Early History and the Elkossian Federal Republic
Elkoss, known as Brikrigton until G.R 2008-2009 Is the Capital planet of the Elkossian Star Republic. Civilization is believed to have appeared in G.R 1994 but could have been as late as G.R 1992, Brikrigton suffered from a developmental lag as some groups of Minifigs continued to evolve and advance their settlements, whereas others lagged behind in the Stone and Metal ages. These primitive enclaves would remain until G.R 2007 when they were rounded up and put in the "Zoo". From G.R 2001 to G.R 2005 the planet, now known as Elkoss. Suffered a devastating world war which saw the countries of the United Union and Elberusyn Federation square off against one another over the border region of Belkraine. The war ended in a United Union/Belkrainian victory, and with the power vaccuum left by the demise of the Elberusyns. The United Union used it's unchallenged dominion over the planet to reorganize all the nations on the planet into the "Elkossian Federal Republic". From here, the EFR could peacefully expand into space and begin colonizing nearby systems. This was the beginning of the Elkossian Star Republic
Elkossioan Star Republic
Elkoss began it's space exploration as early as G.R 2000 when Ice World explorers crash landed on the planet after a fight in the cockpit of their vessel. Local space agencies started ramping their efforts to explore outer space in search for new civilizations and new things. In G.R 2005 shortly after the unification treaty was established on Elkoss, the EFR came in contact with a faction that called itself the "Vincenti Dominion". the VD and EFR would sign a trade and development treaty, helping each other in the form of trading rare materials and items, as well as assisting in the development of each others teknology. The partnership was not to last however, by G.R 2006 the two had been in the midst of a "Cold War" and were fueling an arms race. Just when the Dominion / EFR cold war looked as if it was about to go hot, the Dominion was suddenly invaded and utterly destroyed by a then unknown force. The EFR moved in to supply Aid, and upon discovering that the Vincenti government was few and far between, elected to annex the territory. There were no signs of the hostile race that exterminated the Vincentis, and they appeared to have simply passed through.
After the conclusion of the Vincenti / Elkossian cold war, the EFR renamed itself the Elkossian Star Republic. Between it's own colonizations and the annexation of abandoned and crippled Vincenti systems, the Elkossians now sat on an empire of 74 star systems. The ESR had another brief period of peace which it was unchallenged to expand. Furthering it's control to 93 Systems before it came into it's next conflict. In G.R 2006 it fought a brief war against a NegaBlok Incursion into it's territory, at the time the NegaBlokians were assumed to have been the force that wiped out the Vincentis. The NegaBlokians had superior starships in this short conflict, but was utterly incompetent on the ground where the Elkossian Army and Marines handed them multiple defeats. Eventually the NegaBlokian fleet remnants pissed off to another sector, never to be seen again. After the Vincenti incident and the Nega Blok incursion, this began the first "Era of peace and expansion" which saw the establishment of several of the ESR's most important colony systems, like Kazmazia, Sokolov, Mozorov, Lazar and Larry.
G.R 2009 brought contact between the ESR and another fledgling space empire called the "Z Corp" on the planet Zircon. The ESR attempted to uplift this faction and supplied them with aid, the Z Corp would immediately piss away what was given them and either sell it or trade it with local pirates and smugglers. It wasn't long until Zircon was invaded by the ESR. The war was over in a matter of weeks and at it's conclusion the ESR annexed the Zircon system and began it's second and final "Era of peace and expansion". This era would last until G.R 2011 when the empire found itself in a war in which it's very existence would be held by a thread.
The Great War and The Collapse
In the last days of G.R 2011, The colony systems of Larry and Lazar sent out distress calls to the homeworld that they were under attack by pirates on a massive scale. ESR Authorities issued a full scale mobilization and planned to send the bulk of it's military to it's western fringe to combat the apparent pirate invasion coming from that direction. While en route, the planetary governer of Lazar sent a message to the incoming ESR fleet to hold their positions and defend the homeworld. Larry had been completely destroyed as the local military detonated nuclear weapons on it's planet to stop the invasion. The "Pirates" invading Lazar retreated and regrouped, having traced the transmissions between Larry and Lazar to Elkoss, they determined the location of the homeworld and target it instead. Within two weeks the "Pirates" had arrived. Massive cargo ships began penetrating the planet's defenses and unloading thousands of troops. These pirates were revealed to be Peaches from an unknown Forest Planet somewhere in the 45th Union systems to the west. While poorly equipped, the "Peach Liberation Army" was gargantuan in number. Their charge on Elkoss was nothing short of a tidal wave of scum. The Elkossian Army, Space Navy and Marines fought valiantly, Some estimates count the PLA outnumbering the ESR by as many as 10 to 1. Elkossian Ground forces brought their heavy weapons and armor to bear on the PLA hoardes, inflicting grevious and massive casualties on them. This appeared to have little to no effect on their morale or fighting capacity however.
The war dragged on for 6 months, The ESR being pushed back slowly but steadily. As cities across the homeworld went dark, chaos started ensuing across the empire as colony systems panicked and fell into disarray. To the Government, It had become clear that this was the end, The Military on the other hand, utterly rejected this defeatist view and swore that they would fight the scum to the very last, No matter the Cost. ESR Navy Admiral King Shitz enacted a military coup on the ESR's government. Shitz had a plan to end the war, a daring last ditch campaign that would give the Elkossian Ground Forces a fighting chance. He called on the Naval Fleet stationed in the Voldoga and Volsk systems to rush to the planet's aid. Battlegroup Voldoga would sacrifice itself in drawing off the attention of the PLA carriers and battleships, while Battlegroup Volsk would initiate "Hammer Down" The launching of almost 1000 Nuclear and OT Chemical missiles onto the planet's surface. Hammer Down was a plan to bomb the PLA into oblivion and give the remaining Elkossian Army a fighting chance to turn the tide.
Operation Hammer Down was initiated on July 2, G.R 2012. By this point the only regions left on Elkoss that still had any life were that of the United Union, Elberus, Belkraine and the Bay Islands. All other areas on the planet had already been conquered and occupied by the PLA. The Nuclear arsenal was brought down on the PLA and within a few short hours. Millions of peach scum were atomized. The strike had all but broken the back of the PLA assault, and pushed to the brink of existence, the Elkossian Army turned the tide and defeated the PLA. Elkoss had been saved, at the price of millions of lives, And more than 80% of it's surface was now scorched. The PLA Navy tried to surrender, but Battlegroup Voldoga ignored their pleas and nuked them all the same.
After losing contact with the Capital Government for many months, many of the colonies became isolationist, independent, or dissolved into chaos and anarchy. The remaining government on Elkoss consolidated itself in the United Union mainland and began the slow process of rebuilding. However there were still many pockets of civilization left on the planet, and many had been completley cut off from the government for months. The legitimate remnants of the ESR government based itself in the United Union, but outside of that territory there were no fewer than four "New Governments" that had propped up on the continent. As well as many smaller tribes, bands, gangs and independent settlements. While the Elkossian government still commanded some authority in the colonial empire, it had lost dominion over it's own home world. While nearly all of these new governments shared a common interest in restoring the nation's glory. They all had very different ideas on how to go about them. The New Republic wanted to focus on peace, trade and development. The Commonwealth wanted to focus on exploration, development and ascending to new existence with use of technology. The Triangular State wanted to convert the entire galaxy to it's religion of worshipping the Triangle God, and the "Confederation" was little more than raiders and warlords who wanted more war and glory. All of these powers were in conflict with the Elkossian Enclave government who just wanted to rebuild and go back to the status quo. It wouldn't be long until these factions ran into one another. And Elkoss would gear up for another war. And the ESR's colonies would lend their support to the various factions.
Notable ESR Systems
Due to the events of the PLA war and the massive political instability that followed across the Empire, many systems have gone their seperate ways, engaged in their own civil wars. Or are simply rebuilding and waiting for the outcome of the events on Elkoss. A handful of systems have been providing logistical and military support to the factions on the Capital, and occasionally fight with one another in the ESS
- Elkoss - Home system, previously known as Brikrigton Currentley embroiled in post collapse civil war to determine the greater Empire's direction
- Caspia - Supports the Enclave
- Protox - Supports the Commonwealth
- Kurva - A system primarily used for agriculture, Known to produce very angry and vulgar farmers with hair trigger tempers.
- Larry - completely destroyed during the PLA war
- Lazar - completely destroyed during the PLA war
- Vincent - Former capital of the Vincenti Dominion
- Outer Haven - Paradise system that became a bed for religious infighting and sectarian violence Currently embroiled in a civil war between factions that support the Triangular State and New Republic
- Kazmazia - Supports the Enclave, but is at war with the Mozorovan Separatist government and Communist insurgents from the Mozorovan Federation
- Mozorov - Secceeded from the Empire in G.R 2013, Declared itself the Mozorovan Federation, an Independent state. Is thought to be a puppet of the USSSR
- Sokolov - Noted for having abundant OT deposits
- Glub - Lost all contact during the PLA war, status is unknown
- Zircon - Former capital of Z Corp, Still a poverty stricken dump to this day Supports the New Republic
- Rektum - Former Z Corp system, now used as a weapons testing and garbage dumping system Supports the New Republic
- Volsk - Home to the fleet that initiated Operation: Hammer Down Supports the Enclave
Post Collapse Factions
The Elkossian Colonial governments split into several splinter factions after the PLA war, Some declared themselves the new capital "Such as the case with Mozorov, which declared itself both the new Elkossian Capital and rebranded itself as the "Mozorovan Federation" Some time after communications were Re-established with the homeworld, Some systems pledged alleigance to the old government. But almost all ESR systems had their own rebuilding to do. Military and Economical cooperation between the ESA Systems slowed considerably.
On the homeworld, Several Political factions had sprung up, and their tendancies spread across the empire. While across the empire there would be small secterian conflicts between these Elkoss based factions, A much larger conflict brewed on the homeworld itself. A conflict which would shape the Empire's next direction.
The situation in the E.S.S can best be described as a civil war with countless factions locked in brutal sectarian violence. While in the homeworld system, a Civil war of it's own rages and largely influences the fates of the rest of the empire for whoever ends the war on Elkoss on their terms, will be seen as the legitimate government of the empire by the rest of the remaining Colonies.
The main factions of the Post Collapse Civil War, and the larger Imperial divisions in which they represent
The "Elkossian Star Empire" Refers to the collective federation of systems within the E.S.S, as it is not a unified faction, no faction can technically represent it on the Imperial level
- Elkossian Enclave and the Elkossian Federal Republic
- New Elberus Republic and the Elkossian New Republic
- Belkrainian Commonwealth and the Commonwealth of Elkoss
- Triangular State, and the Most Serene Triangular State of the Elkossian Space Sector
There are also a number of factions who exist on Elkoss, but have no form of support from the rest of the Empire
- Raider Confederation, Who have no Imperial backing outisde of Elkoss poper
- RUDENET Synthetic Singularity, who are regarded as a rogue AI that must be destroyed
- Peach Liberation Army Remnants
- Various Tribes, Gangs, and Independent Settlements
This section is no longer Kanon and is due to be redacted
While not unique or exclusive to the Planet, The various Elkossian Factions are known to make use of a number of special Teknologies and Weapons.
- Infantry Armor - Regardless of where he calls home, Most Elkossian footsoldiers wear padded suits with composite armor covering most of their head and body. Lighter armor is normally only worn by non-frontline units or those from poorer regions. Additionally, Outside of safe zones, All figs may have to wear encased helmets or even full suits to protect from the harsh elements and after effects of the WMDs
- Pre-War Weaponry - Most of the weaponry used by Elkossian Militaries are leftovers that were scavenged and/or repaired from the stockpiles of weapons left over from the Peach War, Some Factions are known to control old weapon factories, and they reproduce "New" Pre War design weapons and Ammunition
- Post-War Weaponry - While technically any weapon made after the war is "Post-War", Some groups have made new designs, everything from the Refined, Elegant Dominion weaponry, Advanced Techon energy weapons, to the opposite end of the spectrum, in the ramshackle scrap weapons produced by the GTS
- GT - Almost exclusivley used by the Techon Sovereignty, Green Transparent energy weapons are not as powerful as OT, But the material is more abundant and controllable than OT, and is often used in ranged weaponry
- UGVs - Also known as Drones, Several factions make heavy use of Solar and Electrical powered Unmanned Ground Vehicles instead of gas powered conventional vehicles, The UGVs are made into a number of roles, like Infantry Support MG vehicles, Supply Carriers, and even Light Tanks.
- Medikal Tools - Using crucial equipment that was developed just before the war, Mediks have the ability to revive fallen comrades if they are able to reach them fast enough and provided the body is intact, The teknology is not perfect though, Low quality revival equipment is known to occasionally leave the fig insane or incredibly angry upon revival. Some Expert Mediks are able to revive moderatley dismembered bodies Known as two-stage revival, But the procedure cannot be done in the heat of battle, and is rather complicated. So two-stage revival is typically only done to minifigs or soldiers of importance, or if a power is in desperate need of numbers. Victors of a battle often collect the bodies of both sides after a fight, Revive the friends that they can, and dispose of the enemy bodies *not before stealing their equipment and weaponry though*