Adventures in Biotech

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Re: Adventures in Biotech

Postby BFenix » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:50 am

Duerer wrote:
Zupponn wrote:Mikasa is Sucasa.

hehe... suka

Blyat!
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby Colette » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:38 pm

Time: 7/19/G.R. 2015

Hospitality Robot: How may I be of service?
Dr. Herder: Oh shut up will you?

Dr. Herder: Acelera Compliance Unit personnel, stand at attention!

Dr. Herder: Joining us today will be the Chief Operations Officer of Acelera, Dr. Nagato. Do you have any words, COO?
Dr. Nagato: ...
Dr. Herder: Very well then.

A glass panel on the landing pad displays a part of the galactic map.
Dr. Herder: There’s a Space Canadian shipment of TMAH coming from a factory in Akkan Dosh Unity. If we can intercept this, we can halt the MCC’s research efforts into their Antifeu clone.

Dr. Herder: Our chance will come when the freighter passes through Amestris. We’re printing out the Amestrian soldier armor as we speak - you will be given an old and commonplace shuttle to intercept the ADU while impersonating Amestrian customs. You are to then seize the TMAH and eliminate all witnesses under the pretense of peach freedom fighting. This will likely result in a war between ADU and Amestris, which is none of our concern.

Dr. Herder: To increase the fidelity of this scenario’s plausible deniability, you will all inject yourselves with peach virus for this mission. After it has been successfully completed, you will be administered peach virus cure as part of operational expenses.

Dr. Herder: I expect that this operation will put an end to Space Canada and Assyria’s infringement and force compliance.

Dr. Nagato: Do not disappoint the shareholders again, doctor.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Colette » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:40 pm

Time: 7/19/G.R. 2015

ADU Pilot 1: Man, what a bumfuck patch of stellar space to be passing through.
ADU Pilot 2: Some new upstart peach country called Amestris. I don’t think they’d like us, but boss told us that passing through this route would save fuel. As long as they don’t notice us, we should be fine.

”Amestris” Pilot: Stop right there, intruders.
ADU Pilot 1: Awww fuck.

”Amestris" Pilot: Listen up, criminal scum, what are you doing in our country? Identify yourselves at once.
ADU Pilot 2: Well you see, ummm, we can explain...

”Amestris” Soldiers: Deploy, deploy!

”Amestris” Pilot: Don’t shoot, unless you’d like to provoke an international incident and get massacred by Amestrian reinforcements. If you cooperate, we’ll let you live.
ADU Pilot 1: Hey, did we remember to refill our laser energy cells when we stopped by the Avicii Empire?
ADU Pilot 2: D’oh!

”Amestris” Pilot: Prepare for boarding - we will also seize all cargo onboard for inspection.
”Amestris” Pilot radio: ”This is team leader to ACU boarders, kill the two ADU pilots once you’re in. Don’t let it show until the last minute.”
Last edited by Colette on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Vami IV » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:41 pm

i suppose it's easy to slip by the Spanish armada when it's irl force is so small
Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Postby Natalya » Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:46 pm

It's beginning.
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."
Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Natalya » Mon Sep 21, 2015 2:41 pm

http://www.salon.com/2015/09/21/twitter ... 5_percent/
Lol this guy gets promoted to Acelera's board shortly after joining the company.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby RedRover » Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:43 pm

RIP Amestris
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Natalya » Mon May 23, 2016 12:28 am

Xianghua:  On the matter of last month's attack, General your people have gotten everything figured out?

General Ulmanis:  Yes ma'am, it looks like the perpetrators were a rogue wing of a Trattorian biotech company, and the targets were the scientists present when the attack began.

General Ulmanis:  Commander Kuonji's unit put the pieces together.

Kuonji:  Empress, we discovered that they hacked through a terminal in the PalaceNet secure data system.  From there the security droids were hacked in real time.  Tracing the attack we found some mobsters who had been paid off by some mid-level suits at Accelera Pharmaceuticals.  We think they were trying to kill Drs Comeau and Osols because of their research.

Kuonji:  My unit reported our findings to the General and Secretary Eglīte, and we notified the Tech Office about the vulnerabilities in PalaceNet.
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Natalya » Mon May 23, 2016 12:57 am

Xianghua:  Līga, you tell me you've got some concessions out of the Trattorians from this incident.

Secretary of State Līga Eglīte:  Yes Empress, I've invited Ambassador Kurenai to speak on his government's behalf.

Trattorian Ambassador to the ASE, Dr. Kurenai:  Empress, I want to issue a formal apology on behalf of our government over this incident.  The actions taken by the perpetrators do not reflect the goals of the Trattorian government.  We are incredibly embarrassed by this situation and would like to keep it as quiet as possible.

Ambassador Kurenai:  To demonstrate our sincere apology our government has persuaded the board at Accelera to cease their pursuit of a GIPO injunction against BRPA and the CSL's MCC.  We also are setting up a private fund for the victims of the attack.  We hope to continue the positive relations between Trattoria and the ASE despite this hiccup.

Xianghua:  Apology accepted Dr. Kurenai.  We can make sure the exact details of this event are kept classified in exchange for the dropping of the GIPO suit.
Xianghua:  Miss Prest, have your engineers made progress on the security fix for the PalaceNet system?

Samantha Prest, CTO of SA MicroSystems:  Yes my Empress, we should have the patch ready by the end of the week.  This was a Day 0 attack so it's taken us a little longer than usual to ensure a complete fix of the vulnerabilities, but my people are confident the system will be ready shortly.

Xianghua:  Very good.  I'll be glad to put this whole matter behind us.

Xianghua:  Moving on, Līga, tell me about this situation with the Lieutvans and the Poles...

End of Adventures in Biotech
  ▲
▲ ▲

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Postby Duerer » Mon May 23, 2016 1:27 am

Shit's about to get real, guize!
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017