Cringy dumb tastes in Japanimation that no one should read

Weaboo うんこ is over. Now it's all magical girls all the time

Moderators: Natalya, Insert_blank, Colette, Silverdream

Cringy dumb tastes in Japanimation that no one should read

Postby Arkbrik » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:50 pm

I'm actually in the process of watching Evangelion with some friends.

Its this kid who has to ride a mech and fight giant monsters that are from space or maybe the bible? And there are two girls who arent interested in him but fight over him anyways. Then theres his dad who always pisses off the scary military dudes who sometimes are rocks, but they always let him off the hook like "ehhh hes a cool guy who gets the space bible monsters killed". Then theres a hot guy and two hot chicks who keep going out to dinner and pointing guns at each other, they bone sometimes. I havent seen the end yet but I think the military dudes are trying to create a new humanity, but as big scary mech monsters? And they have jesus locked up in the basement. Oh and theres a lot of great music, you should watch it.
Arkbrik
My Little Pony

Re: NGE is just Ultraman for edgelords

Postby ninja_bait » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:02 pm

I know most of the rough details.  I've never been able to get into stuff like NGE, Sidonia, Gundam, or Robotech.  I always put them down halfway through the first episode.  I think I just didn't get a giant robots gene or something.

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers has been my main jam for the last couple years.  The recent series has a few NGE e.aster eggs in it.  Maybe I should just force myself to get past the first episode of Evangelion so I can get all the jokes...
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
ninja_bait
Cannon Fodder

Postby Maraxous » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Its this kid who has to ride a mech and fight giant monsters that are from space or maybe the bible? And there are two girls who arent interested in him but fight over him anyways. Then theres his dad who always pisses off the scary military dudes who sometimes are rocks, but they always let him off the hook like "ehhh hes a cool guy who gets the space bible monsters killed". Then theres a hot guy and two hot chicks who keep going out to dinner and pointing guns at each other, they bone sometimes. I havent seen the end yet but I think the military dudes are trying to create a new humanity, but as big scary mech monsters? And they have jesus locked up in the basement. Oh and theres a lot of great music, you should watch it.
:tiger:
Greatest explanation ever
Maraxous
Officer

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:45 pm

First of all, It's Macross, not Robotech, and no gundam? I'm disappointed.
Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:40 am

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:First of all, It's Macross, not Robotech, and no gundam? I'm disappointed.

That's okay, just not my thing.  And Robotech is the version I was introduced to, I know it's contentious but oh well.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
ninja_bait
Cannon Fodder

Re: Cringy dumb tastes in Japanimation that no one should re

Postby Silverdream » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:26 pm

Gundam sucks.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 am

First of all, Fuck you, second of all, most of the series do suck. the original is meh, Seed is shite, but seed destiny is okay. Wing is okay/good. Definitely a product of the 90s. I like 00. except for the movie. 8th MS team is pretty good, Unicorn (Either of them) is ok/good, Origin is good so far, and all of the ones I didn't name are shite.
Steel_Valkyrie

Postby Omega Prime » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:03 am

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:First of all, Fuck you, second of all, most of the series do suck. the original is meh, Seed is shite, but seed destiny is okay. Wing is okay/good. Definitely a product of the 90s. I like 00. except for the movie. 8th MS team is pretty good, Unicorn (Either of them) is ok/good, Origin is good so far, and all of the ones I didn't name are shite.
Iron Blooded Orphans was ok as well. The book origin is great, though I haven't seen the OVA version yet.
gotta love knitting needles. i can make you a scarf. i can make a hat. i can stab your eyes out. i can make mittens.

What was that middle part again?

i can make a hat
Omega Prime
Cannon Fodder

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:04 am

How could I forget IBO? Yeah, it was pretty good, just, IMO, not up to the level that most of the others were, the characters were kinda shallow. TO is taking forever to come out, but seems pretty good so far.
Steel_Valkyrie

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:08 am

SAO is still unironically my favorite anime.

(also if you thought NGE made no sense try watching pop team epic)
Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Return to Magical Girls