Lego doodles POST THEM

Creations, construction techniques, and news from the world of plastic toys

Moderators: Dr. X, ikensall, fredde

Re: Lego doodles POST THEM

Postby aoffan23 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Went to Walmart to get in on a pre-Black Friday deal, but apparently it was sold out by 9AM. So instead I picked up the Rogue One Hovertank set, which it turns out is almost as awesome as I hoped. Anyway, modded it up a bit into a tankier tank.

Comfortably seats 4. I could probably seat them against the walls if the ceiling were a plate or two higher, but eh.
Tzan wrote:
Quantumsurfer wrote:I generally agree with Tzan
Warhead wrote:I agree with QuantumSmurfer.

I agree with Warhead.
aoffan23
You can nail me with your wood. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Duerer » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:14 am

Looks pretty boss.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby bann154 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:59 am

So i am thinking of turning this into a full fledged faction. The backstory is kinda like this. They are a snakelike creature that has advanced and achieved space flight they are naturally venomous and use combat armor to enhance themselves and give them an edge in combat. So tell me what you think throw in some suggestions even.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
bann154
bann is the mann

Postby Duerer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:04 am

The Ogel armour's edginess fits these serpents quite well. You could also resort to the Ninjago snake heads if you got any at hand, maybe even add a huge tail as a body like the Dark Eldar Sslyth:
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby RedRover » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:23 am

Those guys look sweet
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Silverdream » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:13 am

Maybe they have a weak form of telekinesis, which helps them pilot these armours and other mech suits? Maybe there's a subspecies similiar to electric eels, that can shoot 1d4 lightning bolts at their enemies. Maybe they're more like snails or hermit crabs, and use larger armoured shells as they get older and grow bigger.
Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 12:27 pm

I like the idea of them constantly getting bigger, as that would open up bigger and better "Mech" Size suits.
"Next time you want to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face." -Mal
Steel_Valkyrie
Also sounding like a whiny bitch

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:31 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:I like the idea of them constantly getting bigger, as that would open up bigger and better "Mech" Size suits.

That's actually a really cool idea! Have you seen this by any chance? http://www.novarefuge.com/lego/natives.htm
I sexually Identify as a Spice Girl. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot butts on sexy dads. People say to me that a pizza with pineapple is Impossible and I'm boner-inducing but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Amigo" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your six. Thank you for being so understanding.
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:31 pm

Dude, Those are awesome. Kinda blocky, I would add more curves and armour pieces, and i'm against defacing my bricks, but those are seriously cool.
"Next time you want to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face." -Mal
Steel_Valkyrie

Postby RedRover » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:43 pm

Steel_Valkyrie wrote:i'm against defacing my bricks, but those are seriously cool.

So you never use decals then I assume?
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sat Nov 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Only the Lego provided ones, and only then if they look nice. I've started to remove the ones I put on when I was a kid. My father got me and my brother all of the Sante Fe train sets, so I have a shitton of 1*16 grey bricks with A big "Sante Fe" sticker on them.
Steel_Valkyrie

Postby TheVengefulOne » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:00 pm

Ugh, trying to get the decals perfectly straight is possibly the most annoying part of lego, not to mention the fading and peeling.

Also, I think the reason those creations are so blocky is because they were built more than ten years ago!
I sexually Identify as a Spice Girl. Ever since I was a boy I dreamed of soaring over the oilfields dropping hot butts on sexy dads. People say to me that a pizza with pineapple is Impossible and I'm boner-inducing but I don't care, I'm beautiful. I'm having a plastic surgeon install rotary blades, 30 mm cannons and AMG-114 Hellfire missiles on my body. From now on I want you guys to call me "Amigo" and respect my right to kill from above and kill needlessly. If you can't accept me you're a heliphobe and need to check your six. Thank you for being so understanding.
TheVengefulOne
there are no brakes on the ban train

Postby Duerer » Sat Nov 19, 2016 5:02 pm

I rarely even apply stickers on bricks mostly because of reusability. Applying them feels like a bitch to me, as well.
Duerer
Forum Champion 2016
Forum Champion 2016

Postby Steel_Valkyrie » Sun Nov 20, 2016 1:47 pm

TheVengefulOne wrote:Also, I think the reason those creations are so blocky is because they were built more than ten years ago!

Oh. Shoulda noticed that. Like the site didn't give me enough hints. Oops. I love the concept, though.
Steel_Valkyrie

Postby bann154 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:27 pm

The "Bär" Wunder Waffe is a massive jump for Ethias armed to the teeth this walking bunker can take the punishment and dish it out two fold it is armed with 4 heavy autocannons capable of firing at enemies of slimier size or engaging smaller lower targets the main cannon allows it to engage enemies from long distances with armor piercing rounds it is further protected by 2 light autocannons mounted below the hips that can engage infantry with ease. This is the result of today's work i still have more details to add and im considering adding a turret however i don't know how good it would really look with a turret any suggestions are welcome!
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places
bann154
bann is the mann

PreviousNext

Return to Bricks