|Tek Level 6|
|Located in Artogat sector|
|Third Aliance Pwnies|
History of the Akkadian Empire
The Akkadian Empire began as the population of a single planet; known as Akkadia. It's been theorised this is the resting place of the now-lost spytron faction. The Akkadians were known for their technological advancement and for their sneaky and crafty nature. For many years, the Akkadians developed their planet in relative peace, not interacting with other star nations other than occasional raids against otherstar-nations in an atempt to steal theri technology. However, as time passed, the Akkadians shady reputation got the best of them. And the intergalactic tron council imposed drastic economic sanctions on the planet, bankrupting it's population. Having only one planet to work with, this soon lead to wide-spread famine and disease accross the planet.
However, it was at this time that a militant arm of the secret society known as the Brickmasons lead by the mysterious Piltogg infiltrated the Akkadian homeworld, and with them, came a massive influx of new funding. However, all of this funding went into a single project; the construction of the Juggernaught Captial Ship. Soon, jobs on the capital ship were the only jobs to be found on the entire planet, and the entire population along with all of its resources was devoted towards the massive construction project.
With the Juggernaught's completion, the surface of the planet was even more desolate than it had been before; as anything of value had been loaded on-board the ship. Thus, when the ship was launched into space, the Akkadians had little choice but to board it, and consider the SHIP itself as their new homeworld. Now not so much a population as it is simply the crew of the massive Juggernaught Capital Ship.
Despite the Akkadian StarNation's small size, they are no rag-tag bunch;and are certainly a force to be reconed with. The Akkadian "Empire" constitutes one of the most organised special operations units in the galaxy. The Akkadians don't maintain permanant residence on any planet, and have converted to be a completely space-faring civilization, this helps to avoid detection. Think of them perhaps, as the Brikverse's Mafia, only somehow also combined with Fermilab and NASA and various other scientific organisations, all headed by a secret society governed by a league of assassins.
The Akkadian Empire's primary objective is to produce profit, not necessarily capital profit, but technological profit. Much like the Spytron faction of old, the Akkadians devote a large portion of their time to collecting things. It doesn't really matter to them what sort of things they are collecting, so long as they are powerful, rare, or technologically advanced things. The end purpose of this myriad collection of artifacts and technologies is to do research on them, and combine them into new forms that will give the Akkadian Empire, and more specifically, it's ruling council, more power and influence within the brikverse; thus allowing them to complete their own hidden objectives.
Akkadian science is a bit different than the science of most other star-nations. It's illegitimate science, "Mad-science" if you will, based on combining random things and seeing what works rather than actual experimentation or something like that. Many Akkadian creations are highly volatile and likely to fail, or even explode within the first couple months of use, but eventually stabilize as Akkadian mechanix work out the fleebnorks. This science will stop at nothing, combining mechanical, biological, heroic, and even magical components in order to produce favored results.
The Council of Thirteen
004. “Praetorian Guard of the Mysteries”
008. “Elder Vampire”
010. “Illuminatus Major”
011. “Illuminatus Minor”
012. ”Master Mason”
013. “Fellow of the Craft”
1. The Juggernaught Capital Ship -- Essentially the Akkadian's HomeWorld. Where all of their collections are eventually stored, and where their most secret laboratories and mechanix workshopz are located. The Juggernaught is also the location of the Akkadian ruling council. The ship's specifications and outward appearance are not generally known, as if it has ever been seen before, there were not any survivors, but it is common speculation that it is probably some form of space-hulk with super-natural capabilities.
2. Personal Teleporters: The akkadians have managed to work up a working teleportation device, although it's still pretty unstable, it has proven to be highly effective in anti-SHIP combat.
3. Matter creation/destruction weapons: These weapons are not yet widely distributed, but have seen some action during the campaign near Krysto. It is unknown how they work or why it would be necessary to use them.
4. Boom-sticks: Somebody thought it would be cool to attach an MKII explosive to the end of a spear. It was indeed cool. Suicidal, but cool.
The Cradle of Evil - Victory
Transport Troubles - Defeat
The Conflict on JunglePlanet XXII - Victory
The Sunken City of Arrgghh - Victory
Hope's Last Stand - Victory
Krysto - Victory
Assault on Goatse Bunker - Defeat
The Battle of the Head Seperator - Victory
The Fall of Fico - Victory