My Stat Cards

Supplement ideas, house rules, homemade stat cards, homebrew weapon types, and other cool variations

Moderators: warman45, Rev. Sylvanus

My Stat Cards

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:57 am

Feedback welcome.

This suit I had to round up to make it size 2. The main reason for this is so it could wield both weapons (I would've been fine with it being size 1 otherwise, but dakka is important).

The 'mind' is essentially the guy inside the hardsuit. Since it doesn't physically fit a fig I bought it separately.

I gave it 1d10 armour (2d10 seemed to be pushing it considering I already had to round it up to get size 2) and armour plating to diversify it from the Schattenläufer, and also because it fits more thematically. I believe it's also more 'cost efficient' for a size 2 creation since it loses the extra d10 armour after one hit anyway (cost efficiency with me is not about winning, just to be clear, but about being able to field as much cool stuff as possible). I think this will make it hard for regular infantry to kill it with pew pew laser pistols adding up damage while giving heavier weapons a good chance to kill it (which is what I'm going for).

The unarmoured parts are the leg joints, the forearms and the head. Of course, they're hard to hit (-2) but a good shot could disarm, immobilize or outright kill it (no head = no mind).

This one is pretty much by the book. I expect it to be more fragile than the Engel, and it also has a pilot that can get taken out, but it has the mobility to make up for it. The Machine Guns are something I look forward to using.

This Leaper ability is free because to me it's a trade off for being able to get immobilized much easier than a vehicle with the traditional 4 wheels.

I'm not sure about the Thrust movement here, but not sure if it really matters, either.

I built these things before ever thinking about the stats I was giving them. I reduced some of the lasers in size. Looking back though, I could probably keep 4 of them Size 2 even if it exceeds the tank's power. If it's out of grenades (which it could be after 4 turns) that's 4 power worth of grenade launchers you're not using anymore anyway. But then again it's likely to have taken damage by that point already so it doesn't matter that much if you're not using all the power all the time.

This one kinda gave me a headache. As a flyer, its power is limited. In the end I decided to give it more weapons than it could fire in one turn because versatility outweighs efficiency I think, especially as missiles become spent and the creation takes damage and you might be able to squeeze in a shot with a smaller gun that you otherwise wouldn't (or when you've taken a lot of damage and aren't able to fire the bigger guns at all). I guess I could also decrease the Auto Cannons (Size 3) to Heavy Lasers and put the bigger guns on some ground vehicle.

When I built it those blue things on the top they were supposed to be energy shields, but with limited power available I don't think it needs them and it will push the cost too far over the top. So they just become integrated into the armour, I guess.

The Gekka is my ultimate creation. To my surprise, the Gunship is actually bigger (stats-wise). I didn't want to go over 3d10 armour since knightmare frames are supposed to trade some armour for mobility and I also still wanted to be able to field it but I did give it Armor Plating because small arms fire with accuracy modifiers because of size and exploding dice added on top of that quickly leads to silly situations where a bunch of guys with SMG's shoot down a starship when really what should happen is this: https://youtu.be/V12yv7u29SA?t=300

The weapons exceed his power limit, but once he's shot his missiles he doesn't really have to care about that anymore since he can only shoot them once. The Eye Laser and Hatch Gun are kinda necessary for covering the different angles (minifigs sneaking up behind it or jumping on top of its shoulders for example), the flame thrower I added simply because I wanted a big flamethrower one one of my MOCs. You could remove these three weapons to make him cheaper though, but with opponents liable to aim for weapon systems to disable them I don't think having a couple extra weapons is a bad thing.
Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
RedRover wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:I'd like to run up to Redrover and throw my spear at him, hopefully tearing his head clean off.

I would like to stop that from happening
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Re: My Stat Cards

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:59 am

Made one for this thing as well. It seems good to me. I thought about giving it two SN dice but I want to see how it performs with 1 first.
RedRover wrote:
motorhead fan wrote:I'd like to run up to Redrover and throw my spear at him, hopefully tearing his head clean off.

Bragallot

Postby Texhnophille » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:33 pm

I'd say they all look pretty balanced.
The only thing that seems a bit off to me is the Engel Hardsuit's ability to jump while having the armor plating that prevents a unit from jumping and flying. Then again, I guess that's why you'd made a separate specialization that states it actually can leap.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.
Texhnophille
Officer

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:36 am

Yeah it's supposed to be like a suit of power armour that actually makes you more mobile. I did keep its movement low so it wouldn't go too crazy. It's supposed to balance out the fact that you can disable a mech almost entirely by blowing one of its legs off. I do think I didn't set the right size for the armour.
RedRover wrote:

Bragallot

Return to Bonus Material