Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Not Lego but still Lego.

Moderator: The Shadowscythe

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Re: Sky Ruler (LDD RPG)

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Jan 14, 2017 3:52 am

Last edited by Semaj Nagirrac on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:22 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Zupponn wrote:Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Quantumsurfer
Thank god for Kool-Aid™

Post by Quantumsurfer » Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:29 am

Say Whaaaaaaat?

I long to return to these shores.

Zupponn
if you give us money we will give you product

Post by Zupponn » Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:51 pm

Where the hell did Semaj come from?

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sat Jan 14, 2017 9:15 pm

"Sir, I've just returned-"

"What did he say?"

"He said their power is too great and that the welfare of the capitol must be made a priority. He said we're on our own."

Captain Figerth stared straight ahead. A gust of cold air whipped the ruins upon which he stood. "Then we are truly lost. When we fall-"

"If we fall."

The tired captain shook his head. "When we fall, the kingdom will soon after share in our doom."

"What will happen to us?"

"I don't know." he replied, grasping his sword tighter. "It matters little now. The king has forsaken us. Long may he live..."

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:09 pm

"Why haven't you fixed this wagon? We were expected in Ennerset hours ago."

"It looks like the axle, sir. I can give it a temporary solution, but I need more time."

"There isn't much choice, is there? Very well, see that it's done, but hurry. I fear there's an evil upon the wind."

"Aye, sir."

"You there! What are these prisoners doing?"

"They're sitting, sir."

"I can see that. Why are they sitting?"

"We've been stopped for so long they probably decided they needed a rest."

"They can rest when they're dead, which should be as soon as we reach Ennerset. Get them up!"

"Aye,sir."

"Alright you lot! On your feet! You heard what he said!" shouts the soldier to the prisoners.

The knight rides a little way from the caravan, scanning the plains.

"This isn't right..."

You are a prisoner marked for death.

Who are you? What brought you to Dalron before you were captured?

Here is the map for referencing:
The world of Calendri

Download the map:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxj4rpv8d29ns ... i.JPG?dl=0

PM me if you have questions regarding the different lands if you want a lengthy answer. If you want a short answer, just reply here.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

Chulaínna is imprisoned because her touch kills crops and men alike. Her body is a curse, and must be burned. She was brought up in Dar Duatha to act as an assassin, and to poison lands. She escaped captivity, and seeks a cure for her poison touch. She wears thick gloves and clothes.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Jan 16, 2017 1:00 am

"Here's an ugly wretch. What's the story about this one?"

"A Duathan with some curse. Came here looking for a cure."

"A foreigner? I can see why they made her leave."

"What ever you do, don't touch her. The sods that turned her in said she can kill by just laying her finger on you."

"Looking at her has made me sick enough. I didn't think all foreigners were this vile..."

"Doesn't matter. She'll be put down soon."

"And the world will be better for it..."

Chulaínna is a prisoner of Dalron and doomed to die.

Zupponn

Post by Zupponn » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:05 pm

Let me know when Hammerman can lightning down from the sky.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:06 pm

You can do another character if you want in addition to Hammermann. I promise I won't judge you.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:43 pm

I see we're doing the elderscrolls style of starting a game.
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:48 pm

Captain-Camper wrote:I see we're doing the elderscrolls style of starting a game.
Since you know so much, you should make a character and see what happens next. I dare you.

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Tue Jan 17, 2017 12:19 am

Are there rules to creation?
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:34 am

Captain-Camper wrote:Are there rules to creation? By the way, Semaj, it honors my ancestors to even be on the same forum as you.
6. Thanks! It's nice to talk with you too!
7. Use the map above to choose which land you're from. Here are some short descriptions of the different kingdoms:

Northlands: A wild, frozen frontier. Home to the North men. It's warriors are legendary.
Real world cultural equivalent: Norsemen of the Viking Age.

Wuldenburg A cold, snowy land. Home to the Wolf and Bull Clans. The Dragon Clan once held power, but was defeated in a civil war. It's people are descended from the North men.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Southern Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Bohemia.

Falcren An isolated kingdom far to the west. It's people are descended from the North men. Arcane knowledge is widely sought after.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern Germany, Denmark, Frisia, Netherlands.

Dar'Duatha A heavily forested island west of the mainland. It's people once covered most of the world.
Real world cultural equivalent: Celtic Ireland, Scotland and Wales.

The Woodlands A thick forest spanning most of central Calendri. Home to the Forestmen, a wild, free people known to defend themselves from Wuldenburg and Leorsia.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval England and Wales.

Leorsia A young kingdom, once part of the Royander Empire. Laws prohibiting magic are strictly enforced.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval England.

Myrindol Once part of the Royander Empire. Always on the defensive, Myrindol is often attacked by Seltania and the Orcs of Gorash.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern France, Belgium, Netherlands, England.

SeltaniaOnce part of the Royander Empire, Seltania is now a rich and powerful kingdom bent on conquering the world. Allied to the Night Lord of Rend.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Spain, Southern France, Northern Italy, Portugal.

Eth'Driel The last Elvish kingdom in the world. Eth'Driel is a haven of wisdom, knowledge, magic and healing.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Elvish culture.

Karak Benur A confederation of Dwarven city-states. Dwarven copper is ranked among the strongest metals in the land.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Dwarfish culture

Gorash A mountainous region home to many orc and goblin tribes. Chieftains rarely hold power for more than a few years. Allied to the Night Lord of Rend.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's goblin culture of the Misty Mountains and the orcish culture as seen in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.

Hatumid Caliphate Fertile coastal regions in the east contrast greatly with the western desert. Caliphs are more of a figurehead for the common culture of the independent desert tribes and cities.
Real world cultural equivalent: Ayyubid Egypt, Mesopotamia, Arabia.

Kingdom of Champurra A tropical land. It's wealth is greater than almost all of the other kingdoms combined.
Real world cultural equivalent: Medieval Northern India

Yatsu Shogunate An isolated military dictatorship at war with the Genji Emperor. It's warriors are legendary.
Real world cultural equivalent: Northern 16th Century Japan.

Genji Empire An isolated empire at war with the Yatsu Shogunate. It has expanded across the sea to new lands.
Real world cultural equivalent: Southern 16th Century Japan

Greater and Lesser Timpanogas Lush forests in the north, fertile plains in the south. Home to the Timpanog tribes, a primitive people with some of the most adaptable warriors in the world.
Real world cultural equivalent: Pre-Columbian Iroquois Confederacy, Cherokee Nation, Huron Tribes, Dakota Tribes, Cheyenne Tribes.

Kenotilan A wild, tropical land. Many lakes and rivers make this the most humid land in the world. The people of this land make their weapons and tools out of an enchanted obsidian. Foreigners rarely travel here.
Real world cultural equivalent: Pre-Columbian Aztec and Mayan Empire

Kii'Enthdol A subterranean kingdom of the Dark Elves. Once known to raid and capture Elves, Forestmen, Leorsians and Wuldenburgians, the city-state now lays silent, though none dare to tread near that realm.
Real world fictional equivalent: Dark Elf culture of Dungeons and Dragons.

Rend Realm of the Night Lord. The land is covered in a perpetual shadow and the dead walk among the living. Near impossible to infiltrate without the Night Lord knowing.
Real world fictional equivalent: Tolkien's Mordor and Angband.

The Elder Isles An isolated group of islands in the Torn Sea. A great kingdom once ruled a large part of Calendri from the isles until the volcanoes of Rend rose from the depths of the earth. None, not even the Elves, travel this region.

8. PM me if you have any questions. Silverdream and Quantum Surfer can fill you in too since they've played before.
9. Don't ask about Dalron. It's not on the map and you don't deserve to know.

Semaj Nagirrac
Cannon Fodder

Post by Semaj Nagirrac » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:02 pm

Silverdream, if it's just you and me would you be cool with that? No one else seems to care.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:21 pm

:cry: Alright.