The Arktifakt (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

The Arktifakt (Sign-up)

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:35 am

Owl Keep, northern shores of the Kingdom of Westeron...

The Kingdom is almost undone. Emperor Cales' banner flies proudly above most major cities and keeps. The hinterlands however, are still contested.

All of a sudden, a strange object comes careening down from the sky with such velocity it produces a screaming sound as it cuts through the air.

What it is or where it comes from no one on Westeron could know, but the strong glow it emits and its strange origin is sure to attract attention.

Ker-Plow! The impact sends a ripple across the area, shaking the foundations of Owl Keep.

The strange object survives the impact.

Imperial Commander: "That object landed on Imperial territory, it belongs to Emperor Cales by right! Let's go get it, men!"

Holy Cleric: "PRAISED be the Flame-AH! That Arktifakt is surely a sign-AH! Let's claim it for the Church of the Holy Flame my children and find our salvation-AH!"

Haircules and his girlfriend lead a daring peasant rebellion, or are they in it for their own gain? Who knows. Whatever their plans, surely the Arktifakt would help their cause!

To the North a party of Draklon Raiders arrives, led by a Matriarch. Though technically allied to Cales, they certainly see the benefit in securing this item and... bringing it to him... personally... of course it could get lost along the way... and the Imperial garrison forces could all be killed by enemies of the Empire while the Draklon raiders heroically secured the Arktifakt... now that would be a shame wouldn't it.

A party of Wolfpack Rangers emerges from the woods. With the King haven given up the Capital and Cales regarded as an illegitimate ruler by many, these guys have gone completely rogue and serve only their own interests. Like collecting that glowy object that's sure to fetch a nice price...

In a nearby cave a party of Bull fugitives is hiding out. The Bulls have been the main target of Cales' wrath. Scattered and leaderless, they have been forced into something unfamiliar to them: guerilla warfare. Gone are the days of the proud phalanx, but the resentful Bulls are showing grim resolve. This particular party of Bulls has embraced Valarius (featured in Enemy at the Gates and Fate Divides Us: Death Unites Us), who is back from the dead, as their leader. Though a controversial figure, their spirits are lifted by his presence and the Arktifakts he brought: the legendary armour and shield of Grand Marshal Marnix, which Valarius personally collected after the Battle at the Haunted Wilds.

Valarius: "I am not sure whether it was Xalen or the Bull God who released my soul, or why they did it, but they surely didn't intend for me to skulk around in caves! Let's go get that Arktifakt!"

Welcome to my new forum battle. These are the available factions:

Imperial Garrison (Falk): 1x Commander (Hero: Chivalrous Knight), 6x Imperial Swordsmen, 3x Starcapes
- Objective: Claim the Arktifakt for Cales! Secure it inside the keep.
- Bonus objective: don't lose your treasure (It's inside the keep)!

Cult of the Holy Flame (ninja_bait): 1x Priestess (Hero: Holy Warrior), 1x Cleric (Wizard with 2 SN Dice), 5 dual-wielding fanactics, 2 sabre-and-pistol fanatics, 1 musket-toting fanatic.
- Objective: Claim the Arktifakt for the Holy Flame-AH! (Put it in the wagon and drive it back the way you came).

Peasant Rebellion: (motorhead fan) 1x Haircules (Hero: Strongest Minifig In Westeron. His hands count as hand weapons. I tried putting weapons on him but it didn't look right), 1x Girlfriend (whip counts as a heavy weapon), 5x Angry Farmers with heavy weapons, 3x Crossbow-Farmers
- Objective: Claim the Arktifakt for the rebellion! Get it inside the windmill and hold it there for a full turn.

Draklon Raiders: (Kommander Ken) 1x Matriarch (Hero: Beastmaster / Expert Fighter), 3x Disciples, 6x Reavers
- Objective: Claim the Arktifakt and carry it out to the sea (your transport has been called and will arrive soon). 'Allied' Imperial casualties are an unfortunate fact of war that can surely be covered up.

Wolfpack (TheVengefulOne): 1x Gang Leader (Hero: Resourceful Rogue), 9x Wolfpack Rangers
- Objective: Claim the Arktifakt and carry it with you into the forest.

Bull Fugitives (me): 1x Valarius (Hero: Honourable Warrior), 1x Mad Shaman (Wizard with 2 SN Dice), 5x Shieldbearers, 3x Ambushers.
The Bulls can choose to pull the bridge to either side of the water to make their hideout easier or harder to access. This takes two minifigs' action or all their movement for the turn.
- Objective: secure the Arktifakt in your hideout!
- Bonus objective: don't lose Marnix's shield and armour!

- Bonus objective (all*): get the Imperial treasure and / or Marnix's shield and armour

* except the Peasants' Rebellion, they have no interest in Marnix's shield and armour

No weird modified stats this time, everything you see (apart from Haircules using his hands as weapons) is statted according to the rulebook!
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: The Arktifakt (Sign-up)

Postby Falk » Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:46 am

I'll take the Imperials.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:18 am

I'll take the Wolfpack.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Kommander Ken » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:05 am

Draklon raiders all the way!
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:55 pm

I remember when these used to fill up in minutes. :evil: I'll play the Bulls, now we just need someone to lead Haircules and his peasants!
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Kommander Ken » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:59 pm

It’s also a holiday for some of us today so don’t sweat it too hard :man:.
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting

Postby Craigallot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:47 am

Hey, I just needed an excuse to snatch away the best faction! :fist:

You guys can start sending orders. Turn order will be random (meaning I will roll for it) for the first turn. If no one shows up to claim the peasants we could just take turns controlling them.

Craigallot

Re: The Arktifakt (Sign-up) [NEED ONE MOAR]

Postby motorhead fan » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:11 am

I will take the peasants if they are available!
motorhead fan
I want to climb on to thevengefulone, stick my tongue into his ear and ride him all the way to satan.

Re: The Arktifakt (Sign-up) [NEED ONE MOAR]

Postby Craigallot » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am

Alright, you got it. :)

ORDAHS NAO. :fist:

Craigallot

Postby RedRover » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:24 pm

If you haven’t started yet and are willing, I’d take the bull fugitives!
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:39 pm

I've taken command of them myself, but who knows, maybe the Arktifakt will attract more factions... ;)

Craigallot

Postby RedRover » Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:42 pm

Bragallot wrote:I've taken command of them myself, but who knows, maybe the Arktifakt will attract more factions... ;)

Well put my name down if that happens!!
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Return to Forum Battles