Chapter II: A Kingdom in Turmoil

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Chapter II: A Kingdom in Turmoil

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:05 pm

The Kingdom had been blessed with many years of peace since the last major war, with only the odd easily-thwarted rebellion, quickly-decided civil war or minor evil lord to keep their troops in shape. However, simultaneously with the recent Bull Tribes uprisings and whispers of their newly acquired powers, terror had gripped the Imperial lands. People were slaughtered at night and military positions were ransacked and destroyed over the unusually dark nights of that time... and no one could tell who was responsible! Only a fool or down to the grave optimist still thought peace could last. The King was neither, so he began mobilizing his armies.

The people marching to the frontlines would have to be equipped efficiently, and for this purpose the King had established a series of small holdouts and supply camps on the way to the border. Because there weren't enough troops ready just yet, the King had dispatched the Urban Guard, who's normal task was guarding the Kingdom's cities, in advance for the standing forces to arrive. Most were dispatched to the southlands, where there were most problems, leaving their domicile warriors to fend for themselves.

The armouries were tactical positions and the Urban Guard was expecting most problems there, so they were heavily guarded. Even at dusk, twelve urban guards and their commander, an imperial lieutenant, were guarding an Imperial armoury.

Factions:

Urban Guard (twelve guards and a hero): Taken by Ogel96 Objective: defend the armoury at all costs (how you mean you already guessed that?)
Secret faction 1: Taken by lrdofbricks
Secret faction 2: played by me, because they're only 2 figs, perhaps won't make their entry until a few turns into the game and because I want to.

I would excuse myself for picture quality if there was anything I could have done but photobucket died on me (ask Warhead) and then Imageshack did too and I ended up having to use paint and free image hosting. This'll be a small, hopefully short fight that is story-wise important rather than tactically, and I'm doing it because I just knocked down the first 39 pages of the guide down to 4 (you may have noticed the last forum battle was played out with very simple rules) and will try these out first before I let the next wave of rules descend on me. I will PM the player who picks Secret faction 1 with details on his faction and his objective, like I did last time with the secret factions. Factions are first come first served, no preferences.
Last edited by Bragallot on Thu May 26, 2011 10:59 am, edited 6 times in total.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby lrdofbricks » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:40 pm

dibs on the bad guys... err, secret faction 1
LEGION- fear it
the 100000 post- by me
"manliness= X(warhead+piltog)^2/James+burgandy"
lrdofbricks
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Ogel96 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:27 pm

guards please. looks like a great map, very organized.
My doctor says I have an obsession with vengance. We'll just see about that
My 550th post was "JANE-FREAKIN-GOODALL".
I called the Ghostbusters in my 600th post.
Ogel96
Jaw-Jaw

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:41 am

Ok, you're both in. Have fun ^^.

The battlefield is supposed to be simple and pretty much is because it's a small battle, but it's good you like it :) The armoury is, of course, supposed to have a roof but I didn't put one on for playability. (This means you can't access it from above.) You'll be PMing me your orders, and whoever sends them first gets to act first. You always have 3 days to send orders. Anything else? If I forgot something you can just ask. Ogel96 you may but aren't obliged to send orders for the first turn since there's no enemies (yet).
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Magic Soap » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:36 pm

Your pictures are as stretched as a paramedic's clients.
Magic Soap
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna

Postby Bragallot » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:38 pm

Yep, they are due to circumstances explained in my first post. Normally won't happen again though.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Return to Forum Battles