Titan World - Chat RPG

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Titan World - Chat RPG

Post by Silverdream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:19 pm

I really like the system, and I think it's a shame Ross hasn't updated his thread in a while, but I think this would be much easier if I ran it 1-3 nights a week in the brikwars chat. If you haven't seen Attack on Titan, I reccomend it. You can watch all episodes legally for free here, or on netflix. This will be done in a parallel universe to attack on Titan, so while you may see a familiar face here or there and there will be a few similiarities in the overall story, I'm going to try to make a few things original. If he continues to run it, I don't think either game will detract from the other. Anyways,
Ross_Varn wrote:Image
Opening Crawl wrote:Long ago, the world belonged to humans. Those days vanished, however, when the Titans came.

The origins of the Titans remain shrouded in mystery. All we know is that their rise was sudden and brutal, and soon, they were everywhere. Massive and all but indestructible, the Titans sought nothing but to eat humans. And eat they did - before long, humans had been pushed to the brink of extinction.

Now this world belongs to the Titans. All that remains of humanity lives in a single nation, surrounded by three enormous walls. The world beyond the walls is a dangerous one, full of ravenous Titans that seek nothing more than to consume human flesh. Behind the walls, humanity is safe - but all it would take is a single breach to plunge humanity into chaos once more. If the first wall were to break, half of humanity’s territory would be lost. If the second were to break, what little remained would not be able to support even its own population, let alone the refugees from outside. If the third wall broke, then every last human would surely be devoured.

You have just graduated from the military training corps, and been trained in the dangerous craft of fighting Titans. People like you patrol the walls, keep the peace, and go on expeditions beyond the walls to unearth resources and information. You do not know the true horror of battle between man and Titan.

But you will.

Welcome to Titan World.
The full rules are three pages long, and viewable here. System's based on 2d6 +/- some odds, your character levels up when they survive a mission and has minimally less chance to die horribly in terrible ways, and rookies die a lot. Here's how you get in on the juicy action, and how the titans get at your juicy human-flesh:
  • NAME: Pick a first name. No, not a last. Rookies don't get last names, characters do.
    STATS: Assign +2, +1, +1, +0, -1 to the following five stats- Agility: Execution: Awareness: Discipline: Rage:
    GEAR: Spare Gas, Spare Blades, Rifle or Flare Gun. Pick one.
    Finally, hit "post". Congrats, you've got a new rookie character. You'll be doing this a few times, probably.
Read over the Basic Moves page of the rules- and hell, the rest of them too, it's less than three pages of relevant stuff.
Edit: Here is a convenient picture locating timezones. Please write your number so that we can easily organize games:

For example, I'm at -8.

Rookie List:
Spoiler
Show
Joachim
Agility: +2
Execution -1
Awareness 1
Discipline 1
Rage 0
Spare Gas
Time Zone -5

Bill
Execution +1
Agility +1
Awareness -1
Discipline +0
Rage +2
Flare Gun

Sectos
Discipline: +1
Awareness : +2
Agility: +1
Execution: +0
Rage: -1
Weapon: rifle
Time zone : -5
Casualty List:
Spoiler
Show
DETHGLOOMER
Agility: 0
Execution: -1
Awareness: +2
Rage: -2
Rifle
Time zone: -6

Troja
Agility:+1
Execution: +1
Awareness: +2
Discipline:-1
Rage: 0
Spare Gas
Time zone -5

Patrick
+2 discipline
+1 awareness
+1 execution
+0 rage
-1 agility
Equipment: extra gas

Orloux
Awareness: +1
Discipline: -1
Rage: +2
GEAR: Spare Gas
Timezone = -8
Character List:
Spoiler
Show
Name: Marcus Neuman
Class: Warrior
Looks: compact body, war-weary face
Level 2
Luck: 2
Agility +2
Execution +2
Awareness +0
Discipline -1
Rage +1
Equipment: Extra Blades
Playbook: Into the Fray, Combat Momentum, Easiest Way Out

Name: Jeremy Burka
Class: Leader
Looks:Tall body, inspiring face.
Level 2
Discipline +2
Agility +1
Rage +1
Awareness +0
Execution +0
Equipment: spare gas
Playbook: Heroic Rescue and We Stand As One, Commands Favorite

Name: Tyrone Clay
Class: The Natural
Looks: Muscular body, Young face.
Level 4
Agility:+3
Execution:+2
Awareness:+0
Discipline:+0
Rage:+1
Playbook:Acrobatic Stunt, Scout Ahead, Lightning Dispatch
Equipment: Spare Gas
Timezone= -6

Level Three
Joachim Wagner
Natural

Joachim is very young and very inexperienced. He's a quiet, attractive young man, always aware of and attentive to other people. He's likable enough in calm, pleasant social situations and those who take the time to get to know him often describe him as thoughtful and considerate. But he's extremely fearful in combat, only showing an ounce of real courage when his compatriots are in danger. While his slight frame may shake and quiver in anticipation of confrontation, he carries it with an easy grace and is usually able to master himself long enough to get done what needs doing.

Moves:
  • Acrobatic Stunt
  • Scout Ahead
  • Break Through (Advanced Move)
  • Opportunist (Advanced Move)
Stats:
  • Agility 3 (Agility +1)
  • Execution -1
  • Awareness 1
  • Discipline 1
  • Rage 0
  • Luck 2
Gear:
  • Maneuvering Gear
  • Two Titan Slaying Swords
  • Spare Gas
[/quote]

Name: Bill Bunyan
Class: Shifter
Huge Body, Unreadable Face, Steam-Covered Titan
Level 1
Awareness: -1
Discipline: +0
Equipment: Flare Gun
Playbook: Titan Transformation, Titanic Power, Regeneration, Abberant Form: Huge

Mission Logs:
Spoiler
Show
FIRST SESSION:

Wall Maria has been opened by a Colossal Titan. Several brave soldiers die as titans ravage Zhiganshima. A soldier attempts to close the gates, but he is killed and the gates are destroyed by an explosion. Marcus is promoted to sergeant. Marcus, Jeremy and Tyrone are able to save several lives. Tyrone saves a former criminal and two kids, and the other two save four kids. They are broken, but still remain alive.

SECOND SESSION

Our heroes join up with Miriam Baxter's corps and attempt to delay the titans. Tyrone is able to kill a 30m titan and Orloux distracts the titans so that the rest of his squad can escape safely to the town hall. The civilians have escaped.

THIRD SESSION

Bill Bunyan goes unconscious, and he's brought into the infirmary. Jeremy discovered a girl, Lt. Magdalene Adansen, who ordered cannons to fire on soldiers during the battle of Zhiganshima and soldiers to fire on civilians. Jeremy discovers that half of the soldiers that were supposed fight with Marcus Squad ran before the battle even started in the second session. Marcus discovered that Miriam Baxter was killed by a grenade, similiar to the device that destroyed the exit of Zhiganshima. Lt. Adansen orders the squad to go forth and report her assassination and the sabotage of the wall to the authorities before killing herself. The four escape the town with supplies on two horses. Jeremy is able to keep Marcus together after he almost loses it.

FOURTH SESSION

Our heroes find a small town to rest in, and disturb two people: a brother and a sister who build rifles (Rachel & Roy). Each of them has a different dream. Marcus dreams of being herded into a dark library, Tyrone dreams of a blue and white crane standing on a field of bones, Jeremy dreams of a burning farm while people laugh and applaud it, and Joachim dreams of a sunny field of wheat and soldiers going through it. They also find one new horse, and three other horses slashed to death. Marcus flips out and scares Roy after finding out that he played with small bombs. Joachim notices a silence. Tyrone sees a guy in the forest with a rifle run away. The four make it to the wall and to the nearest commander (an old bald man with a mustache). He has them arrested due to the possibility of them deserting and because their claims need to be evaluated.

FIFTH SESSION

The judge finds the party guilty of desertion, and they're sentenced to ten years' service in a penal battalion. The log of the conversation between Tyrone and Commander Mannington is edited, and doesn't mention the bombings or Adansen's real orders. Instead the orders were to fight to the last. The soldier's face was memorized by Tyrone. It was pale, blonde and round. The party was then sent to a training camp.

SIXTH SESSION

The party arrives at a training camp for the Penal Battalion. Jeremy is able to stop Marcus from being branded, and instead his punishment is changed to flogging. Tyrone pisses on a wall, after putting his dick next to an iron bar. The three other soldiers of Squad Marcus are ordered to flog Marcus, and they do. However, Joachim rebels and beats a guard, and Marcus starts a riot. A lot of stuff happens in the ensuing battle, but our heroes ultimately wind up okay. The Warden is knocked out, and the inmates appear to have some ease in taking the fortress back.

SEVENTH SESSION

The party escaped from prison, with a lot of bread, some meat, 3 pistols, a rifle, civilian clothes, maps of beyond the wall, and Clarissa, the secretary to the Warden.
MEDALS
Spoiler
Show
MEDAL OF GREAT VALOUR

Orloux is awarded a medal of valour for sacrificing himself to the titans to save his squad.

MEDAL OF GLORY

Tyrone is awarded a medal of glory for killing a 30m titan almost singlehandedly, saving his squad.
Recorded Titan Kills:

Marcus Neuman: 7
Tyrone Clay: 3
Last edited by Silverdream on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:24 pm, edited 36 times in total.
This sig is too fucking large: show anyway
Image lol j/k

Chinook
Officer

Re: Titan World - Chat RPG

Post by Chinook » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Orloux

Awareness: +1
Discipline: -1
GEAR: Spare Gas

Timezone = -8
Last edited by Chinook on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No one is home

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:25 pm

Time Zone -5

Rookie
Spoiler
Show
Joachim

Agility 2
Execution -1
Awareness 1
Discipline 1
Rage 0

Spare Gas

Level 1
Spoiler
Show
Joachim Wagner
Natural

Joachim is very young and very inexperienced. He's a quiet, attractive young man, always aware of and attentive to other people. He's likable enough in calm, pleasant social situations and those who take the time to get to know him often describe him as thoughtful and considerate. But he's extremely fearful in combat, only showing an ounce of real courage when his compatriots are in danger. While his slight frame may shake and quiver in anticipation of confrontation, he carries it with an easy grace and is usually able to master himself long enough to get done what needs doing.

Moves:
  • Acrobatic Stunt
  • Scout Ahead
Stats:
  • Agility 3 (Agility +1)
  • Execution -1
  • Awareness 1
  • Discipline 1
  • Rage 0
  • Luck 2
Gear:
  • Maneuvering Gear
  • Spare Gas
Level Two
Spoiler
Show
Joachim Wagner
Natural

Moves:
  • Acrobatic Stunt
  • Scout Ahead
Stats:
  • Agility 3 (Agility +1)
  • Execution -1
  • Awareness 1
  • Discipline 1
  • Rage 0
  • Luck 2
Gear:
  • Maneuvering Gear
  • Spare Gas
Level Three
Spoiler
Show
Joachim Wagner
Natural

Moves:
  • Acrobatic Stunt
  • Scout Ahead
Stats:
  • Agility 3 (Agility +1)
  • Execution -1
  • Awareness 1
  • Discipline 1
  • Rage 0
  • Luck 2
Gear:
  • Maneuvering Gear
  • Spare Gas
Level Four
Joachim Wagner
Natural

Moves:
  • Acrobatic Stunt
  • Scout Ahead
  • Lightning Dispatch (Advanced Move)
Stats:
  • Agility 3 (Agility +1)
  • Execution -1
  • Awareness 1
  • Discipline 1
  • Rage 0
  • Luck 2
Gear:
  • Maneuvering Gear
  • Spare Gas
Last edited by Quantumsurfer on Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:39 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:26 pm

Name: Marcus
A villager from the rich town of Trost. Joined the military with the intent of entering the military police, but found himself excluded from the top 10 and wound up in the Survey Corps instead. Bitter about his lot and the world in general.
Stats: Agility +1, Execution +2, Awareness +0, Discipline -1, Rage +1
Gear: Flare Gun.
Last edited by Theblackdog on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:29 pm

Sorry Blackdog, you can RP as your character, but giving him a last name is fleshing him out too much. Until he's survived a mission, he's nothing but a first name rookie.
Image lol j/k

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:40 pm

Changed, sorry.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:03 pm

Okay, now that we've got a minimum amount of players, I can start to schedule stuff.

I'm pretty much free for all of this weekend and on Monday nights (7-12). I can also do late Thursday nights (8-12) at -8. What about you guys?
Image lol j/k

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:50 pm

Troja

Agility:1
Execution:1
Awareness:2
Discipline:-1
Rage:0

Time zone -5
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:56 pm

So your 7-12 is my 10-5?

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:06 pm

Name: sectos

Awareness : +2

Execution: +0

Rage: -1
Weapon: rifle
Time zone : -5

Sectos his part of the strategic reasources division, a department charged with finding the ores outside the walls that keep humanity going, but rumors circulate that he is In fact a part of the covert ops division, he rarely ever talks and his past is shrouded in mystery
Last edited by Brikguy0410 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Silverdream
Nice use of noise

Post by Silverdream » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Quantumsurfer wrote:So your 7-12 is my 10-5?
Yup. And some of my times are more flexible than others. It depends on how much homework or other stuff I have and how much I have to do.

Also Lawmaster, you need to pick an item.
Image lol j/k

Quantumsurfer
Contest Manager
Contest Manager

Post by Quantumsurfer » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:37 pm

I can handle that. Maybe not all of it, but a good chunk. Of course, if you can start earlier (4 or 5 your time), that'd be pretty much perfect on my end. But I'm flexible.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:58 pm

I'm available weekend nights, starting at 8:30 -6 time.

Chinook
Officer

Post by Chinook » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:13 pm

I'm free past 5 on schooldays. Weekends, I may go somewhere, but I'm usually back around 7. Either way, I'll still have my phone.
No one is home

Brikguy0410
Official SEXY Forum Science, History, and Literature Expert

Post by Brikguy0410 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:20 pm

I can usually be available past 5 in the -5 zone, except on wednesday