Battle for the Glory of Satan! [TURN 0, LATE SIGNUP OPEN]

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer

Battle for the Glory of Satan! [TURN 0, LATE SIGNUP OPEN]

Postby Flamer Shaftglutton » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:14 am

Welcome to Hell! Unfortunately for you, Hell is not a nice place to be.

There's a river of boiling blood.

Pits of snakes.

Cerberus, a three-headed dog that eats the gluttonous.

Demons to amplify your already unbearable suffering.

Giant stone faces representative of your sin.

Satan himself munching on the greatest traitors of all history.

Unbaptised babies!

An absolutely okay Skeleton band that never improves.

And worst of all, you! You are all part of a fresh batch of sinners. Normally you would be sorted into your ring by now, but Satan has decided to have a little fun.

You have awakened in Limbo, the first and mildest ring of Hell. You are outfitted with your weapon of choice and a command from Satan: Kill your fellow sinners and collect their skulls, then meet him at the top for your reward.

You cannot truly die in Hell, but Satan has placed limits on this game. Should you be killed you will respawn on a random ring (2D4). You can respawn twice before you are out of the game and permanently assigned to your ring of torment. Every skull you collect from your peers is worth a Benny that can be used for anything: extra armor, extra movement, extra skill, extra damage.

However, Satan is prepared to offer you a special gift in exchange for Bennies, should you reach him on his perch: eternal life as a demon. Be the tormentor instead of the tormented! A single Benny will transform you into a lesser demon like those you see on the rings (1D8 skill and 2D6 armor). Give him two or more Bennies and your size,strength, and hideousness will grow in kind.

Sign up begins now! You get a single fig with 2 respawns. If you see somebody in Limbo (the baseplate) that you want as your character then let me know. If you'd like a different weapon, let me know. If you would like a fig with a specific look that isn't on the table, let me know (send a picture if you can) and I can almost certainly put it together. Lastly, please give the (ridiculous) sin that sent you down here. Examples: ate shrimp, didn’t close his eyes when someone was saying Grace one time, played D&D, let a dog drink holy water, once said “God darn it”, wore polyester clothes, trimmed off his sideburns, laughed at a Pearl Harbor joke, flipped off the Pope, twerked at a wedding, etc.

This is going to be an enormous battle with no limit to the number of players. Sign up ends Monday afternoon, although I'll allow late comers with reduced respawns to balance it out. Tuesday morning I'll post turn 0 and you can all send in your orders. Alternatively, if I'm busy Monday night then I may wait until Wednesday to get started.

The time between turns will depend on the number of players, but most likely it'll be 2 turns per week. If you don't get me orders in time then someone from one of my gaming groups will get to do your turn.

Extra Rules:
  • When you kill someone (another player or animated NPC) you get a skull. These skulls are retained until you spend them.
  • Skulls can be spent as Bennies to add to any stat on your turn. Extra movement, extra damage, extra range, extra skill.
  • Should you reach Ring 9 (the top of the tower) you can spend your accumulated skulls (you don't have to spend all of them) to be transformed into a demon with superior stats. More skulls = even bigger and better.
  • You start the game with 2 respawns. When killed you will start your next turn on a random ring (determined by rolling 2D4), but lose 1 respawn. When killed with 0 respawns left you are out of the game.
  • You keep any skulls you accumulated when you die; your killer gets a skull from the "bank" to represent your head.
  • Baby skulls count as 1/2 of a skull, demon skulls count as 2 skulls.
  • Fire does no extra damage (since basically everything's constantly on fire)
  • The walls between each ring are generally sloped in the wrong direction for climbing, and are too tall for a single turn of movement. It would take 8" of movement to climb up 1 Ring, 16" to climb 2 Rings. This may be possible with Bennies of extra movement.
  • No heroes in this game, but this is Brikwars so silly feats related to your character are good.

Unit stats:
  • You guys: 4 armor, 1D6 skill, 5" movement (no surprise, just regular minifigs).
  • "Innocent" bystanders: 2 armor, no skill or movement, will not retaliate.
  • Trees: 2 armor, those on Ring 7 have skulls, will not retaliate.
  • Babies: 1 armor, no skill or movement, vermin, will not retaliate, baby skulls count half.
  • Demons: 2D6 armor, 1D8 skill, will retaliate if attacked, demon skulls count double.
  • Cerberus (the three headed dog on ring 3): 4 hitpoints, 1D10 armor per hitpoint; 1D8 skill; Bite attack: Use 2, 1D8 damage, can be use 2 or 3 times if the heads can reach; will retaliate if attacked.
  • Satan: 66D6 armor, no skill or movement, 6D10 supernatural dice for retaliating when attacked.
  • Everything else (spiders, scorpions, snakes, skeletons that aren't playing music, giant stone faces, etc.): no special stats, no skulls, worthless.

Edit: Consolidated the rule clarifications from the thread replies.

Late signups are encouraged throughout the game. You'll start on ring 1 with the average number of respawns in the group (currently 2).
Last edited by Flamer Shaftglutton on Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:44 am, edited 4 times in total.
Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Re: Battle for the Glory of Satan!

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:18 am

I want to go to hell!

Any figure for me, please.  My sin: I think Spider-man is the best member of the Justice League.
I make spaceships and spaceship accessories.
ninja_bait
Cannon Fodder

Postby StalinsFavoriteKhat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:38 pm

ninja_bait wrote:I want to go to hell!

Any figure for me, please.  My sin: I think Spider-man is the best member of the Justice League.

SAME!!

Any fig you want to use works.

Mah sin: I sold pirated Half-Life mods out of my basement

EDIT: I will be gone for 2 weeks. So I actualy can't do this. Look forward to seeing when I'm back!
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.

sahasrahla wrote:we can always count on Tzan to offer engaging and intellectually stimulating observations on the topic at hand

Come chat and stuff --> http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=16603
My glorious faction and now others -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16599
Backstoryes,Chats,Stories,and other stuff -->http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=16712
StalinsFavoriteKhat
Cannon Fodder

Postby motorhead fan » Sat Jun 30, 2018 5:56 am

Hello!

I'd like to be something along the lines of this but with a spear please
Spoiler: show

My sin is: Didn't know what Smegma was while playing cards against humanity.
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:10 pm

This looks  :666:.

Can I have the dude with a mohawk and halberd?

His sin is he drank wine in church. No, really: Leviticus 10:9 “Do not drink wine nor strong drink, thou, nor thy sons with thee, when ye go into the tabernacle of the congregation, lest ye die.”  :sbr:
RedRover wrote:Everything's better without pants.

My Factions, Cameo Forces, and Other Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Bragallot » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:00 pm

This looks rad. I'm in for sure. Nice place you have there, I'm kinda envious of all that space. :lol: No special requests for the fig. My sin is that I made too many smurf accounts in video games. :(
Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
RedRover wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:I'd like to run up to Redrover and throw my spear at him, hopefully tearing his head clean off.

I would like to stop that from happening
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby ReconMiner » Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:45 pm

Let's go to Hell "DOOM music starts playing"
For a character, I was thinking undead space person (think the Fury from MGS3 mixed with the DoomGuy)

My crime was the playing of DND, on Sunday, during mass, with a priest
Gladius Industries
"Sometimes, bigger is better"
ReconMiner
Hero

Postby Flamer Shaftglutton » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:18 pm

For motorhead fan:
Couldn't find the exact shirt, although I know I own one. Also the helmet has a sticker, but I could cover it with electric tape or something if need be.

For ReconMIner:

Both of you let me know if you want something changed on them.
Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Postby ReconMiner » Sun Jul 01, 2018 10:29 pm

That looks fucking awesome!  :studgod:
I think I just found my sigfig, I’ll have to make him myself sometime
(BTW, is that a flamethrower?)
Gladius Industries
ReconMiner
Hero

Postby motorhead fan » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:36 am

Wow! That is absolutely perfect, thank you!
motorhead fan
Can the gun aim upwards? Because on mine, it keeps flopping down and it's a bit annoying.

Re: Battle for the Glory of Satan! [SIGNUP UNTIL 7/5]

Postby Flamer Shaftglutton » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:38 pm

ReconMiner wrote:That looks fucking awesome!  :studgod:

That is a flame thrower, should you choose to accept it. I generally stat flamethrowers as Use:4, Range: 6", Damage: 2D4 fire. Fire isn't a big deal in Hell, though. Demons are immune to it and nobody takes extra fire damage from anything. Alternatively you can have it as a normal Long-Range weapon.

I was swamped yesterday, have D&D tonight, and tomorrow is a holiday for the US, so I'm moving the end of sign-ups to 7/5 (Thursday). I'll get turn 0 done that night and then everybody will owe me their first orders by Monday night (7/9). I still have plenty of minifigs ready to go, so spread the word. The more enemies you have the more skulls you can bring to Satan.
Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Postby ReconMiner » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Flamer Shaftglutton wrote:
ReconMiner wrote:That looks fucking awesome!  :studgod:

That is a flame thrower, should you choose to accept it. I generally stat flamethrowers as Use:4, Range: 6", Damage: 2D4 fire. Fire isn't a big deal in Hell, though. Demons are immune to it and nobody takes extra fire damage from anything. Alternatively you can have it as a normal Long-Range weapon.

I was swamped yesterday, have D&D tonight, and tomorrow is a holiday for the US, so I'm moving the end of sign-ups to 7/5 (Thursday). I'll get turn 0 done that night and then everybody will owe me their first orders by Monday night (7/9). I still have plenty of minifigs ready to go, so spread the word. The more enemies you have the more skulls you can bring to Satan.

In that case, I'll stick with long-range weapon. Kind of hard to burn everybody when the whole place is already on fire
Gladius Industries
ReconMiner
Hero

Postby Scribonius » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:26 pm

Huh, sure, I'm game!

If you have one, I'd like to be an orc (LOTR or other, doesn't matter). Give me a pair of hand weapons. Ideally, two warhammers, but sword/dagger or paired swords, or mace/sword or any combo works. Oh, and a fancy-looking hat. Got to have a hat. :twisted:
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby Flamer Shaftglutton » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:25 am

Everyone else looked pretty cool, so ninja_bait and Bragallot got some upgraded figs too. StalinsFavoriteKhat is playing whether he likes it or not.

The players so far:
Flamer Shaftglutton (or whoever's in my house): A Bananaman with a curved bananasword. Had a really weird banana fetish.
Bragallot: A grizzled old space miner with a space shovel. "I made too many smurf accounts in video games."

StalinsFavoriteKhat: A flat earther, which is some sort of bizarro-Scratch with shooty bits. "I sold pirated Half-Life mods out of my basement."
TheVengefulOne: A dude with a mohawk and a halberd. He drank wine in church.

motorhead fan: A Predator-esque killer with a spear. "Didn't know what Smegma was while playing cards against humanity."
ReconMiner: A formerly undead space guy of doom with a long range rifle. "The playing of DND, on Sunday, during mass, with a priest."

Scribonius: A dapper Orc with twin warhammers. <No sin yet, but I'll give you a default one if you don't have a special one in mind>
ninja_bait: An elite Executor with a golden scythe. "I think Spider-man is the best member of the Justice League."

I'll be posting turn 0 tonight, then you'll have until Monday to get me your orders.
Flamer Shaftglutton
Hero

Postby TheVengefulOne » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:03 pm

Dang, those are some nice figs. The last two in particular remind me of the awesome fig designs from BrickSyd's RPG.
RedRover wrote:Everything's better without pants.

My Factions, Cameo Forces, and Other Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Next

Return to Forum Battles