RTS players and games

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

stardust
Champion
Champion

RTS players and games

Post by stardust » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:33 am

What are your faves of the genre, if any? I'm quite partial to Supreme Commander and Sins of a Solar Empire. I've tweaked/modded both, but only small projects that are for my own enjoyment. Influence from those stem from Total Annihilation, which I basically grew up on. Didn't play Starcraft until much, much later; while I thought the story was amazing there, the gameplay, frankly, stank. I don't care what they're armed with, ground troops should not be able to shoot down starships!

But that's just my two cents. Anyone else want to chime in?
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Joshua
Cannon Fodder

Re: RTS players and games

Post by Joshua » Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:19 am

I'll chime in!

I'm a big fan of Starcraft II, and Warcraft 3. Starcraft II's story is, eh, alright. I'm more of a competitive 1v1 player, so much of my time is spent on the ladder.
When you say the gameplay stank, are you talking about BroodWar, or Starcraft II?

I recently decided to play Warcraft 3 some. I like the story surrounding it, and controlling and leveling up a hero is soo much different from Starcraft. I mostly play vs ai, though, as most other real players annihilate me.

Besides that, I don't really play other Real Time Strategy.
Remember, as a wise man once said: "Nihil Est Quod Videtur"

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:33 pm

Started with the classics when they were not yet 'classics'. Age of Empires, Starcraft, Red Alert, Tiberian Sun. Knights and Merchants is another game I played a lot. Then AoE 2, Warcraft 3, Rise of Nations, Command & Conquer 3, Dawn of War... probably some I'm forgetting. At some point I got into Total War and played nearly all of the titles. I played Grey Goo as well but that franchise never really took off. RIP Westwood. Currently playing Iron Harvest.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:48 pm

I know this post is a bit old but its the only active one in here and I am a big RTS fan who loves to chime in on it.
I played all the big name AoE, AoW, Civ, C&C, Warcraft, War Hammer, Starcraft, EE, a bunch I don't remember basically if it was an RTS I bought it.
Any of you guys play the Age of Wonders series; 1, 2, 2 1/2, 3, ect? I am a big fan of those games and would be up for online play of 2 and 2 1/2 ( Shadow Magic).
Also really like Northguard. its a bit light on the unite strategy side and has a bit of RNG to how well you will do at the start, but I would be up for an online game.

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:46 pm

I'm currently playing WarCraft 3 campaign and it's incredibly good how the power balance of all the factions is handled, all the way down to how the worker units perform in each individual army. And the story is awesome too.

Other than that, I play modded Empire at War (the Remake mod) quite often because the space battles in there are starfighter-focused which I like quite a lot.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

SirZaphod
Nice Dubs

Post by SirZaphod » Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:16 pm

Warcraft 3 was great fun! Its too bad that Blizzard wont make a new one, though I doubt they could pull it off now days what with the way the company is going.
I can't believe how old it is now I remember play Warcraft 2 when it came out and it blowing my mind.

Screech
Nice Dubs

Post by Screech » Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:29 pm

I play Stellaris, which is a game the discord admins really dislike, despite allowing awesome space battles and wars to conquer the galaxy.
Kastrenzo wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:39 pm
bubba and jed are fighting over who gets to fuck the pig, again