Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us (Round 2)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Faith Divides Us - Death Unites Us (Round 2)

Postby Bragallot » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:14 am

http://www.brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5764

Round 2

Rebels - Moronstudios

The right flank was being overrun, for when one Phalanx missed his attack...

... another quickly finished the job.

Chief: "This is madness!"

Of the Phalanx fighting Marnix one made a horrendous damage roll which would've wiped the floor with him if he hadn't had his magic shield (which blocks 2d6 damage), which, after 2 crits, decreased the damage to the point it equalized with his armour! The others failed to hurt the general further.

One of the many strange rolls this turn.

The swordsmen on the other side held on better...

Black crossbowmen began to swarm towards the purple mages, gathering where they could pass through the fighting hordes.

Not everyone got in range, but plenty of crossbows were still aimed at the Purple Mages...

Though they made difficult targets on their swift brooms and Bull crossbowmen mostly always fail some crossbowmen managed to hit. The black-haired mage critfailed every defence roll and died, the other narrowly managed to protect himself - staves also function as shields against projectiles.

Valarius: "You there! Why are you standing still?! Carry out the Boar God's divine punishment!"

"You're right! What was I thinking? I must kill!"

Xalen - Silverdream

The skeletons charged in...

The icon was knocked away and disrupted, but took no damage. The phalanx was less fortunate.

Silent as death, Xalen flew into the battle.

He'd have run over the Bulls, but the feat failed and the horse crashed into the ground, sending him flying off. His stab at the chieftain narrowly missed.

Xalen took some falling damage, but it didn't even scratch him.

"Someone is going to pay for this."

Purple Mages - Ross_Varn

The headmaster ran off towards the fight and attempted to heal the failing dead mage.

Critical succes! The purple mage came to life again with full HP! However as they attempted to multicast the black-haired mage again set his face on fire, this time however losing no HP to the damage.

The two active icons tried to interrupt their casting, but their attempt was too weak to stop the brown-haired mage, who got a damn fine roll, completely.

This icon even knocked himself out (disrupted).

Though not quite the inferno the mages had attempted to cast, the smaller fireball still dealt a lot of damage, blasting away two crossbowmen.

Loyalists - solvess

Swordsmen fought as well as they could, but their handweapons failed to dent the phalanx.

The main body of the army advanced, and then... what?

That's right, they were trying to chuck their mates into the fray. They didn't get very good rolls and one even crit failed, then I got a '6' on the fall damage... worst Brikwars death I've ever seen yet.

One got close enough to rid Marnix of one of his opponents, however, though he didn't manage to kill him. Marnix then would've charged down his opponents on route to the Bullbeast, but tripped over a corpse and didn't get to attack. There was a lot of fail this round. At least he didn't take damage while retreating.

Tired of all the fail around him, the general swiftly beheaded one of his foes.

Overviews

Kill Chart

Loyalists - 3
Rebels - 7
Xalen - 2
Purple Mages - 2

Deadline for next orders: friday evening, though if I have all orders by thursday midday I might already be able to do the round then, though it would be tight.
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Zahru II » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:47 am

This was kinda funny.
Zahru II
Anime Girl

Postby ikensall » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 am

The equasion for this battle is:

Fail = Win
ikensall
Jaw-Jaw

Postby mm233 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Zahru II wrote:This was kinda funny.

Agreed. My only problem is I can't tell who is on what side in almost every picture. :D
TROLOLO
mm233
Officer

Postby solvess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:37 pm

None of that shit was my fault, I just got the wrong side of the die. If that same kind of thing happens to me again I am going to say brag is fucking the dice.
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
"A river of blood begins with a single drop."
solvess
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bragallot » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:47 pm

I will be if you say that again :)
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Warhead » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:23 pm

Yeah, picking up your heaviest troops and chucking them at the enemy, that's bound to work. :roll: I think it was even more Brikwars that it failed so badly though. Ross's Magi is one lucky son of a bitch.

We interupt this post with a message from the Bull God...

WHERE ARE THE SONGS OF WAR?! BELLOW AS YOU CLEVE YOU BULL BASTARDS!!!

Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby solvess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:06 pm

Silverdream wrote:MY FUCKING HORSE!

Take your revenge on those rebels by using there own men against them raise them from the dead and have them take revenge on there former army (I wouldn't mind if you raised my guys to help kill the rebels)!
My brute
"Having enough Dakka is an illusion created by those too weak to stomach true warfare."
solvess
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bragallot » Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:27 pm

I haven't seen anyone fit to the skin of a character of mine as well as Silverdream yet :)
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby solvess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:05 pm

Silverdream wrote:Both armies can go and eat popsicles for all I care, all I want is Valarius dead.

Well then you can raise his dead army and have them kill him.
My brute
solvess
Galidor
Galidor

Postby solvess » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:12 pm

Silverdream wrote:
solvess wrote:
Silverdream wrote:Both armies can go and eat popsicles for all I care, all I want is Valarius dead.

Well then you can raise his dead army and have them kill him.

You can stop bugging me and use some goddamn strategy. If you value your life, you'll let me kill Valarius.

I'm not stopping you.
My brute
solvess
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Rev. Sylvanus » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:14 pm

I thought the purple mages were going to be sucking wind for sure; horray for counter-intuitive dice!
Rev. Sylvanus
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Bragallot » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:53 pm

Camera trouble. Again. So I tell them explicitly NOT to buy a camera with a rechargable battery and to NOT buy it in the store that has only sold us CRAP for the past 3 years. So of course they bought a camera with a rechargable battery in the store that has only sold us crap for the past 3 years. And now it won't recharge while I'm doing perfectly what the manual says. So fuck them. You can only rely on something to be done properly if you do it yourself.
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Candlejack » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:05 pm

My advice? Find a wall plug for that sucker.
"Nietzsche is dead. Nietzsche remains dead. No amount of philosophy or existentialism will fix this." -Anonymous
Candlejack
Officer

Postby Bragallot » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:24 pm

Yeah, that's what I thought, but it turns out the contact with the cable was simply fucked. Vanden Borre is a crap store, as I said they've only sold us crap over the last three years and they've also been using the same radio advert for ages and I'm so tired of it. Translated the conclusion to their radio advert has been 'your act of trust' for at least 12 years, my ass! Really frustrating since I was having a blast putting up this report, promised it wouldn't take as long and I specifically told them we were gonna be in trouble if they didn't listen (which I've already bitched about), and the shop is making us wait for a repaired (they should've given me a bloody new one) camera without news (they've probably forgotten about it already).

Anyway, if it's a comfort, I'm not going to cancel this battle because of those fuckers, like hell I am...
Bragallot

Next

Return to Forum Battles