Fourth Annual BrikWars Konstruktion Contest
Welcome, BrikWarriors, to the age of Brikbuilt Escalation. In this storied fragment of the shattered chronology, all manner of characters (from lowly minifig to lowly human) gather at the most famous bar of them all, that grand old ORANGE TRANSPARENT motherfucker of a meeting place, the Four Rums. Whether drinking or not, these epic personages sweep in between adventures from across the spectrum of spacetime to swap tall tales and exaggerate their own Ossum. Bawdy fish stories and bold, raucous boasting are the order of the day and only the most skillful storytellers are raised in esteem in the eyes of their fellows. But only those who live by the age old adage "pics or it didn't happen" can truly "prove" their Ossum with a show and tell that will spread their name and legend out among the stars.
Participants will each create one or more "builds," in real bricks or in LDD, and capture a comprehensive set of images that show it off. A "build" can be anything from a single object like a vehicle to an entire vignette. Go nuts. The Judges will have their own views on what constitutes a complete build and that will show in their scoring, particularly in Style and Substance. Anywhere between 1 and 10 images in general ought to be fine. Simply create something BrikWarsy, preferably something that references the rulebook, the lore (community or official), and/or the history.
Participants can submit their build to one of three categories: Brik by Brik, Digital Dimension, or Drunken Madness.
- Brik by Brik is for IRL builds and entries should be posted to the Armoury forum.
- Digital Dimension is for LDD builds and entries should be posted to the LDD subforum.
- Drunken Madness is for builds of either stripe, with the catch that the builder be both of a legal drinking age and completely plastered for the duration of the building process, and should be posted to the Armoury forum as well.
EDIT: Due to the Forums going down for a little while there, the deadline is extended one week. New deadline: April 7, 2019.
Participants may submit more than one entry. Contestants can only win one Reward, however, and only their highest scoring piece will count in this regard.
Entries may represent any BrikWars tone, style, etcetera. The BrikVerse is a wildly diverse setting and the purpose of this contest is to encourage more awesome new content.
Judging of the entries will commence immediately following the contest, beginning April 1, 2019, and will end no later than April 8, 2019. The final scores will be announced and formalized in this thread on April 9, 2019.
EDIT: Due to the Forums going down and the deadline being extended, judging begins April 8, goes to the 15th, and is finalized on the 16th.
For the 2019 Contest, the following are Judges:
- Kommander Ken
- Style -- Relating to the concept of the build, the inventiveness and creativity of the build, particularly any NPU, the general level of amusement and shenanigans it conveys, and overall "wow" factor.
- Substance-- Relating to the mechanics of the build, the viability and efficiency of its construction, the actual depth of the piece and the balance between what it conveys and the materials it uses to convey it.
- Photography-- Quality of the build's photography, the use of clean lighting and clear pictures, the appropriate capture of the purpose of the piece, the overall visual attractiveness of the presentation.
- Boast, Tie-Breaker Category-- A picture is worth a thousand words. Be brief and use some of them to embroider the truth and tell the grandest boast about the build.
The Boast Score will only be used in the event of a tie between entries.
Judges are encouraged to keep an open, diverse mindset when judging entries as they are not inherently required to adhere to any particular interpretation of Kanon or individually preferred tone. In short, we all have a good general idea of what constitutes as Brikwarsy but a great many of us have some pretty different ideas about the specifics.
Judges may enter the contest as Participants (see above) but may not judge their own entries. Instead, the Secondary Judge will take their place in the scoring of those particular pieces.
The 1st Place Winners of each category will each earn a unique title and associated Badge (BrikMason, Digital Arkitekt, and Town Drunkard, respectively) and join the ranks of BrikWars Royalty.
The 1st Place Winner of the contest in general will join the pantheon of BrikWars StudGods, and gain full on bragging rights. They will also earn a unique custom badge, which will be pinned to the winning post and generally used however the winner sees fit (such as its inclusion into their forum signature).
Enjoy the Buildoff! Happy BrikBuilding and, as always, Have Fun.
Go To: 2019 Entries and Final Scores