe: “Come on, then, you cockwombling shiteater.”

Heroes Turn 5d

The heroes on Stability commence a massive beat down.  He crumples under their onslaught…

Heroes Turn 5e

Or so it seemed!  Stability must’ve swapped places with one of his clones earlier and is now safely tucked under his forcefield.

Heroes Turn 5f

The QS!s near Silva use their combined might to teleport his massive ass across the field.

Heroes Turn 5g

He appears next to the forcefield and uses his own heroic feat to summon Optimus Prime.  Together, the two massive creatures lift the forcefield, their sheer mass straining against Stability’s incredible power.

Heroes Turn 5h

They succeed!  Alas, their success comes at the cost of Silva’s life.  He is hurtled backward and slams into the hovering helicopter.  Both are thrown to the ground in a fiery crash.

Heroes Turn 5i

Optimus is also hurtled backward, slamming into the temple.  Part of it collapses on him and his spark is snuffed.

Heroes Turn 5j

A wild Scratch appears!  He lifts his massive gun in one hand and blows one of the ritualists apart.  The Ritual wobbles but doesn’t fall down.  It looks like they’ll all need to be taken down!

Overwatch A

The Kanon Ball surges against the opposing forces.  “Four…Three…Two!”

Next:   Round Six
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:16 am

Previous:  Round Five

Round Six

Stability Turn 6a

Stability pulls the same trick he used earlier, proving out his evil, and raises the dead clones.  They stand up and take aim.

Stability Turn 6b

The combined fire of more than half a dozen of them brings down Scratch.  The QS!s are starting to realize how powerless, comparatively, they are here at the end of all things.  They know that they need to win this battle or the BrikVerse will be forever doomed.

Stability Turn 6c

Feculence launches himself at Shadowscythe.  The two duel briefly, but furiously.  In the end, the Dungan Lord is cut down by Scythe’s sweeping blade.

Stability Turn 6d

His victory is short lived, however, as he is brutally gunned down by another half dozen of Stability’s bastards.

Heroes Turn 6a

Kalvinator jetpacks across the field, hurling a kalvarang on the way in that bashes in one clone’s face, and bodily tackles another clone to the ground.  

Heroes Turn 6b

Theblackdog fires off a beam that annihilates four of the clones in one shot.  Guess they shouldn’t have lined up like that.

Heroes Turn 6c

Silent grabs a ritualist and body slams him to the ground before pulling a Steven Seagal Special.  The minifig slumps like an extra in a B-Rated Action Movie.

Heroes Turn 6d

Sam skids to a half and blows a hole through a third ritualist with his technoretro pistol.  The Ritual begins to crumble but is still being held up by the strength of Stability’s will.

Heroes Turn 6e

Quantum teleports in and grabs one arm while Ninja Queen of the England runs up and grabs the other.

Quantum: “Silver!  Silent!  Call him!”

Silver and Silent: “Right!”

Heroes Turn 6f

Silver and Gold smash together, opposing and yet complimenting forces, to generate enough power to pierce the veil in this place.  Their power searches the heavens and serves as a guiding light in the darkness for…

Heroes Turn 6g

Manly Fuckin’ Santa!  He arrives in his desert sled, with Natalya whooping in the passenger seat.

Heroes Turn 6h

Natalya wastes no time in leaping from the sled, her twin pistols rapid fire blasting the clones lined up there, like ducks in a row.

Heroes Turn 6i

MFS leaps out the back, drawing two elven scimitars on the way, and beheads a clone on his way down.

Heroes Turn 6j

Quantum: “MFS!  I need the Khristmas Kanon!”

MFS: “Quantum, we discussed this!  It’s only good for one shot a year and the Emotion contained within that shot could easily overwhelm a QS! who stood too close!  When you asked me to delay your present, I didn’t seriously think you still wanted this!”

Quantum: “I know, dammit, and I do!  Set it up before it’s too late!  BR 2,015 is losing momentum!”

Next:  Round Seven
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:25 am

Previously:  Round Six

Round Seven

Stability Turn 7a

Stability attempts to break free of the Grabs but is utterly unsuccessful.  Now’s the time!

Heroes Turn 7a

MFS pulls the Khristmas Kanon from his bag and plunks it down directly in front of the struggling Stability.

Quantum: “Silver, you have to fire the Kanon!  Now!”

Silver: “I can’t…you’ll be caught in the blast.  You’re too Useful to lose!”

Quantum: “Scratch was going to be the one to fire it.  He can’t do it now!  Please, my friend, you have to be the one!  I can’t continue to be useful unless you pull the goddamn trigger!”

Ninja Queen of the England: “Jesus, is this circlejerk over yet?  Fire the Kanon!  Do it!”

Heroes Turn 7b

Silver climbs the Kanon and turns the knob to aim it.  Rage and grief well up and threaten to overwhelm him.  His emotions mingle with the sheer joy and creativity the Kanon is radiating.  The effect is obvious and tinges the atmosphere with color.

Heroes Turn 7c

He slams his fists down on the activation button.  The joy in a minifig’s heart, the delight in destruction, the thrill of the hunt, the happy chaos and hilarious slaughter, the thunder of rolling dice, the Human laughter that reverberates throughout creation, the utter irreverence of the universe and its inhabitants…all of it…the BrikVersian Essence, the web of collaboration and imagination that catches us all when we fall and springs us up back into action with no bullshit involved but as much nonsense as we can muster just so that we remember to never take ourselves too seriously…the Kanon taps into it…and completely obliterates everything in its fucking path.

Heroes Turn 7d

The Khristmas Kanon crumbles, its shot expended.  Not even an atom of Stability or the heroes who sacrificed themselves to take him out remains in BR 2,014.  There is a moment of quiet.

Heroes Turn 7e

Then something.  It starts in low…then it starts to grow…and this sound—it isn’t sad!  Why, this sound sounds…glad!  The minifigs, they gather round and watch with shining eyes as BR 2,015 comes down.  Stability hadn’t stopped it from coming—it came!  They kicked his fucking ass and it came just the same.

Overwatch A

As the Human voices rise to a crescendo and shout out the “One!”

Overwatch B

BR 2,015, on a FringeWorld in the BrikVerse, blots out the sun.

Overwatch C

So as the New Year comes down with a tiny little “tink!” so too ends this love letter

Overwatch D

In the hopes that 2015 will be even fucking better.

Next:  Epilogue
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 5:38 am

Previously:  Round Seven

Epilogue

The Shaman wakes up in a windswept desert, with a vague pounding in his head and no bloody memory of how he arrived there.

Or where there is, for that matter.  He sits up, rubbing his temple.  He feels like he’s been shot face first out of a cannon.

Shaman: “Uuugh, where the hell am I?”

He turns to see a Janitor pushing a push broom toward him.  His confusion mounts.

Janitor: “Neither here nor there.”

Shaman: “Who are you?  And what are you doing out here?”

Janitor: “Name’s Stubby.  And what the hell does it look like I’m doing, dumbass?”

Shaman: “Sorry, I just…Do you know what I’m doing out here?”

Stubby: “Haven’t the faintest.  Sitting in the sand, looks like.”

Shaman: “Oh.”

The Shaman looks around, seemingly lost.  The Janitor seems to take pity on him, or so it seems to the Shaman, who can’t really tell one way or the other.

Stubby: “How are you feeling?”

Shaman: “Mm?  Oh, just a little headache.  Otherwise, I feel good.  Fulfilled somehow.  Maybe glad to be here?  But I don’t know why so I guess I’m just a little lost.”

Stubby: “Look, I reckon you’ll figure your way around soon enough.  Remember whatever it is you forgot, maybe learn something new.  Take a look around.  I mean, personally, I’d go somewhere else to do the looking but it’s your prerogative.  Just remember, if you ain’t having fun while you’re doing it, you’re doing it wrong.”

The Shaman stands up, nodding.  Makes sense, even if nothing else does.

Stubby: “Hey, look, ain’t you lucky?  Looks like you’ve got a ride out of here after all.  Good luck to you.”

The Shaman turns in the direction the Janitor indicates and sees a pretty badass looking warrior woman headed his way.  She calls out to him as she approaches.

Warrior Woman: “Hello?  You ok?”

He waves in response.

He turns back toward the Janitor.

Shaman: “Yeah, thanks, Stub…by…?”

But the Janitor is gone.  Was he ever really there in the first place?

The Shaman greets the woman as she walks up.

Shaman: “Yo.”

What the hell?  What an odd greeting.  The Shaman doesn’t think he meant to say it but shrugs it off.

Warrior Woman: “Hi.  You need a lift?”

Shaman: “That’d be great, thanks.”

She nods and scans the area as the Shaman leans over to pick up what is presumably his staff.  As his hand touches the old steelwood, memories come flooding back to him.  He stumbles a little.

Warrior Woman: “Whoa, there.  You all right?”

Shaman: “Yeah, I just…”

Woman: “What happened to you?  You look like hell.  And this is no place to be taking a nap.”

Shaman: “I…I think my ship crashed.  Stranded.  No idea how I got out here, though.”

Woman: “You REL?”

Shaman: “Yes, I think so.  High Guard.  We were…assigned here.  The Invaders came…it’s all a little fuzzy around the edges.”

Woman: “That’s ok.  I think I can help fill you in.  Got a couple of your kin back at basecamp.  REL survivors also.  Name’s Shepherd.  You got a name?”

Shaman: “Shaman.  I’m much obliged, ma’am.”

Shepherd: “You cut that ma’am crap out right now, Shaman, and you and I can be friends.”

Shaman: “Ha, yes, ma’am.”

As the pair heads back toward Shepherd’s buggy, something tickles at the edges of the Shaman’s consciousness.  Like a sound at the furthest reach of his hearing or like one out of a memory.  It thrums in time with the magik flowing through his veins…almost as if it were fundamental to reality itself.

Shaman: “Do you hear that?”

Shepherd: “I don’t hear anything over this blasted, howling wasteland.  What is it?  Raiders?”

Shaman: “No…sounds like puppies being kicked…approximately 2d6 of them.”
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby Zahru II » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:44 am

Seems like you had a fun time overall!
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Quantumsurfer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 6:56 am

We definitely did.  Got a little BrikWarrior on my hands now.
Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Postby loafofcheese » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:15 am

That was an excellent battle report. All the right stuff, all the Kanon. Did you have to explain the forum characters to your son though?
This is the way the world ends.
Not with a bang, but with a whimper.
loafofcheese
Cannon Fodder

Postby stubby » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:58 am

Are those Santa Claws?
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Kommander Ken » Mon Jan 05, 2015 11:23 am

Man, that was epic. I love your storytelling and... well... everything.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Duerer » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:07 pm

That battle was plain awesome! Brikwars at it's finest!
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Next

Return to Reports From the Field