[BB19] Trattorian Whitcomb Air Superiority Drone

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Theblackdog
Pooplord

[BB19] Trattorian Whitcomb Air Superiority Drone

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Mar 25, 2019 3:37 pm

Entering the 2,019 Blarney Build in the non-drunk, brick-built creations category.
The Whitcomb-class air superiority drone was Trattoria's newest and most advanced air combat drone at the time the Meritocratic Republic of Trattoria fell. Designed to meet or exceed the performance of any conventional fighter, the Whitcomb was equipped with a wide array of weapons and controlled by a machine learning algorithm that could 'learn' from its most capable opponents, copying their moves and techniques.

Because of their advanced AI, Whitcombs fill a secondary role as tactical coordination nodes, transmitting instructions to less advanced drone fighters.

After the fall of Trattoria, many of the Republic's vast combat drone forces went rogue, attacking targets seemingly at will and sometimes even attempting to replicate themselves. With their advanced AI and command capabilities, the Whitcombs were some of the types most likely to go rogue, and often brought other Trattorian drone units along with them...

Whitcombs are equipped with an impressive array of weapons for their size: three Mk. 4 Meson Blasters (two mounted in the front of the aircraft and one mounted in the tail) and four Mk. 2 Metallic Hydrogen missiles.

Because of the important tactical data these drones carry, Trattorian high command took the unusual step of designing an escape system for the drone's main computer. When the drone takes enough damage, the front section detaches...

And unfolds its wings to escape or continue the fight.

The front section is more agile, but more lightly armed with only a single Mk. 4 meson blaster.

[21:30:33] Scritch: you can put it in theblackdog

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Re: [BB19] Trattorian Whitcomb Air Superiority Drone

Post by Kommander Ken » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:49 pm

Style-9
The shaping on this drone is awesome. I think you definitely captured the look and style of a Trattorian-designed ship.

Substance-9.5
The fact that there's a secondary drone that ejects when its damaged enough is a really cool idea.

Photography-7.5
The lighting is decent, but I feel like it doesn't capture the pristine newness that Trattoria always prided itself with.

Boast-9
Not just one, but TWO drone builds. Just when you think that Trattoria has thought of everything, they go pulling this kinda stuff.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:16 am

Style: 9 - a great model in the Trattorian style, love the wing layout on the small drone.
Substance: 8 - it's a pretty simple construction style but the details are done thoughtfully
Photography: 7 - A little off on white balance
Boast: 5 - mild boasting
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImage

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:07 pm

Style: 9 - very on brand with the Tratts

Substance: 8.5 - Great solid build with the dual features.

Photography: 7 - not bad but wasn't wowie

Boast: 6