Hero armor

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Hero armor

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:47 am

So standard Minifigs have the average armour of 4 rather than 1d6 to save time. Could you do the same for Heroes (giving them a flat 8 armour) or is this not recommended for reasons I may be missing?
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: Hero armor

Postby stubby » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:48 am

If there were more Heroes then I'd flatten their armor too. But Heroes are special and unique little fancy-pantses and so I gave them an extra die roll so that every attack on them carries that extra moment of tension. It would be fine to flatten to 8 if you had a particular preference for it.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Re: Hero armor

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:59 pm

I like the randomness rolling for it causes - a Hero could die to a thrown chicken or survive a strike from a huge weapon. When I'm resolving a forum battle though and there's more heroes on the field (due to an often high number of teams) and I'm the only one keeping track of everything it can be easier to work with flat values.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Return to The Rulebook