[JJJ19] M-Throne Tank Factory

Show off your armies and weaponry and stuff.

Moderators: Zahru II, Natalya, RedRover

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

[JJJ19] M-Throne Tank Factory

Post by Kaplan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:00 pm

This M-Throne tank factory is located in Ferstab colony and it is specialized to produce Invicta Tanks.
You can see the production line inside the building while the tanks are constructed and painted step by step by robotic arms, painting pools and assembly chambers. Supply gates for raw materials, parts and equipment can be seen around the building where transporters can dock. On the front of the building there are docks for the paint tankers to dock and refill the paint tanks. On top of the building you can see parking place for finished tanks and a port where Transport ships can land and load tanks to transport them where they are supposed to go.

ImageMicro-scale M-Throne Tank Factory by Kaplan, on Flickr

Kastrenzo
all I have is anthrax and rage
all I have is anthrax and rage

Re: [JJJ19] M-Throne Tank Factory

Post by Kastrenzo » Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:00 pm

Style - 8
Substance 5
Photography 10

The actual detail here is very good, I'm personally not a fan of the overly simplistic tanks given the advances I've seen in other's microbuild techniques recentley, but its still looking pretty rad

substance, I like the interior, but the exterior is too heavvy on the light grey, and it makes it look too pristine and like plastic, **I understand that it's in LDD*

Photos are fine, not going to give extra points for LDD or anything, just not going to take any points off because the angles and presentation are all good
Faction Index - Battleplates Chronology - Flickr Gallery
2018 Studgod
You can't ride a scooter when you're drunk and 9 years old.

MadMario
Purism Prometheus
Purism Prometheus

Post by MadMario » Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:55 am

Style - 9 - technically flawless, creative and elaborate

Substance - 9 - good concluded piece, the production process of the tanks can be followed all along the conveyor belt,
the refill docks and landing platform make the production line perfect

Photography - 9 - can`t do much wrong with lighting and background in LDD, yet the chosen angles and scales of the pictures are well chosen

Theme - 8 - The Empire prepares for Ragnablok. True.

I pondered a while about the Substance score because of the light gray, as Kastrenzo already said the exterior is heavy on it. Yet I see the building as an industrial facility, not an Imperial prestige building. therefore I find the armored concrete look appropiate.
ImageImageImage

aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Post by aoffan23 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:51 pm

Style: 7
I like the plain grey look, it feels utilitarian as it should. The one thing I'll say is that the red stripe should maybe be closer to the centre of the wall or nearer the bottom. The inside has some very tasty technical bits though.

Substance: 8
As I said, the mechanical bits are lovely, and I love the thought that was put into every aspect.

Photography: 6
It's hard to make LDD stuff stand out without putting them through a rendering program, but I think that may have been beneficial here. The angles are well chosen though.

Theme: 8
War is coming.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.
I agree with Warhead.

Kaplan
Supercharged Tank
Supercharged Tank

Post by Kaplan » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:24 am

Thank you very much for the nice comments. I tried to try my best to create a realistic production line for the interior in microscale. I agree that the photos look plastic etc i couldnt do much about that since I use bluerender for the render. I thought the simple industrial concrete look could be given with grey plain bricks. I may be focused much on the interior than the exterior.