Occupational Hazard [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Thesson, Magic Soap

Occupational Hazard [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

Postby dilanski » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:58 pm

Extra Galactic Task Force "Revenant" - Command Squadron “Echelon”

It has been one month since Master Anatolia Argheart’s armada made it to the shore of the Magikallenic Cloud. Quickly the force took out Space Piltogg infrastructure and communications, using their fleets superiority to maximum effect. Shipyards were destroyed, factory worlds razed. However the armada would need sustenance, and so the lightly populated world of Freigebig IV was chosen. It would be occupied, and put to work producing food and extra munitions, alleviating the strain on the fleets logistics.

The Space Nazis citizens have so far been unreceptive to their new masters. While the planet's defences did not put up a fight, the civilians have formed a resistance and raged guerilla warfare in the streets.

Marine - “Sir, do we have to watch along with the civilians?”

Idris Pilate - “Not got the stomach? Ever since we started burning the bodies in the open, it’s sent a message to the resistance. Do you want to be the one sending the message that we don’t have the nerve for an occupation”

Marine - “No Sir”

Idris Pilate - “Good. Now release these two, they’ve seen enough. They’ll spread the message, anyone who is suspected of aiding the resistance burns”

Marine - “I’m sure they’ve got the… SNIPER GET DOWN

Idris Pilate - “THOUGHT I WAS LOW TEK DID YOU? I’m not getting assassinated that easily. EVERYONE STAY DOWN, GOLD COMMAND, TAKE THAT BRIDGE OUT!

Gold Command - “Negative Sir. That bridge is needed intact.”

Idris Pilate - “THIS FUCKER HAS PLANTED EXPLOSIVES, AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT A BRIDGE?! FINE GIVE ME OPTIONS

Gold Command - “Won’t be necessary Sir. One of our Templar drones has picked up the fight.”

Drone TMC-X251 - “ENEMY COMBATANT STAND DOWN AND RELINQUISH YOUR WEAPON, COMPLIANCE MAY RESULT IN LENIENCY

Gold Command - “It’s in optimal position to deal with the problem. The sniper is standing down, shall we bring him in for questioning?”

Idris Pilate - “No. Resistance is too organised to let someone with any useful intel operate so close to us. Have the drone deal with him”

Drone TMC-X251 - “LENIENCY HAS NOT BEEN GRANTED, YOUR DEATH WILL ENSUE

Gold Command - “It’s done Enforcer Pilate”

Idris Pilate - “Tell your patrols they are doing a shitty job of keeping us covered. This is the seventh incident this week. Prepare to relay a message to the Command Squadron. I would like to suggest to Master Argheart we decimate them. By eradicating one tenth of the planets cities from orbit. That will break their spirits”

Gold Command - “By your command”

Idris Pilate - “My Master. I must apologise. We are failing to keep the populace in line. Every day we are accosted by the resistance, mere moments ago we lost two good men in an attack.”

Anatolia Argheart - “There is no need to apologise Idris. You are my most trusted enforcer for a reason, if you are not capable of the task, no one else is. So what is it you wish to discuss?”

Idris Pilate - “Our tactics are working, but not well enough. We need to establish our dominance over the planet, make the resistance realise they are powerless against us. I would like your authorisation to commence orbital bombardment of major populations, we should decimate them as a sign of our power.”

Anatolia Argheart - “Decimate? To reduce by one tenth. Hmmph. Pilate, you are good at what you do, but you fail to see the other options. We are a common enemy for the resistance, we need to turn them against each other”

Idris Pilate - “Your orders my master?”

Anatolia Argheart - “Alert the planets governors that a mandatory referendum will be held in every major settlement, on the ballot will be an ass of every other major settlement. The five settlements with the least votes will be vapourised. The resistance will spend the time leading up to this vote infighting over who to sacrifice.”

Idris Pilate - “It will be arranged. Before I go, what news from the other fronts?”

Anatolia Argheart - “The RARCom and MoI joint task force are continuing the search for the ghost ship, but still no signs of that signal. The carrier group is wreaking havoc on Space Nazis supply lines and the strike group have been skirmishing with the Alkerians, almost caught up with Alkerith, but he is either lucky or indestructible”

Idris Pilate - “Will that be our next objective after securing a foothold in the Magikallenic?”

Anatolia Argheart - “Yes, the Space Nazis have been a pushover, I expect them to beg for a ceasefire to get their manufacturing back up and running. Once that is done, we can begin our assault on the Alkerians, let them get a real taste of our warmachine.”

Spoiler: show
Time has been a little strained, so unfortunately I never got my planned battle in. This is the battlefield recycled with a similar setup to what the battle was supposed to have. Really this is just establishing a presence in the Magikallenic. There was plans for a much more long winded entry, but reading a comment on another soap made me realise, you are all just here for the blood and explosions.

This is an ass of all ships currently in the Magikallenic cloud for reference. Should be good for anyone trying to figure out what ships they can and can't blow up.
Last edited by dilanski on Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Re: Occupational Hazard [A Magikallenic Mystery Tour]

Postby Tzan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:18 pm

People are locked out of your Google doc unless they ask for permission.
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:12 pm

Hey dilanski's, how much have the shop models changed since one or two years ago? I have your ldd dump from like 2016 or something like that, but so the models need updating?
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby dilanski » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:06 pm

Omega Prime wrote:Hey dilanski's, how much have the shop models changed since one or two years ago? I have your ldd dump from like 2016 or something like that, but so the models need updating?

That dump should still be mostly up to date. Only new ships are the Phobos, which is the yellow ship seen in the top image, and the Archon, images of which I need to reupload thanks to photofuckit.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Postby Omega Prime » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:38 pm

Ok, cool.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board