boundaries of EITBOTOT

Also, butts.

Moderators: Almighty Benny, Blitzen

boundaries of EITBOTOT

Postby Darkstorm » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:28 am

Is it ok if I want to mess with other people's factions and 'kill' their characters as long as I make sure that everyone is fine at the end of the story? I don't want to violate EITBOTOT, but I still want to do cameos on a bunch of people's characters, and some of their humans aren't around here anymore that I can't exactly get a "sure you can kill my people" from.  :|  :?
The craigness is coming... Craigstorm will rise! Craig to all who oppose us!
My Old Faction:Darkstorm Empire, New Faction: Phoenician Empire My Alliance:Kult of the Darkness
What craigs, but has no craig, yet craigs all that craigs?
Some say the answer is craig, but only few know the real Craig. Soon, all will craig. Craigstorm is coming. :warhead:
Darkstorm
oh god

Re: boundaries of EITBOTOT

Postby Falk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:08 am

The solution to that is to make your own characters from that faction, that way you don’t have to worry about messing with people’s stuff.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
Falk
I wanna touch the butt

Re: boundaries of EITBOTOT

Postby dilanski » Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:02 pm

I was going to suggest firing off PM's in case those users had e-mail alerts setup, but I don't think that is a feature anymore :/

I've always thought that cameo's are fine as long as you are respectful of what you are featuring, and that you put some effort into accurately portraying things how their creator intended. Also you don't make any disruptive changes to things. Killing major characters is the kind of thing that you would need explicit permission for, and inactivity does not equal consent. If someone doesn't like what you've done, retconning is easy enough for them. Anyone who gets pissy over well intentioned cameos probably needs new priorities.
Almond Status: ACTIVATED
dilanski
Now with added tractor fetish

Return to General Discussion