[BB17] Greenskins. No, not the orcs/goblins [Update]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya

Re: [BB17] Greenskins. No, not the orcs/goblins.

Postby Cakeman » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:15 am

stubby wrote:These guys should team up with the Chosen of Solek.

It made so much sense I created a little backstory. So now they are firmly rooted on Medivo it seems, and affiliated with Solek.
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: [BB17] Greenskins. No, not the orcs/goblins.

Postby Cakeman » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:02 am

Update

So I managed to scrounge up parts for another dinosaur. Chant with me: "Solek! Solek! (ey äy ftagn!)"
I was very much inspired by Zahrus fantastic Enigma of Sol in trying to craft a better look for this one.

It features an elevated platform for archers, and a large backmounted catapult for hurling canisters of explosive fire at the enemies of Solek.

Side view

The dinosaurs back rear end ass is protected by extra plating and we can see the two engineers/gunners who load, aim and fire the catapult.

The firebombs are stored somewhat unprotected, but then again inventory space is scarce in a ride like this. To avoid painful accidents (though hilarious), it's best to fire them all at the enemy before anyone is close enough to throw in a torch or anything similarly disrupting.

The warbeasts of King Kroc! Now to be honest, I'm not as fond of this new one as I am of King Krocs personal ride. Ofcourse this is due to a lack of skulls and spikes, but I somehow thought I could pull off a more polished look. Not so. Is it just me, or what do you say? Is it the general shaping, should I have the platform in the back or at the sides and the catapult mor to the front for a better more menacing look?
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: [BB17] Greenskins. No, not the orcs/goblins [Update]

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:21 pm

Style: 8.5
Substance: 8.5
Photography: 9.5
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Kommander Ken » Tue Apr 11, 2017 6:59 pm

Style: 10
Substance: 8
Photography: 7
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby aoffan23 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 8:22 pm

Style: 9.5
Substance: 8
Photography: 7.5

A lot more to take into account than most of the builds. Overall great, really cohesive force. The points I would have deducted for using the Prince of Persia bolt thrower are more than made up for by the extra bits like the hut and swamp scenery.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Cakeman » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:28 pm

aoffan23 wrote:The points I would have deducted for using the Prince of Persia bolt thrower

Well spotted, I bow to your superior lego recognition. Actually, I picked it from the shelf to arrange a siege-unit, and it looked pretty ok so I kept it. Also, I was lazy. Now that my secret has been found out, I guess I have to do something about that.
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Postby aoffan23 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Cakeman wrote:
aoffan23 wrote:The points I would have deducted for using the Prince of Persia bolt thrower

Well spotted, I bow to your superior lego recognition. Actually, I picked it from the shelf to arrange a siege-unit, and it looked pretty ok so I kept it. Also, I was lazy. Now that my secret has been found out, I guess I have to do something about that.

Hey, there's nothing wrong with using official Lego builds in your army. Don't let me noticing it change your mind.

Also the only reason I recognized it is because I own the set and remember building it. :P
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Previous

Return to The Armoury