The Arktifakt (Round 3)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:37 pm

BULL FUGITIVES

Image

The Shaman summons a Bull Icon armed with a halberd.

Image

The Bulls then start crossing the bridge. Lacking targets, the Ambushers set up response fire.

Image

The Shaman remains behind.

Image

Valarius, disappointed to see the Draklon Raiders moving away from him, tries to goad them to come back and fight him (and to run back into the response fire, of course).

"Running away? Face me! Or do you cowards only fight fishermen and crofters?!"

Image

"Ignore him men. His time will come."

The feat fails utterly as the Matriarch manages to keep her men under control. The Draklon Raiders will be more eager to kill Valarius now, gaining +1 damage and skill against him.

-

I'll post the other turns when I've resolved them all.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:08 am

Imperial Garrison

Image

Seeing the Rangers ready to fire the Starcloaks wisely opt to shoot before moving and making space for the third one. One shot hits, and kills.

Image

Most of the crossbow bolts fired in response clatter against the fortifications, but one shot plows through two Starcloaks! :shock:

Image

They plummet down into the courtyard.

Image

Those Guardsmen who can get in range strike at some Fanatics' exposed backs.

Image

The Gypsy is decapitated but Laris, very familiar with backstabs, turns around and punishes his attacker.

Image

This little blighter picks up the Clerics' staff and gains a 1d6 Supernatural Die.

Image

Understanding the irony of setting one of the Holy Flame Cultists on fire with it, he tries just that, but the damage falls just short (since it's a d6 of damage I didn't apply it as 'actual' fire damage per the rules either).

Image

The Garrison Commander crits his sprint roll and runs headlong into the rabble.

Image

They still had their actions, so they turn and make two-handed, armour-piercing swings on the Commander! :shock: He wisely decides to Parry to get the extra level of Deflection he was likely to need and succeeds despite being outnumbered (which gives -1 skill). He is knocked back 2" but is otherwise fine.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:22 am

THE WOLFPACK

Image

The rangers ALL take aim at the last Starcloak on the walls...

Image

'Well, shit.'

Image

He's probably wishing he could've bailed right about now. Only two shots manage to hit due to the fortifications (partially nullified because he was standing still and some of the rangers were Aiming), but the 6 damage is still enough to beat his armour.

Image

The Gang Leader frees himself from the ropes.

Image

He throws his shield!

Image

The feat succeeds nicely and gives him 2d6 damage vs the Matriarch (considering the range and the fact he's not strength based I thought this was fair), who also didn't see it coming so couldn't parry with her shield! (even though it looks like she is) 11 damage! *gasp* But... she lives?

Image

With a little bit of delay, it becomes clear what happened. A Reaver just happened to be in the way of the throw. Unintentionally or not, nicely Redshirted brah! :D
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:35 am

Cult of the Holy Flame

Image

The Priestess leaps from the cart, easily impaling a farmer on her sword.

Image

Unattended, the horses thunder on and off the battlefield, carrying the Sceptre of Holy Flame (which was stuck on the cart) with them.

Image

Somewhat out of character, the Holy Flame troops open fire on the farmers, one falling to the Scallywoman's blunderbuss. Well, the Arktifakt is important and this rabble is in the way, what can you do?

Image

The Battle Jester, Nobleman and townswoman then rush upon the waiting farmers...

Image

The peasant has the longer weapon and still has his action, so he attacks first, but doesn't kill. The townswoman then hits him twice, but even the cumulative damage doesn't kill the peasant. Their inability to kill each other is quite amusing, not as amusing as them actually killing each other would be though, of course.

-

I'll resolve the rest of the turns later tonight!
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 3:57 pm

DRAKLON RAIDERS

Image

The Matriarch successfully exerts her control over beasts to convince the Big Woof that she is his new master.

Image

The Drakhirri then pick themselves up and do what they can to fortify their position. One gives the tree a hard whack, dealing 1 SP of damage to it (it has 3).

Image

The banner carrier picks up the Arktifakt. A quick inspection shows that nothing they have at hand here can open it. This will be a job for the Magetriarchs.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 3)

Postby Craigallot » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:04 pm

THE PEASANT REBELLION

Image

The peasants go ham on the Holy Flame. The Girlfriend attacks the Priestress (who luckily for her opted to try and parry), but misses. The townswoman and noble are speared. The Battle Jester kills a peasant with counters and the Geisha stands her ground.

Image

Now it's Haircules' turn. He critically succeeds in smashing the Battle Jester with his Pet Rock (which counts as a Heavy Weapon) but just as I was sure he was toast the Battle Jester heroically defends himself with an Over The Top block!

Image

Image

WAIT to send orders until you've seen the start of Round 4! You'll see why!
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4789
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work


Return to Forum Battles

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ninja_bait and 4 guests