Falx updates [Full army posted]

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Falx updates [Full army posted]

Postby Craigallot » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:24 am

Militia, drafted from colonial populations, with an unnamed Hero and Summoner.

Death Seekers and Ravagers (the creatures).

Lancers. Can't decide between the Spanish helmet and the Shadow Warrior helmet, so I used both. I still have Shadow Knight helmets left over so it's an option. I kinda like it better but I also like using all of my Spanish helmets since it fits the 'flavour' of the Falx better. Feedback welcome.

Palace Guard. These guys had Shadow Knight helmets before but I thought for their function the more elaborate helmets fitted better. Still not 100 percent sure though.

Foresters. Who needs stealth when you can have a big plume on your helmet?

Gunmen. I removed nearly all gunpowder from the Falx at some point but it's earned my favour again.

Scorpion Legion Swordsmen. Scorpion Legion are all the troops who travel between Falx worlds either to conquer or to quell rebellions. This sets them apart from the more basic garrison troops.

I tinkered with the Falx mostly because I wasn't at all happy with how the Esti (the Red Dragon soldiers) turned out. The possessed and more barbarian looks didn't fit. Their weapons were just leftovers, too. Originally they were going to be a subfaction of Falx that would eventually rebel in the Crimson Crusade plotline, but they're not big enough to be their own faction and they have the same colour scheme as the rest of the Falx so I don't want them to fight each other (it gets confusing). Instead they now represent whatever colonial troops the Falx have pressed into service.

Flickr seems to be working well although I'm unsure about the capacity of it. Anyway it's good to be back and stay tuned for more.

Bragallot wrote:Ok, here we go:

The entire army, minus horses and war machines.

The leaders: 2 Generals, an Archon (highest authority of the Falx, 'tainted' by their Fel Magic which they see as a blessing), Governor Bragius, a Bodyguard (who poses as a harmless handmaiden) and a Summoner (these 'fully corrupted' Falx are in charge of summoning the portals that transport the Falx armies across worlds).

Republic Guard (yes I renamed them).

Foresters and updated Gunmen.

Pikemen.

Updated Death Seekers. They're like the Falx version of the Forlorn Hope.

Scorpion Legion, now armed with spears (looks better on them imo). Legionnaires got split into a spear and sword unit.

Lancers. The choice of morrions for the more elite troops prevailed.

There's plenty of infantry already so the Militia are now Light Lancers.

And a new unit. Buccaneers, yarr! Led by Pegleg the Brave. These guys were originally assassins, then an assassin / wizard combo, but now I reverted them back to the pistol and hand weapon infantry the Falx used to have when I first made them.

This army has gone through a couple of evolutions, from lots of variety and some gunpowder to less variety, and now back. Pretty much all of their stuff was built up from scratch. They didn't always go along the 'expected' or intended path (for example lancers were originally knights and going to have visored helmets and different armour) but I'm happy with how they turned out.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Falx updates

Postby Kommander Ken » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 am

Holy shit yes the Falx are back! Definitely an avid fan of the Spanish helms.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:22 pm

Great to have you back, your stuff is awesome. Flickr's free capacity is 1TB, so you should be good for quite some time.

I think the Death Seekers would look much better with the Shadow Helmets, the conehead helms just aren't intimidating enough for them.
IMHO the Palace Guard and Lancers should get the Spanish helmets, the Death Seekers should get the Shadow Helmets. Just my two cents though.

Any chance of an overwatch pic?
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:32 am

Ooh, that's good news.

I swapped out the shakos, visored helmet and the governors' hair after I took the pics so I don't have any leftovers anymore. :? (The results are nice though).

It could still work out though if I swapped the bullet helmets to the gunmen (they do look better on ranged units most of the time) and then I can basically choose between giving the Lancers or the Death Seekers SK helmets.

Both could work really, I like the SK helmets on the lancers 'cos it sets them apart from the palace guard more, but then again the more elite troops wearing the morrions and the grunts the SK helmets is also a nice theme. I'll see if I can get a full shot of the army sometime.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Full army

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:06 am

Ok, here we go:

The entire army, minus horses and war machines.

The leaders: 2 Generals, an Archon (highest authority of the Falx, 'tainted' by their Fel Magic which they see as a blessing), Governor Bragios, a Bodyguard (who poses as a harmless handmaiden) and a Summoner (these 'fully corrupted' Falx are in charge of summoning the portals that transport the Falx armies across worlds).

Republic Guard (yes I renamed them).

Foresters and updated Gunmen.

Pikemen.

Updated Death Seekers. They're like the Falx version of the Forlorn Hope.

Scorpion Legion, now armed with spears (looks better on them imo). Legionnaires got split into a spear and sword unit.

Lancers. The choice of morrions for the more elite troops prevailed.

There's plenty of infantry already so the Militia are now Light Lancers.

And a new unit. Buccaneers, yarr! Led by Pegleg the Brave. These guys were originally assassins, then an assassin / wizard combo, but now I reverted them back to the pistol and hand weapon infantry the Falx used to have when I first made them.

This army has gone through a couple of evolutions, from lots of variety and some gunpowder to less variety, and now back. Pretty much all of their stuff was built up from scratch. They didn't always go along the 'expected' or intended path (for example lancers were originally knights and going to have visored helmets and different armour) but I'm happy with how they turned out.

Craigallot

Re: Falx updates [Full army posted]

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:11 am

Oh yeah, there we go. Bullet helmets look best on the riflemen and the SK helmets really make the Death Seekers  :666:. Great job on all this stuff, I hadn't realized until the overwatch just how large the Falx had gotten.

Also, the head on the Falx governor . . . one of Von Brag's clones?
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Craigallot » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:59 am

Yeah, that's Governor Bragios. :) If you've read 'First Strike' you'll know the original governor (who you can still see in the first series of pics I put in this thread) was lazy and incompetent. I figured it'd be a good plot device for explaining how Queen Lara is able to fight the Falx with a smaller force but I went back on it because it doesn't fit the Falx image of a well organized empire and doesn't give Lara a proper opponent, so... he's probably been executed by now. I decided to give even the governor fig a helmet and weapons to make him look more like someone who commanded respect. I'd put the King Leo head on him first but it didn't look properly Falxy (you may notice, I've selected Falx heads mostly from black haired minifigs with mustaches) and when I saw I had 1 Baron Von Baron / Sam Sinister head left over the name 'Governor Bragios' popped into my head and I simply couldn't resist. :lol:

Craigallot

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:50 am

My Flax is better than yours Brag, can YOUR Flax be used to make textiles? I didn’t think so

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:19 am

No, but they can murder and enslave you (and then you can make the textiles)! :D

Craigallot

Postby Brikguy0410 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:27 am

Bragallot wrote:No, but they can murder and enslave you (and then you can make the textiles)! :D

you realize you now need to do a forum battle in a flax textile factory, right?
Brikguy0410

Postby Zupponn » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:22 pm

A bushel of flax weighs 56 lbs  :rtfm:
Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Postby Brikguy0410 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:10 pm

Zupponn wrote:A bushel of flax weighs 56 lbs  :rtfm:

you better watch your back buddy, facts are my turf.
Brikguy0410

Postby stubby » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:35 pm

These are flacts
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Postby Scribonius » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:52 pm

This thread is getting out of control. I think we should let the flax be flogged by the Falx and flailed into flagons.
Scribonius
Cannon Fodder

Postby Zupponn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:16 pm

Brikguy0410 wrote:
Zupponn wrote:A bushel of flax weighs 56 lbs  :rtfm:

you better watch your back buddy, facts are my turf.

Trust me on this one.  I work for a farming company.
Zupponn

Next

Return to The Armoury