Intent to Post Army

Pay attention

Moderator: Bonn-o-Tron

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Intent to Post Army

Post by AZKAMAT » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Evening All,

Not sure if this where to state/ask this, but sometime this month I'd like to post my Brikwars army. Like the rest of you do. I've been biding my time pretty much since joining to have an army I'd be happy with to display, and now I have one.

However, I'm not quite sure how to do so. All the more so with the recent issues with Photobucket apparently demanding 400 shekels for access (fyi I also never used PB). Any suggestions/advice about how to do this in terms of uploading the pictures or even photography advice would be great!

Lastly, if I've posted this in the wrong place; I'm sorry and please just move this where it belongs and notify me of where it went.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Kant b'leev uh wun! Image

bann154
bann is the mann

Re: Intent to Post Army

Post by bann154 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

AZKAMAT wrote:Evening All,

Not sure if this where to state/ask this, but sometime this month I'd like to post my Brikwars army. Like the rest of you do. I've been biding my time pretty much since joining to have an army I'd be happy with to display, and now I have one.

However, I'm not quite sure how to do so. All the more so with the recent issues with Photobucket apparently demanding 400 shekels for access (fyi I also never used PB). Any suggestions/advice about how to do this in terms of uploading the pictures or even photography advice would be great!

Lastly, if I've posted this in the wrong place; I'm sorry and please just move this where it belongs and notify me of where it went.
To be honest imgur.com is probably the best to go with (in my experience) for photo hosting and its really easy to post pictures they actually have a button to copy the image with the required tags for posting on the forums. Another large thing is resizing the images if they are to large its nearly impossible to see the army itself 800x600 is usually the best . As for taking the pictures themselves a few things to keep in mind are to have a clear space. Honestly this is a big part if you have a blank or rather bland area to take pictures its easier to see the detail rather than looking at stuff in a sea of other things. This is just my experience im no pro or anything. Finally i would say that you might have posted in the wrong area really something like this that has more questions than statements fits better in general discussion. Hope this helps!
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

Tzan
Has anyone ever used those holes before?
Has anyone ever used those holes before?

Post by Tzan » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:54 pm

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:47 pm

bann154 wrote:Lastly, if I've posted this in the wrong place; I'm sorry and please just move this where it belongs and notify me of where it went.
To be honest imgur.com is probably the best to go with (in my experience) for photo hosting and its really easy to post pictures they actually have a button to copy the image with the required tags for posting on the forums. Another large thing is resizing the images if they are to large its nearly impossible to see the army itself 800x600 is usually the best . As for taking the pictures themselves a few things to keep in mind are to have a clear space. Honestly this is a big part if you have a blank or rather bland area to take pictures its easier to see the detail rather than looking at stuff in a sea of other things. This is just my experience im no pro or anything. Finally i would say that you might have posted in the wrong area really something like this that has more questions than statements fits better in general discussion. Hope this helps![/quote]

Thanks! The hosting site suggestion was the one I was really after with the PB shakeup. Appreciate the 800X600 dimension suggestion too.

Also, thanks Tzan. I had looked over that some years ago but a review can't hurt. Also, I've posted some of my Brikwars stuff to my old dA account so I have some familiarity with the problems of taking photos.
Check out mah BOL's of STIL! http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16612

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:43 pm

Imgur's good, and Flickr works for me...
Another thing would be to DEFINITELY make a light box, just to make a white background, but obviously that's entirely up to you.
Other than that, I can't really think of much.... :P
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.

AZKAMAT
Minifig

Post by AZKAMAT » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:12 pm

Hiremas Alkerith wrote:Imgur's good, and Flickr works for me...
Another thing would be to DEFINITELY make a light box, just to make a white background, but obviously that's entirely up to you.
Other than that, I can't really think of much.... :P
When I took pictures for dA I used to just put them up against a white background on a light-colored flooring would that do?

AnnoyedZebra
Somebody make this Zebra's rank.

Post by AnnoyedZebra » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:12 pm

That will do fine
Image Image

Captain-Camper
seriously?

Post by Captain-Camper » Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:41 pm

White sheet of paper for a single fig or small vehicles
"Tallyho lads, snuggle the houses and burn the women! Leave not a single potted plant alive! Full speed ahead and damn the cheesemongers"

Hiremas Alkerith
Cannon Fodder

Post by Hiremas Alkerith » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:31 am

Sure, that works just fine!!
AnnoyedZebra wrote: why is the dork knights groin shiny?
Stubby wrote:It's a dork in shining armor. Really, if you're going to be a dork knight, the dork has to be the shiniest part.