[BB19] Blacktron Baelfire Dropship

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

[BB19] Blacktron Baelfire Dropship

Post by Cakeman » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:40 pm

Well look, the 2019 Blarney Build! I'm in by a hair and even though I'm about to have a sunday evening drink, I wasn't drunk during the build. Brick by brick it is.

Shunned and misunderstood, stealthily traversing space. The original Blacktron, once a great faction of their own making, bases and spaceships massproduced and even rivaling the Futuron, after civil war and infighting, now the original Blacktron are in the kurrent rekonstruktion reduced to smaller warbands.

Still as cunning as ever their speciality is infiltration and small unit combat. For that purpose, vehicles that offer versatility and a stealthy approach are appreciated. Also, since a lot of firepower is never a bad thing, the stealth part is often just smaller size and a lot of black (and som yellow. Batman is rumored to have trained with Blacktron).

Thus it's a bit strange that this particular dropship actually is larger then the Rexplorer design it is based on. Also, the term dropship is a bit misleading, since it's very spaceworthy - however, it excels in rapid planetary insertions due to it's four highly maneuverable thrusters.

All thrusters rotate 360 degrees, allowing for some pretty stomach-upsetting maneuvers popular with the Blacktron pilots. A Crazy Ivan is standard procedure.

the armament is forward focused. The front gunner controls twin autocannons with a high degree of vertical mobility. The pilot has acess to sidemounted railguns and missiles.

The cockpit is easily accessible via a top hatch. Although there is room for two, this Baelfire only features one pilot, in a custom built black and yellow seat.

The Baelfires main feature is it's large and easily accessible hold. On both sides there are two armored fold down hatches, allowing quick deployment from the 12 x 8 studs large area. It easily holds an assault squad, a medium sized vehicle or goods, anything the situation requires. To the front you can reach the gunners station, and to the rear you can with a little difficulty gain access to the rear storage compartment.

(As you can see, just like the original Rexplorer the gunners station is removable, for easy access to the gunners station etc. It doesn't turn into a hovercraft or anything. Yet.)

The rear storage could easily hold a hoverbike or similar smaller vehicle if needed.

Behind the cockpit is a dockingspace for a large drone or small fighter. This allows for close support during space or ground combat. This Baelfire recently lost their drone during a mission, and the crew are looking for a replacement.

And here's the crew. The two pilots couldn't be bothered to get out for the group picture, but as we can see the original Blacktron uses robots to fill out their ranks. Seen here a stealthy probe droid and assassin scorpion droid.

All in all the Baelfire is a very sturdy, highly enjoyable build. It could easily function in both ground and space scenarios, and with some modifications from what I showed in it's previous iteration, it now has more Blacktron feel to it. I'll see what I can do to add some small vehicles etc, maybe flesh the crew out more.

(Link to original WIP-post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=17512)
Last edited by Cakeman on Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Re: [BB19] Blacktron Baelfire Dropship

Post by MadMario » Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 pm

Great job! You got rid of the blue windows I see, feels more like original Blacktron now!
ImageImageImage

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Post by Kommander Ken » Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:12 am

Very brikwarsy now, much goodness. :666:

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Post by Cakeman » Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:08 pm

MadMario wrote:
Sun Apr 07, 2019 2:57 pm
Great job! You got rid of the blue windows I see, feels more like original Blacktron now!
Thank you! Yep, small change (...it´s the only yellow canopy I have, but it turned out quite well) but the feel changed overall. Also good to add the trans red parts, to tie it to the historic models. I have a real incentive to raid my parents place again, and my brothers be damned - I want those parts!
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:12 am
Very brikwarsy now, much goodness. :666:
Thanks!

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Apr 11, 2019 11:30 am

Style: 9 - Excellent recolor to the Blacktron scheme
Substance: 8 - Since it's an existing set, minus 2 points
Photography: 9 - What's with the wallpaper?
Boast: 6 - mild boasting
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImage

Kommander Ken
bad at shitposting
bad at shitposting

Post by Kommander Ken » Fri Apr 12, 2019 6:50 pm

Style-8
Very brikwarsy recolor, Blacktron could always use a little more love.

Substance-8
Yeah its a recolor, but I appreciate the added spikes.

Photography-8
Backgrounds a little busy but the lighting is good.

Boast-8
BLACKTROOOOOOOONN.

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:20 pm

Style: 8.5 - On brand for Blacktron

Substance: 7 - Would have like to see more originality other than a general recolor

Photography: 8

Boast: 6