Operation Mastercutor (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Elmagnifico

Operation Mastercutor (Sign-up)

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:56 pm

Deep in Prussian space, chaos is reigning...

Angelica: "Accelerate! We need to get to Sector 1!"

"That big ship that's following us... That's no pitiful gunboat! Where did that come from?"

"The Brittanians were in charge of intelligence - they didn't report this vessel. Contact them, now!"

Captain Martin Starr: "Well?"

"Brittanian! We're sending you data on a Prussian vessel that's chasing us, which you failed to report. What is that thing?!"

"Hmm, never seen it before. Must be a new model."

"You were supposed to inform us of things like this."

"Calm down, lass: it's a ship. Shoot at it and it'll blow up. Currently we have some of our own business to take care of here thanks to your master plan. Good day to you."

"Grr... Insolent... Pilot, contact admiral Santiago!"

"Admiral, get all ships to sector one! Also, send the two nearest ships to my aid! We're taking heavy fire from an unidentified vessel!"

"Duchess, we can't commit all of our forces to the same sector; previously hidden Prussian fightercraft is strafing our remaining ground forces in sectors 2, 3 and 4!"

"You don't need the entire Armada to fight off some fighters! Forget about those ships I asked for, but send all ships you can miss to sector 1 immediately!"

Pilot: "They're gaining on us milady!"

"There's no other choice then. Contact Captain Roberto."

"Captain Roberto, we're going to make a stand. Prepare your men for battle."

"Yes milady!"

On board the Lady Vega... (Ham701)

Captain Roberto: "Prepare to turn and engage! We cannot allow the Duchess to fall on this day!"

On board the Crucifix (Warhead)

"The Emperor is watching us, men!"

Inquistadore Objective: destroy or drive off the Prussian ships. Die if you must, but make sure Duchess Angelica survives / isn't captured.
Inquistadore bonus objective: capture the mysterious Prussian spaceship.

On board the Eagle (Theblackdog)

Lt. Myrna: "This is it boys, let's get them!"

On board the Dominator (RobotMonkey)

Sky Marshal Ritt: "Vorwarts! ZUM ZIEG!"

On board the Mastercutor (commanded by me)

"Dis is going do be vun. As you all kno, I love vor!"

Prussian objective: destroy the enemy ships
Prussian bonus objective: capture Duchess Angelica Del Montero.

Lt. Myrna: "They're turning, seems they're going to make a stand, lord Ritt!"

Sky Marshal Ritt "Very good. Prepare for battle! LONG LIVE NEW PRUSSIA!"

Okay so this is gonna be slow at the start since it's my first Microspace fight, but I figured hosting a forum battle was going to be the only way I was going to get off my ass and learn the rules... Details on the ships can be found in my threads, as for signing up I would prefer players on the Immortal side take the Inquistadores and players on the Anti-Immortal side take the Prussian ships to avoid filthy treachery ;)
Last edited by Bragallot on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:27 am, edited 9 times in total.
Bragallot
Forum Authority on Bragging Rights

Postby Robot Monkey » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:58 pm

Dominator, please!
Robot Monkey
Pooplord

Postby Ham701 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:03 pm

I'll command the Lady Vega, if you don't mind.
stubby wrote: my floppy penis gets first dibs on it for tradition's sake, but it doesn't seem likely that he'll want to stick around long enough to play.

Ham701
Galidor
Galidor

Postby Warhead » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:19 pm

Captain of the Crucifix reporting!
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm

Captain of the Eagle, reporting.

It's so awesome to see microspace battles catching on like Bonn-o-Tron.
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby FISH!!! » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:32 pm

The Eagle, if you'll be so kind.
FISH!!!
Cannon Fodder

Location: At my computer, typing whatever it says in that box->

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:58 pm

FISH!!! wrote:The Eagle, if you'll be so kind.

Uhm...
Just one random act of violence can brighten your day. Especially if it involves explosives.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:00 pm

Just too late, FISH!!! :? But who knows, maybe a stray ship could still join the fight at some point; I'll keep you informed.

Is there any proper rulebook for this or will I have to fudge everything? :)
Encyclopedia Bragtanica - Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles - Crimson Crusade
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
lawmaster wrote:Kill the guy I'm in cc with.
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:39 pm

Olothontor and I have both made rules... use whichever set you want.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:07 pm

Ok, thanks. Based off that and the knowledge of microspace I got from reading it, I'm probably going to make some quick'n'simple stats for all of the ships and go with that... I can always incorporate more rules later (it's how I learned Brikwars as well, my first fight just rolled damage against defence and that was it :)).

I'm likely gonna go with a fixed turn order since it seems more appropriate for this kind of gameplay, and the Mastercutor will go last if everyone's ok with that (otherwise I'd be able to base what I do off your orders).
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:47 pm

Bragallot wrote:Ok, thanks. Based off that and the knowledge of microspace I got from reading it, I'm probably going to make some quick'n'simple stats for all of the ships and go with that... I can always incorporate more rules later (it's how I learned Brikwars as well, my first fight just rolled damage against defence and that was it :)).

I'm likely gonna go with a fixed turn order since it seems more appropriate for this kind of gameplay, and the Mastercutor will go last if everyone's ok with that (otherwise I'd be able to base what I do off your orders).

I always just wrote my orders on a piece of paper before I looked at anyone else's PM's.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Warhead » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:24 pm

Do we get some idea as to our ships abilities? I can give orders but they'd be better with some info... probably. :D
Warhead
Build me an Army worthy of Mordor

Postby Theblackdog » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:06 pm

Warhead wrote:Do we get some idea as to our ships abilities? I can give orders but they'd be better with some info... probably. :D

Bragallot's page on New Prussia and the Inquistadores has vague info on the ships. Not enough to learn your ship's specific capabilities but enough to know where you stand relative to others.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 am

I'll send you the stats... WHen I have them ;)
lawmaster wrote:
Bragallot wrote:
He's already dead.
Kill him again.
Bragallot

Postby Bragallot » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:51 am

I worked out a little system for this, probably a lot is taken from if not the same as the original guides but I just made it into something that I think should work for me. I'm working on ship stats, they'll be sent shortly.

Basics

The core of what you need to know to play.

Pilot crews

The pilots and captain of your ship play an active role. They each have 1 action (so 3 total for you to use) they can use towards operating the ship’s systems, both weapons as others. Their skill is rolled against the UR of the weapon / system. It takes only 1 pilot to fire all the weapons of the same type you have, so one pilot could make all 4 small turrets fire. The same weapon can only be fired once each round, but all pilots could for example attempt to increase shield output.

Possible captain / pilot actions (effects last a round):
- Increase movement output (+1” move) UR: 4
- Increase shield output (+1 to shield) UR: 4
- Increase weapon output (+1 damage) UR: 4
- Increase targeting systems (+1 accuracy) UR: 4
- Use weapon / other system (see ship stats for UR / Effects)

Quick order template:

Title: Round + ship / hero / whatever
Using systems: which pilot does what other than firing.
Automatic systems: they will always automatically shoot the nearest enemy vessel in range, but you could also specify targets.
Heroic feat: optional, but encouraged ;)
Movement: where does your ship go, how does it turn, if it does.
Attacks: which pilot fires which weapon at which part of the enemy ship or possible boarding actions.

Example

Title: Round 4 Captain Hook
Using systems: Slimy Pete attempts to increase movement output.
Automatic systems: My ship's anti-fighter turrets and tower should fire on the enemy bombercraft.
Heroic feat: Captain Hook shouts some 'your momma is so fat...' jokes across the comlink to Peter Pan to make him cry and decrease his skill by -1 for the round.
Movement: My ship moves up beside Peter Pan's.
Shooting: Ugly Joe fires the harpoons at one of Peter Pan's turrets. Captain Hook orders to board the ship. He joins the attack but leaves Slimy Pete and Ugly Joe to steer the ship. Once inside slaughter them all and snuggle their moms. It's the only way to be sure. (Hey, where the hell did that come from?)

Extra

The details of how everything works.

Movement: The basic movement your ship has is free. Just keep in mind turning your ship also costs inches. The ‘inch cost’ is simply the distance the ship has to turn measured from the nose away to it’s new position. This should also make it more difficult for larger ships to turn.

Movement mods (for attacker’s skill rolls)
3”: +1
4”: no mod
5”: -1
(and so on)

Movement indicators: I’ll keep track of the speed at which something is moving by the number of bricks I’ll put behind it. 1” is indicated by 1 dot.

Size mods (kept very simple for this fight)
Size 1 (all craft and ship’s weapons): -1”
Size 2 (the frigates): no mod
Size 3 (everything larger) +1

Destroying weapons: Weapons are destroyed on a succesful hit. Their armour is the same as the ship’s. In the event of a weapon being destroyed the hull is only damaged by the resulting 1d6 explosion + eventual remnants of damage. An area of effect attack may damage the hull and the weapons simultaneously.

Nearmiss: Unless you miss really badly a missed attack against fe a turret will probably still hit the hull of a ship. Missed shots against fighters could take out nearby fighters.

Firing angles: some weapons only shoot in a straight line, others have a wider range. This’ll always be specified in the weapon’s stats.

Firing missiles: Missiles continue moving towards their target after they are fired. If you skillfail they will fly the amount of points you skillfailed off course before readjusting the next round. They can only adjust 1” for every 2” distance crossed and if they pass their target they won’t come around again. On a 1 they explode prematurely.

Boarding: If your ship or boarding pod gets :fudge: (1" or less) to an enemy ship you can board it. For ships this requires an action. The attacker and defender will have to specify whether they want their captains and / or pilots to leave the bridge. Attention: the ship becomes uncontrolable if they leave the bridge. If all defenders are dead the captain / pilots are forced to leave the bridge and join the fight.
Last edited by Bragallot on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bragallot

Next

Return to Forum Battles