BW 2018 Feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby Maraxous » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:01 pm

The skirmisher was harassment in the text and disengagement on the card. Does the sniper have a limit on weapon type or size? Like can she wear goggles and throw chakram across the field like Xena, or snipe with a ballista/cannon?
User avatar
Maraxous
Officer
 
Posts: 119
Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:28 pm

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby ninja_bait » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:12 pm

The Commander has the same italicized specialty text as the Leader.  Also, a couple chapters show up as "BRIKWARS 2010" in the webpage title.
User avatar
ninja_bait
Officer
 
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby stubby » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:33 pm

Maraxous wrote:The skirmisher was harassment in the text and disengagement on the card.

ninja_bait wrote:The Commander has the same italicized specialty text as the Leader.  Also, a couple chapters show up as "BRIKWARS 2010" in the webpage title.

Thanks for catching these - now fixed.


Maraxous wrote:Does the sniper have a limit on weapon type or size? Like can she wear goggles and throw chakram across the field like Xena, or snipe with a ballista/cannon?

The sniper must use a minifig Long-Ranged Weapon with a scope on it, specifically. A chakram is a Thrown Weapon.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Mar 10, 2018 3:21 am

back to using high powered chakram launchers it seems
Image Image
User avatar
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby stubby » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:34 pm

Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby Colette » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:07 pm

Congratulations Stubby!

I guess we can't really make fun of you for your laziness anymore (except for Rainbow War, or the trading card game, or the Grail Quest, or...)
ImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
User avatar
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet
 
Posts: 2321
Joined: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:04 pm
Location: This Forum

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:38 pm

replace vehicle health with making up reasons for a catastrophic explosion every time a shot goes through the armour
Image Image
User avatar
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.
 
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:46 am

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby stubby » Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Colette wrote:Congratulations Stubby!

I guess we can't really make fun of you for your laziness anymore (except for Rainbow War, or the trading card game, or the Grail Quest, or...)

My next project is finishing BW2010, so there's still that.

Then I'm coming back to 2018 and taking out all the stealth rules, and making a new chapter for consolidating all the reference tables, and moving all the CP and U" budgeting stuff over there.

And then I'm bringing back custom ammo.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby stubby » Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:12 am

stubby wrote:Then I'm coming back to 2018 and taking out all the stealth rules, and making a new chapter for consolidating all the reference tables, and moving all the CP and U" budgeting stuff over there.

And then I'm bringing back custom ammo.

All right, I just did all this stuff minus the reference tables. There's a bunch of minor changes and refinements throughout; the only chapter that didn't get an update was chapter 4 somehow. Some interesting new twists to Explosives thanks to ninja_bait.

Much to Whiteeagle's dismay, I'm sure, CP has been eliminated entirely. RIP CP

Budgeting and Endgames have all been moved to a closing chapter titled Budgeting and Endgames: http://brikwars.com/rules/draft/end.htm
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 4923
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Previous

Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests