Arhus Crisis: The Treaty of Spartak

The Magic SOB forum is for posts of story sequences that are frequently vignette-based. Put those here while actual battle reports can go in Reports From the Field.
You must talk like James T. Kirk in this forum at all times. Leonard Nimoy is fine too.

Moderators: Zahru II, Magic Soap, Thesson

Arhus Crisis: The Treaty of Spartak

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:10 am

R.2017, Spartak System, Volhinyan Polity, day 12 of the Arhus Crisis

Image20180331_023709 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

*Representatives of the warring factions of the Arhus Crisis have met on neutral ground in Volhinyan Space aboard a small space station to discuss terms to end the conflict peacefully*

Image20180331_023822 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
AN ambassador: Right so this isn't the AN but we've been asked to hold the proceedings at the request of multiple parties..   Let us  commence AN emergency resolution 425,  otherwise known as the Spartak agreement.

Image20180331_023955 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

AN: Recent intelligence has been uncovered by a joint Galacian-Polish investigation that has suggested the catalyst to this entire incident was the cause of a group of rogue scientists based in the Outer Haven System.  

Image20180331_024021 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

AN: The rogue scientists actions led the Magikstrate lord Remus to come searching for dangerous anomalies,  the IM has claimed they only do this for the betterment of the galaxy and do not wish to interfere with other nations.. but something went wrong on this mission, and they were accidentally caught in the middle of the local conflict..

Image20180331_024059 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
IM Diplomat 1: So this was your fault all along!
Shulga: *Laughs* How do you figure that?
IM1:  Your mad scientists messing with the laws of nature!
Shulga: He's not my man, If you read the damned report you'd note that the bunker was set up when my country was being torn apart by your kind over ten years ago!.
Voronin; .. He means that this X8 Project was set up by the Elkossian Empire, and it was a secret lab, We didn't even know about it, and nothing they did was sanctioned by us.
Shulga: So we didn't start shit... YOU did however..

Image20180331_024215 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga and Lord Henry stand up arguing*
Henry: are you serious?
Shulga: ARMED troops on one of MY planets? What you did was a violation of Galacian territory, that was an act of war plain and simple. If you wanted to search for magik trinkets you had every opportunity to ask us to do it but no.
Henry: Ask who?  Certainly not you,  as of two weeks ago you were just an Army General under President Lahey,  the same President you betrayed, and indirectley caused the death of! and don't forget that YOU launched an attack on Arhus and escalated the conflict tenfold. You're a mad dog.  a stain to your people's legacy, and a villian to this galaxy Shulga.

Image20180331_024225 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga: *Laughing loudly* Ahahaha.  Some fight in this one,  If more of your people were like you, we might not have rolled over them so easily, unlike the Garrisons we  pounded into dust over the last week.
Austrian Diplomat Ada: You're a meglomaniac!
Shulga: Why is she even here?  you gassed your own allies, *Laughs again*

Image20180331_024336 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The entire meeting erupts into arguing and fist gesturing.. Things get particularly heated when Voronin starts pointing his pimp cane at one of the IM diplomats*

Image20180331_024416 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
AN: Hey! Security! Remove this man from the proceedings before he hits someone with that thing!

Image20180331_024525 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Voronin: Cyka..

Image20180331_024545 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga, extremley aggitated, slams his fists on the desk and stares right at Henry*
Shulga: Well I guess that concludes talks! I hope you're ready for the battle of all time, The Blood God is smiling right now.  We'll see you all in hell!

Image20180331_024632 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The Galacian delegation goes to leave*

Image20180331_024712 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Lahey stops Shulga, grabbing him and yelling at him*
Randy: What the hell are you doing! you'll throw all our lives away just to fuel your own ego! you'll never.. we'll never get a chance like this again!

Image20180331_024833 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga Overpowers him and blasts him with a psi-push, throwing him against the wall*
Shulga: YOU DARE?!...

Image20180331_024908 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*His Bogatyr Guards abandon Remus, and rush over to grab Randy*
Randy: Dare what?  you're self proclaimed Royalty, maybe you are related to the old dynasties, to the 13, maybe you're not?  I don't give a shit about that.  You caused the death of my father, and I'll never forgive you for that.. But the billions of Galacian citizens who now call you their leader, they're counting on you to bring them greatness and glory,  except your ideas of that are a self destructive war! You hate the Tharcans,  you don't trust them. I get it.    But are you going to throw away the lives of your countrymen you pledged to serve by throwing them into a war that will never end? you may be right, and the Tharcans can't be trusted, nor can their allies in the long run.  But you're so obsessed with making your mark on history that you'd have the Galacians stand alone against the M-Throne ... Shulga I've served alongside you in the military for years, and I'm still astonished with what you were able to do for our country's military.. but the only reason we didn't get crushed on Arhus is because we had the initiative! Pound for pound we can't fight them alone!  And we may not have to fight them at all! Don't do this!

Image20180331_024921 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Casimir: Shulga! He's right you won't get this chance again! Whatever the differences, this you get an unconditional peace!  Had it been any other way you'd be on the losing end of negotiations!  Much of the galaxy sees you as a villian, for both your Coup and the strike on Arhus, and constant escalation of the conflict.. If you would reconsider, you'd walk away with a victory for both of us, and you get to save face! please!

Image20180331_025152 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga: Fine. have at it,  Status Quo Ante Bellum... hip hip hooray..

Image20180331_025205 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
AN: Thank god....  Ahem,  Ok, as discussed in  the report,  Casimir and Lahey have suggested a prisoner exchange.  The X8 personnel will return to the Imperiya for imprisonment,  and Remus and his team will be set free.   This treaty is concluded!

Image20180331_025423 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20180331_025507 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr

Image20180331_025525 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga walks over,  extends his arm,  but when no one offers to shake his hand,  he backs away and starts speaking in a hateful tone*
Shulga: Oh, no one want's to shake my hand. afraid the big bad mad dog will bite?  haaaaa. f*** you

Image20180331_025600 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*He throws a table and walks away*

Image20180331_025745 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Some of the other attendees shake hands,in spite of Shulga's Drama*

Image20180331_025818 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Randy walks over to shake Casimir's hand*
Randy: Thank you for your help,  we couldn't have done this without you
Casimir: All the same, thank you for having the gumption to find the truth... and good luck dealing with -that- *he motions in Shulga's direction.
Randy: In due time.. goodbye Casimir.

*At the airlock corridor*
Image20180331_030346 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*The Galacian delegation is leaving, with their prisoner*

Image20180331_030424 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga Stops Randy before they get onboard*
Shulga: I'd have some words with you, Randall.  I know this is hard for you, I took you under my wing when you joined the Army, To give your father peice of mind.  I know you think that I killed him,  the sad reality is that he killed himself.  Before we knew about the information you uncovered, all we knew was we had been attacked,  and he didn't do anything about it, he drank himself into a coma in his bedroom and I had to take charge. Your father was my friend.

Image20180331_030429 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Randy: Oh, so then I'm just supposed to forget that you declared yourself king shit of turd mountain, Emperor?  It was a bloodless coup but still a fucking coup and you know it.

Image20180331_030424 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
Shulga: You've got a lot of guts, Randy, you're determined and hard nosed. And our differences aside I find you to be an exemplary commander. I mean that...

Image20180331_030810 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Suddenley, Shulga pulls a knife from his boot and stabs Randy in the chest. Randy is completely taken by surprise and is so shocked he can do nothing but cry*
Shulga: Did you think I didn't know what you and your sister were up to? You traitorous piece of shit. Even before your father died, I ran this country. I see everything, I hear everything.

Image20180331_030838 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Shulga pulls it out of him and leaves him to collapse, bleeding on the floor,  and leaves*

Image20180331_030938 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Volhinyan guards notice the body a few minutes later*
Last edited by Kastrenzo on Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
Faction Index
Last week I put liquid paper on a bee. And it died
Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: Arhus Crisis: The Treaty of Spartak

Postby Colette » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:31 am

Probably one of the more accurate depictions of a diplomatic meeting in the BrikVerse.
ImageImageImage
Because everything's better with math.
Colette
Catastrophe Magnet

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:52 am

But wait. theres more

Kolorad System, Zagoria,  Later that same day

Image20180331_043325 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Against her brother's wishes, Sarah flees Galacia and makes it into the southern systems controlled by the foreign government of the Zagorian Systems Republik, the last safe haven for Galacian Republikan loyalists like herself.. Without a plan or even her pet dog,  she sits around in a Kolorad Starport,  Trying to figure out where she will go*

Image20180331_043420 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Two heavily armed men, clad in crimson armor walk into the room. They are clearly from Cherhovna Bryhada, the Ultranationalist Terrorist group, with ties to the Imperiya, some would say*
Bryhada Sergeant: Well well look who we have here, the princess bitch heself. Shulga will pay our weight in gold for this one...

Image20180331_043739 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*Sarah is taken out of the starport and onto the tarmac towards the Bryhada vehicles.. sensing she is about to meet her maker, and the last of her family she is detatched and emotionless.. . suddenly, gunshots*

Image20180331_044004 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*She falls over, thinking she's been shot... but she doesn't feel anything?   She turns over to see the Red clad Bryhada dead on the ground. and several members of the Zagorian ZEAL special forces, had come to her rescue*

Image20180331_044052 by Dic Jacobus, on Flickr
*One of them approaches her, undoes her shackles,  and offers a hand to help her up.
Sergeant Pavel: Ahh Miss Lahey!.. Welcome to Zagoria.. or should I say, Welcome home!..
Faction Index
Kastrenzo

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:52 am

srsly spread them out or I lose attention span
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Kastrenzo » Sat Mar 31, 2018 2:54 am

AnnoyedZebra wrote:srsly spread them out or I lose attention span

edited it a bit. is that better cupcake
Faction Index
Kastrenzo

Postby AnnoyedZebra » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:07 am

no it means I don't have the energy to read like 12 soaps at once
Image Image
AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Postby Archduke » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:54 am

Well this is getting really interesting.
A smile Worth Protecting!
Archduke
Cannon Fodder

Return to Magic Soap Opera Board