|Line 51:||Line 51:|
Revision as of 00:00, 8 September 2013
Elkoss, Also called Brikrigton in the past was the home to the Elkossian Federal Republik,a Union of nearly a dozen Nations. Civilization manifested sometime between G.R 1999 and G.R 2002, And the Republik was just entering the extrasolar age with it's first out-of-system colonies when the planet was suddenly and deliberatly attacked by a tidal wave of Peaches, The Grand Elkossian Army fought valiantly, Inflicting Grevious casualties on the Peach Heathens. But were ultimatley overwhelmed. The Peach armies were charging toward the Planetary Capital, Arcturus. When the Government decided on the unthinkable, and Ordered the Hammer-down protocol
The Few Republik Navy ships that were in the System were ordered to glass the problem area of the planet. The once Proud Empire would suffer a self inflicted Nuklear Holocaust to stop the Peach onslaught, the sacrifice was successful, the back of the Peaches was broken. And the Military was able to push them into retreat. The cost was astronomical, All communication systems were rendered inoperable, 80% of the Population was Killed, and Arcturus was just gone... It is beileved that the Navy Ships simply fell into mutinous chaos with no chain of command back home. And it is unknown what became of the EFR's other worlds, or if they were even invaded at all. It is possible that another world has asserted itself as the new capital, but is more likley that they became isolationists, or simply fell apart.
While it may have been the end of the world as some thought, Minifig Kind marched onward on Elkoss, Remnants of the Government consolidated power and began rebuilding in the Central Region of The planet's largest and least scarred Continent, Other bands of Minifigs began rebuilding their towns and provinces, By G.R 2012, Civilization had been restored to a degree, But the Elkossians had suffered a severe knockback in their Teknology. Most fuel sources were lost or destroyed in the war, and Space Travel was completley out of the question until a renewable energy source could be found or developed. They had gone from the entry to the Star age, to somewhere between the Modern and Space ages.
Civilization was not united under one banner however, Since the EFR's government was largely to blame for the Holocaust, few were willing to move to the Enclave government known as the Elkossian Dominion, There were Anarchist Cultists and another self proclaimed Government to the North, Technology Hoarding Lunatics to the West, Triangle Worshipping Nutbars to the South, and there were still Remnants of the Peach Army to the East, And all around them was what the Governments of all Factions called the "Red Zone", the deadlands, Places so devastated by Nuklear Radiation that life would -never- be able to return there, A place so scarred by nuklear radiation that the very ground comes to life and produces strange animated brik abominations and other strange occurances, There were parts of habitable land beyond the redzone, "Islands" if you will. But to reach them Minifigs would require air travel capability, And Fuel was hard enough to supply for land vehicles and industrial use, let alone long distance airtravel, Colonization of the rest of Elkoss would have to wait.
- Elkoss Dominion
- Elkossian New Republic
- Techon Sovereignty
- Minifigs of the Apocalypse
- Great Triangle Society
- Peach Remnants
- Various Tribes
- Brik Mutants
While not unique or exclusive to the Planet, The various Elkossian Factions are known to make use of a number of special Teknologies and Weapons.
- Infantry Armor - Regardless of where he calls home, Most Elkossian footsoldiers wear padded suits with composite armor covering most of their head and body. Lighter armor is normally only worn by non-frontline units or those from poorer regions. Additionally, Outside of safe zones, All figs may have to wear encased helmets or even full suits to protect from the harsh elements and after effects of the WMDs
- Pre-War Weaponry - Most of the weaponry used by Elkossian Militaries are leftovers that were scavenged and/or repaired from the stockpiles of weapons left over from the Peach War, Some Factions are known to control old weapon factories, and they reproduce "New" Pre War design weapons and Ammunition
- Post-War Weaponry - While technically any weapon made after the war is "Post-War", Some groups have made new designs, everything from the Refined, Elegant Dominion weaponry, Advanced Techon energy weapons, to the opposite end of the spectrum, in the ramshackle scrap weapons produced by the GTS
- GT - Almost exclusivley used by the Techon Sovereignty, Green Transparent energy weapons are not as powerful as OT, But the material is more abundant and controllable than OT, and is often used in ranged weaponry
- UGVs - Also known as Drones, Several factions make heavy use of Solar and Electrical powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles instead of gas powered conventional vehicles, The UGVs are made into a number of roles, like Infantry Support MG vehicles, Supply Carriers, and even Light Tanks.
- Medikal Tools - Using crucial equipment that was developed just before the war, Mediks have the ability to revive fallen comrades if they are able to reach them fast enough and provided the body is intact, The teknology is not perfect though, Low quality revival equipment is known to occasionally leave the fig insane or incredibly angry upon revival. Some Expert Mediks are able to revive moderatley dismembered bodies Known as two-stage revival, But the procedure cannot be done in the heat of battle, and is rather complicated. So two-stage revival is typically only done to minifigs or soldiers of importance, or if a power is in desperate need of numbers. Victors of a battle often collect the bodies of both sides after a fight, Revive the friends that they can, and dispose of the enemy bodies *not before stealing their equipment and weaponry though*