The Arktifakt (Round 6)

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Elmagnifico, Duerer, BrickSyd

The Arktifakt (Round 6)

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:03 pm

BULL FUGITIVES

Ambushers reposition and open fire on the Commander's horse.

The Commander falls and readies himself to be swarmed by Shieldbearers like the Matriarch before him, but to his surprise he is spared.

These two Shieldbearers fail to kill the lone Reaver once again, so a third has to charge in to do their job for them.

The other two elect to help out their leader over going for the Commander. One is shot by the crossbow rabble that was on response but the damage isn't enough.

One Reaver is shoved away, the other is killed outright.

Valarius picks up a fallen spear, walks forward and plunges it into the Disrupted and Prone Reaver. It is an Automatic Hit, but the damage roll is only a '1'.

With a successful heroic feat, Valarius then decides not to prolong the Reaver's suffering and kill him cleanly, pushing the spear deeper.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights

Re: The Arktifakt (Round 6)

Postby Falk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:32 pm

Dammit horse
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:31 pm

Quick question: Do heroes have HP in your battles now? Because they seem to be going down really easy this game. I know you said you were going back to basics and HP for heroes is technically homebrew, so I am wondering.
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Craigallot » Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:49 am

They don't. With deflection and Redshirts I don't think it's necessary. So far 2 heroes have died, one from 3d6 + 6 damage and one from 3d6+4 total damage. Heroes have survived attacks about 12 times so far. I'm using fixed armour ratings (8 for all except the Matriarch who had 10) so they're not dying 'cos of terrible armour rolls either (I do this to save time). Hero deaths mostly happen when they're ganged up on, fail to deflect and / or crits are involved. Heroes are able to use any item as a shield so they're usually able to get deflection. I'm being lenient and letting them attempt a parry against each ranged attack from the front as well. No HP is more exciting and easier to keep track of imo.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Craigallot

Postby Falk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:02 pm

Mind putting up an ass of all the units each team has left?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby TheCraigfulOne » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:04 pm

Falk wrote:Mind putting up an ass of all the units each team has left?

The wordfilter strikes again!
TheCraigfulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Falk » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:
Falk wrote:Mind putting up an ass of all the units each team has left?

The wordbuttplug strikes again!

:ftfy:
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Postby Craigallot » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:57 pm

I think it should be clear from the pictures, but off the top of my head you still have 4 guardsmen and your hero, Draklon has 2 Reavers and the 4 guys on the boat, peasants have Haircules and about 7 melee peasants and 2 ranged ones, Wolfpack and Water Demons have their Hero and 5 and 4 figs respectively. I still have all my guys somehow (of course, I haven't been attacked that much and Valarius has been tanking most of the damage), not forgetting the 2 icons and (unconscious) shaman in the cave. So my luck will probably soon run out. :) Holy Flame only has Slimy Pete, who is getting Last Man Standing Bennies (1 each turn) and a Blaze Of Glory (a Benny per killed enemy). We'll see if that's enough to save him (I doubt it).

Waiting for motorhead and then I'll post the next turn.

Craigallot

Postby RedRover » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:50 pm

I hope slimey Pete claims glory and becomes a hero
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby ninja_bait » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:14 am

RedRover wrote:I hope slimey Pete claims glory and becomes a hero

I hope Slimy Pete does anything before being shot in the head by three other guys, like everyone else in the Holy Flame.
I make butts and butt accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:59 pm

IMPERIAL GARRISON

The guardsmen regroup, cover each other and set up response actions. The Commander is out of reach so the guy who nabbed the staff also goes on response.

The Commander picks himself up. He's quite slow in his heavy armour, but also quite determined.

"My trusty steed shall be avenged!"

With a successful heroic feat, he bridges the distance and attacks, but misses, alerting the Shieldbearer to his presence so he could Counter the next attack. I let the Commander attack again as part of his feat, and he actually managed an Over The Top action. Not sure which Die I should remove with the Deflection (it says 1 of each type but this seems a bit much) I let him roll a d10 for damage and he got... a 2. :? Even a 3 would've been enough.

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:05 pm

DRAKLON RAIDERS

The Reavers sprint towards the boat.

Mariners on the boat prepare response actions.

THE WOLFPACK

"Strike hard, men!"

*WHACK*

The Black Wolf fails his feat and takes a free attack which hits but luckily for him only deals 5 damage.

Wolfpack Rangers fight on, two of them repositioning to combine damage on a Sword-Demon. One misses and hits his own guy. Neither attack kills.

The Rangers aren't exactly making a lot of progress.

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:17 pm

SLIMY PETE

Pete fires at Haircules... and crit fails his attack roll. :? Didn't even get a chance to use his Last Man Standing Benny.

THE PEASANT REBELLION

Haldon and one of the rabble attack Pete. :shock:

I guess the Holy Flame isn't answering many prayers today. Slimy Pete uses his Benny for extra armour but gets trashed by the charge and the double hand weapons anyway.

The Holy Flame has been snuffed out... but as certain as the sun will rise the next day the spark of faith shall ignite again!

With the last member of the Holy Flame defeated, the Guardsmen suddenly find themselves surrounded by a seething mass of frothing peasants. The alliance is cancelled and the peasants have 2 Bennies Of Inevitable Betrayal to spend. Despite this the crossbow peasants don't get any kills and a spear peasant is cut down by a guardsman who managed to gain the initiative before he can strike.

On the other side a guardsman is less fortunate and gets smashed by Haircules' Pet Rock.

A peasant rounds the corner and uses one of the Bennies to get rid of the guardsman who nabbed the staff.

Craigallot

Postby Craigallot » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:21 pm

WATER DEMONS

The scuffle continues without casualties... :? Both sides fail to find a gap in each other's defenses... for now.

Calling for reinforcements is not exactly heroic and could have backfired on Fishstache... but he just manages to make the roll. Another Sword-Demon appears from the murky depths. (Water Demons regenerate when they're killed, but not instantly ;) ).

Craigallot

Postby RedRover » Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Did the rest of my water demons attack?
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Next

Return to Forum Battles