Backwater Skirmish

Share your tales of battle and mayhem

Moderators: Zupponn, Killer Karetsu, Moronstudios

Backwater Skirmish

Postby smaket » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:00 pm

This Battle report is from a modified brikwars game I played with my friends back in 2016(or 2017?), I've just been too lazy to upload it until now.

*disclaimer: The battle report skips around a bit which happens when you're playing a live game.

**disclaimer: Yes I used space ninjas, space mafia, space conquistadors and loosely Akkadia
I had just read Quest of Piltogg which is dope and I've always loved Natalya's stuff like Death War and Jungle Rampage
Also a big fan of scratch

Introduction:

In the far reaches of the outer rim of the Nehellenium galaxy
various forces battle for relevancy.

*Akkadia (Whoops)

A loved one is taken
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                            OVERWATCH

The Factions are:
The RLA (The Robot Liberation Army): 8 militia, 4 Construction Worker Bots, Drill bot, and Stalin MkII
The Knights of Cydonia: 3 knights of Cydonia, 2 Cydonian squires, and Sir John
The Moonmen of Jupiter 6: 6 Moonmen Soldiers, 3 Moonmen Assault Troopers, and MoonMan COMMANDER
The USTR (The United States of Teddy Roosevelt): 8 mounted Teddy Roosevelt Rough Riders, Murder monkey, Teddy Roosevelt 27
CLAN MACDOOGAL 4 Mounted sheepriders, 3 berserkers, Grandma, and CHIEF HAGGIS
The Akkadian Allies: which consists of
-The Space Mafia: 5 space slavs, 3 Mob Hitmen, Don Farro
-The Space Ninjas: 4 space ninjas, Papa Shinobi
-The Space Conquistadors: 4 space Conquistadors, El Cid

The RLA Overwatch: Stalin MKII looking very patriotic in the lower left corner, Drill bot also showing some robot commie gusto in this pic

Stalin MK II the leader of the Robot Liberation Army posing for a pic with the construction worker bots behind him

Drill bot and the other militia members

Akkadian Ally Overwatch:

Space Don Farro with his mob hitmen backing him up

El Cid looking menacing with his Conquistadors posted up behind him

Papa Shinobi and his space ninja entourage

Akkadian Ally's stat card, objectives were written on the back

CLAN MACDOOGAL Overwatch SHEEPRIDERS are next to CHIEF HAGIS while grandma is behind the hut and the beserkers are flexing their shirtless bearded bodies in front.

CHIEF HAGIS wears a sick gold viking helmet with platinum plated horns and has a bitchin double edged battleaxe

The Moonmen of Jupiter 6 Overwatch:
Moonman COMMANDER is flanked by his soldiers to the left and his assault troopers to the right

Closer up, you can see he wields a sweet beam saber and sports a rockin' fully grown mustache

The Knights of Cydonia Overwatch:
the two Squires/repairmen are up front, with the 3 Cydonian Knights at their rear, and their hero Sir John Hulking over all of them

The USTR Overwatch:
The Teddys are all over the ridge, Murder Monkey that dastardly mechanation of swinging mercenary scum is near the bottom of the picture. The Teddy clone in charge of this regiment is Teddy 28 he rides a black horse and wields a saber.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                Game Start

Backside view of The Akkadians Allies, the Space Slavs move up only to do almost nothing the entire game

USTR moves up

USTR starts a defensive horsewall

Grandma moves up and pulverizes a Cydonian squire's noggin (They will remember this)

Moon man soldiers and Moonman COMMANDER move up and over the wall to hack the crashed Akkadian UFO device (to hack the device a unit must stand a whole turn adjacent to the crashed device without being interrupted)

That decrepit horror: Murder monkey moves onto the stone fence and surveys the battlefield with his hideous eyes

The Cydonian Knights seek revenge for their fallen countryman (they fail to do any damage to grandma)

CHIEF HAGGIS OF CLAN MACDOOGAL throws his battleaxe like a boomerang and beheads a moonman soldier, but not before Drill bot emerges right underneath the Akkadian Device (much to the dismay of the moonmen soldiers trying to hack it)

Sir John's attack of righteous vengeance is not enough to penetrate grandma's thick crusty skin

The Moonman COMMANDER attempts to CONVERT drill bot to the blinding bliss of mother Moon but  instead triggered his robo sleeper agent protocol (Heroic feat Crit fail +1  unit for RLA)

a lone moon man soldier stares down two sheepriders

CHIEF HAGIS decapitates the moonman soldier after he succeeded in shooting off one of CHIEF HAGIS'S SHEAPS legs

Sir John swings his mighty polearm once more to avenge his fallen attendant

He succeeds to cleave off one of poor Grandma's arms

(Not pictured:The Moonmen manage to hack the device and retrieve the disc)

Teddy Roosevelt 28 murders the Moonman carrying the disc and takes it for "The United States of Me!" all while remaining seated on his trusty stead

The USTR rough riders use their advanced Teddy Tactics™  to create a Wall of Horses

they then show the commies what for!

the RLA sleeper agent (formerly MoonMan Commander) attempts to kill teddy 28 and fails

the slavs move up... once again

CHIEF HAGIS Seeking to send more trespassers to hell for the death of his sheep throws his mighty axe and kills two of the space slavs

Image]

one of the Cydonian Knights manages to cut off teddy 28's hand that was carrying the disc

teddy and his horse kick the shit out of him though

The rough riders climb onto the ridge and open fire, mercilessly slaughtering the poor Moonman Assault Trooper's 2 compadres

The sole survivor is in anguish

Don Farro uses his valentines day special but its as if he was using rubber bullets! (The Viking's skin is too thick)

The slavs fearing they wont be able to get any sort of action start to advance towards the RLA

Grandma uses one of the Cydonian Knights as a human projectile

To great effect KaPOW!!

The Cydonian make-shift Projectile kills everything in it's path (Teddy 28, Teddy's horse, the RLA sleeper agent, and two Cydonian Knights)

(he's leaping into the air)
Sir John is quite dis-pleased with Grandma and does what any Cydonian Mega Knight worth their salt would do..

Pelver-ize!!!

( heroic feat to crush Grandma with his very strong Pelvis  succeeds)

After recovering from the shock of losing his whole squad the lone Moonman Assault Trooper proceeds
lay into the teddy firing line

his first shot hits

and he keeps firing until only one of the roughriders remain...

(Not pictured: after delivering an *EPIC* monologue he shoots the last roughrider on the ridge in the head)

overlooking the carnage his vengeance had wrought, the lone Assault Trooper takes off his helmet and just stands for a little while. He says a silent prayer for his fallen brethren and curses "why couldn't it have been me".

The Trooper sheds a single tear
wow how sad

After killing the vile and horrendous Murder Monkey  Sir John of The Cydonian Knights retrieves the disc

(Not pictured: Sir John then fires up his boosters and gets the hell out by "ironman-ing" out )
Winning the game for the Knights of Cydonia!

--------------------------------------END OVERVIEW-----------------------------------------------------------

There's some stuff that happened that wasn't pictured like the RLA and Stalin MKII killing the mob hitmen and I think somebody looked in the Viking shed (Didn't find anything)

-------------------------------------------EXTRA-----------------------------------------------------------

Nathan made a n-a-z-i blood ritual how ORIGINAL

There were a bunch of different character sheets I made but I can't find them right now 8)
smaket
Battlefield General

Re: Backwater Skirmish

Postby Kommander Ken » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:24 am

RIP Grandma. :cry:

Nice read overall. Loved the classical look to this battle too.  :studgod:
Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Postby Zahru II » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:29 am

Dark Forest baseplate, nice
My stuff: Medivo / Armylists / Battles / SPACE
Zahru II
bog standard
bog standard

Postby Cakeman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:03 pm

Fun armies, good battlereport and a lot of pictures. I had a fun read, thanks for sharing :)
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Postby Tzan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:27 pm

Sheepriders!
Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Postby ninja_bait » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:33 pm

What's with the wacky dice?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Postby Scratch » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Really fun battle, Don Farro's branch of the space mafia is now Double Kanon(tm) and the Mobfather expects great things from him.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.

All you have to do is flatten his head.

Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.

Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.
Scratch
Reihawk

Postby smaket » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:00 pm

ninja_bait wrote:What's with the wacky dice?

they're heroscape die!
part of the modified brikwars setup I use to quicken large battles

Scratch wrote:Really fun battle, Don Farro's branch of the space mafia is now Double Kanon(tm) and the Mobfather expects great things from him.

he WAS a bit of a one-off but maybe I'll have to bring him and his undead goons back out
LOOK TO YOUR LEFT...or not

-The signature I made when I was 11
smaket
Battlefield General

Return to Reports From the Field