I would like your opinions on another build

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

I would like your opinions on another build

Post by motorhead fan » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:36 pm

As some of you may be aware, I am in the middle of rewatching the Alien and Predator films, in about a week I'm going to England for a few days and I plan to buy the boxset of Aliens vs predator, I saw them a few years back and enjoyed them as much as I do the others. But that's not what I've come to tell you about.

Since I already had one predator(I'll get you a pic at some point if you want it). I needed to get a few Xenomorphs, because to be honest, they are my favorite.
I'd already and failed before to make a Xenomorph, but my numerous attempts all ended in failure, all those rods stuck Inside of bricks are a testament to this.

I am now older and have decided to partially use internet designs with a bit of my own that I came up on my own(Or did I? I'm pretty sure that I did but who knows?)
Sadly, on LDD, as you well know, you can't combine minifig necks with bricks, but if you squint/take off your glasses when you look at it, you can sort of see the design...

Here is the overall thing, I'm pretty sure the head is someone else's but the rest might be mine.

Here is the head

and the body.

The head is a bit out of proportion, but minifigs aren't exactly human proportion either, so that isn't that much of problem in my eyes.
Do you have any suggestions on how to make this better?
I plan do get about 8 to 12 of these in total, but not right away. I'd also like to get about 4 more predators, but the parts I use for them are quite rare,
so that'll take a while.

Also, weren't there aliens and predators in an old massive forum battle? It might have been ZZD, I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure there was a faction called peach pirates in the same battle though

Dienekes22
Minifig

Re: I would like your opinions on another build

Post by Dienekes22 » Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:23 pm

I like both pieces individually, but either the head is too big or the body is too small.

Personally I like the body scale better and I would try to make the head smaller.

Not to say it's not cool, it's a great little build.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Post by motorhead fan » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:54 am

Does this head look better on the body?
Spoiler
Show

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:10 am

Yes
Image Image

Dienekes22
Minifig

Post by Dienekes22 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:44 am

Yeah I really like that new head
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -

motorhead fan

Post by motorhead fan » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:22 am

Excellent, I''ll keep this design to one side for next time I go on bricklink.