BW 2018 Feedback

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: BW 2018 Feedback

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:50 pm

stubby wrote:Commanders got changed a little bit to fit into the new Campaign rules, and to force their team to work for their Strategy bricks.

Reasonable changes, though I suspect that once we try it we will find that the commander himself still needs incentive to do something in battle besides hiding.  That's why with Fried Tomatoes the commander must remain in the thick of the battle and receives an additional bonus for getting kills himself.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby stubby » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:28 pm

Originally, the hiding was a balancing factor - you got this guy who could increase your forces unfairly, but he couldn't participate in the fight, so you were one man down until he called in that unfair advantage. Meanwhile he's hiding out in the back line, making himself a more and more valuable target each turn he piles on another strategy brick.

So it'd be nice to force him into positions of danger - maybe he has to be in range and "see" the enemy casualties in order to get strategy from their deaths - but I want to preserve that disadvantage of having one fewer minifig actively fighting.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:36 pm

Interesting.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:33 pm

Continuing to fill things in; some 30 or 40 new or updated photos and illustrations, still slowly filling in the Campaigns rules.

Look for big updates in Chapter 10: Creatures today, where a couple things got rearranged in the Minds section (Mob Rule is now at the bottom of 10.1: Minds in preparation for rearranging some later chapters). 10.3: Animals got expanded to cover animals in more depth, and 10.4: Monsters has been added back in with simpler versions of some favorite monsters from earlier editions.
stubby

Postby ReconMiner » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:30 pm

Looks sweet! Great to see the pic from the Battle for the Glory of Satan.
One question I have, where in the rules does it talk about a Ram attack? I saw it mentioned for BlokBots but can't find it anywhere else.
Gladius Industries
"Sometimes, bigger is better"
ReconMiner
Hero

Postby stubby » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:33 pm

It's one of the Natural Attacks at the bottom of 10.3.
stubby

Postby Vason » Fri Oct 05, 2018 7:57 pm

stubby wrote:Originally, the hiding was a balancing factor - you got this guy who could increase your forces unfairly, but he couldn't participate in the fight, so you were one man down until he called in that unfair advantage. Meanwhile he's hiding out in the back line, making himself a more and more valuable target each turn he piles on another strategy brick.

So it'd be nice to force him into positions of danger - maybe he has to be in range and "see" the enemy casualties in order to get strategy from their deaths - but I want to preserve that disadvantage of having one fewer minifig actively fighting.

Perhaps he needs to have Binocs/telescope/etc in one hand, and a Radio/comms/etc in the other?
Vason
Hero

Previous

Return to The Rulebook