Once Upon a World 2.0

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: Once Upon a World 2.0

Postby Arkondre » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:51 pm

:tiger:  Beautiful, all of it
TROLOLO
Arkondre
God of BrikWars

Postby ikensall » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:21 pm

Thanks guys, so I made this and wrote the blurb before I went off to university/college and for whatever reason thought I'd let it stew a bit before I posted it. The build isn't perfect but I'm pretty tied up so I don't see myself tinkering much with it anytime soon. Ergo here's another plane, might try a different camera angle too if I ever retake it.

Snatch Raider N. 45 of the Penal Air Corps

When the Snatch Raider fighter-bomber was first introduced airmen disliked it for its underwhelming flight characteristics, and  it was widely proclaimed a deathtrap for the way its rivets sheared off under fire.

The Snatch Raider (and several of its dissenting pilots) were transferred to the Penal Air Corps for duties attacking flak emplacements and aerodromes. To convert the standard plane for penal use a locked cockpit cover was added to prevent pilots jumping out, with explosive charges and an antennae for remote detonation placed just behind the cockpit to ensure orders were followed to the letter.

Yes it's blurry but I only managed one take before my batteries died. Forgive me for my sins. idc

"What's a penal air force tho?"
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shtrafbat
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby Captain-Camper » Mon Dec 19, 2016 3:40 pm

This is absolutely wonderful! I must ask did you base this off the soviet flying submarine because I'm getting that vibe. Great build lovely as usual continue the great work!
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"
Captain-Camper
seriously?

Postby Duerer » Tue Dec 20, 2016 2:59 am

ikensall wrote:Snatch Raider N. 45 of the Penal Air Corps

:warhead:

Needless to say, this subplane is pretty neat.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby ikensall » Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:40 pm

Haha it wasn't actually inspired by that thing although with the slightly obscured cockpit I can see a connection. Having said that I was trying for something that looked more like naval architecture than aeronautical engineering, and I tried to copy some vibes from the soviet Il2 Sturmovik (designed for defending the motherland, whether the pilot wants to or not).
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Postby BFenix » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:10 am

It's like these would fit perfectly in the Adventurers theme world! The van with Johnny Thunder and Dr.Kilroy helped a bit, ahah.

Giving a fine example of originality and quality photography here, Ikensall. Kudos  :ftw:
BFenix
Pooplord

Postby ikensall » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:43 pm

Thanks man  :)
ikensall
Princess Cauliflower

Previous

Return to The Armoury