It will be fun they said PART ONE

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

It will be fun they said PART ONE

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:29 pm

<INCOMING TRANSMISSION...>
<NETWORK SCAN...>
<NETWORK="SECURE">
<PLAYBACK-FOOTAGE>
<LOCATION: [ALKERIA] [CLASSIFIED] [HANGER]>
<D/T= [CLASSIFIED]>

Alkerian Pilot: This is the hanger sir. Your transporter will take you up to the ship.
Hiremas Alkerith: I would have thought the ship could land itself here. Still, no matter. What type of ship is it?
Alkerian Pilot: She's a real classic sir. The Explorer 101, one of the only surviving models of the Explorer series.

At that moment everything in Alkerith's mannerisms changed. The scarred expression of pain and fury vanished from his face, as the ghost of his former self showed through. His confident smile etched it's way across his face, as his eyes looked into space, reminiscing in the glory days, when times were less dark. He calmly turned to the pilot.

Hiremas Alkerith: The Explorer 101? Really? God that ship must be Millenia old. Still, nothing rusts in space, eh? That explains why we need a transport to get up there. Hey, tell you what. As soon as we get on board I'll buy you a drink. What do you want? Peach explosion a go-go? Miles goes on and on about them, said he heard about them on a "Ray-dee-Oh" he built, but I personally find them a little sweet. Or you could-
Comm device: Sir this is <Corrupted>. We have an urgent matter we need to discuss with you as soon as possible about the <Corrupted>. Please get to a secure comm as soon as possible. Thank you.

Just as quickly as it had came,the confidence and almost childish behaviour of Alkerith vanished. The scars reappeared as his battle damaged form once again reigned.

Hiremas Alkerith: Alright, let's get out of here. I'll give those bastards a call once we're aboard the transporter. Can't get a moments peace...
Alkerian Pilot: Sir yes sir!

<FOOTAGE TERMINATED>
<SECURITY FOOTAGE PLAYBACK COMMENCING...>
<LOCATION= [CLASSIFIED] [EXPLORER 101] [QUARTERS]>

Hiremas Alkerith: *Into audiolog* This is Hiremas Alkerith. I'm aboard the Explorer 101, one of the first interstellar ship in our universe. We decided to use this ship since it's officially registered as retired. We are travelling to a planet hidden deep within the Magikallenic galaxy, in hope of claiming a planet for ourselves without the rest of the fifth alliance knowing. For too long they have sponged off of us, taking everything we've had. This will give us a chance for a new start. Our ship is unarmed, but we aren't expecting trouble. The rest of the world don't know about this planet, it's perfect. I will give you updates when we land. Hiremas Alkerith out.

Comm device: Making jump to Magikallenic galaxy now sir. Permission to proceed?
Hiremas Alkerith: Permission granted. There's a bottle of champagne on the bridge, open it up and have a party.

<FOOTAGE TERMINATED>
<SECURITY FOOTAGE PLAYBACK COMMENCING..>
<LOCATION= [CLASSIFIED] [EXPLORER 101] [QUARTERS]
Alkerian Officer: Sir! We have Praetorian vessels on the port bow! They seem to think we're saboteurs, we've tried telling them we're unarmed but they aren't accepting transmissions.
Hiremas Alkerith: Send out a distress signal, and start plotting coordinates for a jump. We need to get out of here as-

Hiremas Alkerith: Argh!
Alkerian Officer: Argh!
Miles Ripley: Argh! Oh wait, I'm not in this story...

<FOOTAGE TERMINATED>
<SECURITY FOOTAGE PLAYBACK COMMENCING..>
<LOCATION= [UNKOWN] [UNKOWN] [UNKOWN]>
<DAMAGE CHECK COMMENCING...>
<AUDIO= :tup>
<VISUALS= :tdn>
<ADRESSING ERROR..>
<VISUALS= :tup>
<SHIP DAMAGE= DESTROYED>
<CAMERA DAMAGE= MINOR>
<SENDING DISTRESS BEACON...>
<OPERATION FAILED{REASON: This camera has just survived a fucking spaceship crash onto a planet, and you expect it's radio to work perfectly? Oh, so you just thought you could switch it on and have it do whatever you want? Well this is live mate, and life doesn't play by the rules. Neither does death, death REALLY doesn't play by the rules. Signed Miles Ripley.}>
Hiremas Alkerith: *Groan*

Hiremas Alkerith: Ugh, where am I? Mother of dice...

Hiremas Alkerith: Doesn't look like our run in with the Praetorians went too well...

Hiremas Alkerith: Wait a second, someone's coming...

Alkerian Pilot: Oh thank the Omnipotent I've found you sir! The debris seemed to come down in patches but it was still extremely hard to find you...
Hiremas Alkerith: Glad to see you've survived. Anyone else still around?

The pilot stepped down off of the makeshift hoverbike and saluted.
Alkerian Pilot: Yes sir, a group of us managed to find each other, including your friends sir, they built this bike-
Hiremas Alkerith: Shelly survived? Thank the omnipotent. I don't know what we would have done without him...

Hiremas Alkerith:So, what's our next move? Do you know if those bastards have followed us down here yet?

Alkerian Pilot: We'll be able to give you more details at the camp sir. For now it might be safest if we get back there as quickly as possible.

Hiremas Alkerith: You have a point. I guess I'll have to trust you. Tell me, does this thing have a back seat?
Alkerian Pilot:Err.. not exactly sir, no...

Hiremas Alkerith: Shelly! Agent! Diver whatshisname! So they didn't get you...

"Shelly" Glad to see you're still around too mate, I guess being immortal has it's bonuses, right?

"Shelly" By the way, we were able to salvage some stable antimatter canisters from the wreckage. We've checked them for leaks, and they seem to be alright.

Hiremas Alkerith: Excellent! At least we have something to get back with.... that's if we get back at all.

Agent: We need to move away from here. It's possible that if the Praetorians tried tracking us, they'd be able to trace us here. Staying in one place could be dangerous.

*Gunshot*
Diver Whatshisname: Shit! They're onto us! We need to move!
Hiremas Alkerith: Right. Shelly, load those antimatter canisters onto the hoverbike. Agent and I will try and hold them off for as long as possible.

Agent: Let's do this...

Praetorian scout: Target's sighted, moving in to engage now.
Agent: Wait, there are only two of them, and they should be so much weaker than us! Can't we just kill them?
Hiremas Alkerith: No because this is one of those stories where we have to escape from pursuing enemies trying to kill us at every turn. Don't blame me, blame the author!

Agent: Right.

Alkerian Pilot:  The Antimatter's almost loaded on. Just give us a few more minutes!

Shelly: There! Let's get out of here!

The hoverbike's engine roared into life as Alkerith and Agent desperately fought off the Praetorians

Hiremas Alkerith: What now?
Diver Whatshisname: RUN FOR IT!!!

<FOOTAGE TERMINATED>
<NETWORK LOST>
<RECONNECTING...>
<CAMERA SIGNAL TERMINATED>

TO BE CONTINUED....

Breaking out of kanon briefly (As I always do) These photos were taken while I was in France. It was so hot out there I was worried the plastic would melt if I left the minifigures out for too long, but luckily nothing bad happened. Hope you enjoy, I will post part two asap if you want to see it.
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Re: It will be fun they said PART ONE

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.
Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:18 pm

I can't speak for anyone else, but when I see a soap that starts with some minifigs talking, and in the next picture they are still talking, I start scrolling down until I see blood or explosions. If the blood/explosions are promising, I scroll up again and read more carefully.

Why not show us this ship exploding?

Arkbrik
My Little Pony

Postby Duerer » Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:04 pm

Arkbrik wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but when I see a soap that starts with some minifigs talking, and in the next picture they are still talking, I start scrolling down until I see blood or explosions. If the blood/explosions are promising, I scroll up again and read more carefully.

A problem I'm still kinda struggling with. Sometimes I question whether a soap of mine has enough action or worthwhile dialogue and thus I've been trying to avoid boring locations like briefing rooms or offices.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Postby Zupponn » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:39 pm

Duerer wrote:
Arkbrik wrote:I can't speak for anyone else, but when I see a soap that starts with some minifigs talking, and in the next picture they are still talking, I start scrolling down until I see blood or explosions. If the blood/explosions are promising, I scroll up again and read more carefully.

A problem I'm still kinda struggling with. Sometimes I question whether a soap of mine has enough action or worthwhile dialogue and thus I've been trying to avoid boring locations like briefing rooms or offices.

I like to have silly stuff going on in the background to keep my audience amused.
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Hiremas Alkerith » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:42 am

Why not show us this ship exploding?

You have a point. In all future soaps there shall be explosions in almost every picture...
:studgod:

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Postby Omega Prime » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:05 pm

the fourth wall no longer exists, thanks to you, Alkerith! Nice, but needs more explosions.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby BriksKrieg » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Although im used to reading things with little action (sizable portions of history), i quite enjoy the dialogue. The explosions made it even better! can't wait for part 2 :studgod:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand
BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board