Now you can all stop asking about magick

Rules questions, suggestions, and discussion

Moderators: IVhorseman, Pwnerade

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby RedRover » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:16 pm

stubby wrote:Units who think they're super special are actually just completely normal minifigs with a big ego and a fancy hat or something


This seems so true of people in real life
User avatar
RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be
 
Posts: 2418
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:36 pm
Location: CA

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Craigallot » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:04 am

I'm fine with it, it's as much of an advantage as a disadvantage when you think about it (since your own guys can pick up the talismans as well) and it adds another layer to the battle as the SN dice aren't removed from the game as soon as someone goes 'lol all of my guys shot your mage'.
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Falk » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:14 am

:roll: Oops
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
User avatar
Falk
I wanna touch the butt
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Craigallot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:41 am

If you use a staff and a SN die for direct damage, do you get another SN die of damage if you get a 6 or more on the action roll you make for using the staff like you do with normal attacks?
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Texhnophille » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:38 am

Didn't see anything regarding overskill in the dice chapter. :mystery:
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

My lego Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/texhnophilleslegos/
User avatar
Texhnophille
Minifig
 
Posts: 241
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:17 am
Location: Bleeding mother Russia

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby stubby » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:57 am

Bragallot wrote:If you use a staff and a SN die for direct damage, do you get another SN die of damage if you get a 6 or more on the action roll you make for using the staff like you do with normal attacks?

This sounds fine to me. Bennies in general are pretty flexible so I usually leave stuff like this to a judgment call by the players.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Craigallot » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:15 am

Cool. :) I need to make me some casters with supernatural d10's. :twisted:
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Craigallot » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:36 pm

If you don't have your wand / staff for whatever reason, can you use one SN die to add range to the effect of the other SN die?
Zahru II wrote:'HEROIC MEAL TIME DRUNK OFF THAT YE OLDE JACK DAGNALS. HATER PREPARED TO BE MASHED LIKE TATERS, CUZ WE DON'T F*** AROUND. Ah whaddup, dwarf SAWSE.'

Fantasy Battles - Scifi Battles
User avatar
Craigallot
Forum Authority on Craigging Rights
 
Posts: 4782
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:00 pm
Location: work work

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Falk » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:46 pm

yeah, you're supposed to be able to use sn dice together to create spells or whatever.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page
User avatar
Falk
I wanna touch the butt
 
Posts: 927
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:43 pm

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby stubby » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:47 pm

Unless the SN die was actually in the wand or the staff. But SN users don't have to channel their powers through any special pieces of equipment if they don't want to. Wands and staves are just a cheap way to add CC and ranged attacks without having to buy more SN dice.
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?
User avatar
stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook
 
Posts: 5028
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:31 pm

Re: Now you can all stop asking about magick

Postby Vason » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:45 am

stubby wrote:Wands and staves are just a cheap way to add CC and ranged attacks without having to buy more SN dice.




Real SN users rely only on what is in their Heart! And Beard! And Cape! And Pants!
User avatar
Vason
Nice
 
Posts: 69
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 pm
Location: Ohio

Previous

Return to The Rulebook

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest