Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

bann154
bann is the mann

Fallout Wasteland Wanderers: A Starting Mission

Post by bann154 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:05 pm

Boring intro/Background
Spoiler
Show
So my cousins and i like RPG's and we have been playing Dungeon Squad as well as D&D and we wanted to change it up a little so one of my older cousins and i decided to make a D20 based RPG set in the Fallout universe. I have been making the rules using the games as inspiration as well as another fallout RPG that i found that uses a percentile dice system (My younger cousins don't have the patients for an RPG of its depth) while my cousin has done the formatting and essentially turning the mood of the rules and explanations into Fallout examples and stuff. I will be the DM or "Overseer" for our test games and was wondering what you guys think about the mission i have planned so far. The adventure will introduce the PC's to combat hacking/repair as well as some of the RP elements. However the quest line is very WIP at this point with nothing but a general outline so far.
So the PC's will begin in a vault they have lived there their whole lives they all know each other and the vaults sensors have read that the radiation has gone down enough to venture out of the vault. However the vault has voted to keep the vault closed for a while longer unfortunately a large raider gang led by a sneaky and cunning leader has found the vault and rather than trying to force their way in by trying to break open a door meant to resist nuclear explosions the leader decided to essentially suffocate the occupants and force them to open the door by causing a land slide to bury the vaults oxygen intake pipes.

The vault occupants then draw straws to see who will go out and uncover the pipes however they do not know that it was caused by raiders. So the PC's draw the short straws are given some basic weapons and head out to uncover the intake pipes only to be ambushed by a portion of the raider gang by the pipes (While this is happening the rest of the raiders are currently invading the vault) so they will probably kill the raiders unburry the pipes and head back (On perception they may be able to find out that the landslide was caused by explosives) they will then have to fight their way through the raiders or use diplomacy or some other form of underhanded trickery however during the time that they were outside a majority of the vault has been killed.

When they defeat or drive off the raiders they will be pretty much forced to make their way into the wasteland due to the looting and destruction of the vault. This may be due to the population being destroyed or damage has been done to the reactor during a firefight and the reactor has begun to leak radiation making the vault uninhabitable except for the first few floors or so they may need to go on a long ass quest to find parts to repair it and attempt to resettle the vault.

So tell me what you think how you think i should do this or anything i should change feedback and suggestions would be appreciated. Also if you would like to see the rules let me know and i can upload them.
My Factions/My Battles/My Painting and Modelling Adventures
A mind without purpose will wander in dark places

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Re: Fallout Wasteland Wanderers: A Starting Mission

Post by BriksKrieg » Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:22 pm

Are you planing on doing a Pm rpg thing?, this would be cool as one, i think

(remind me of Metro 2033, and the Redux versions of it. its cool, like this idea you've got. Personally, I've been doing a similar thing, but haven't tried getting it off the ground.)
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:45 pm

Have you taken a look at the Apocalypse World system by Vincent Baker? http://apocalypse-world.com/
Natalya wrote:Wtf is going on in this thread?

BriksKrieg
Dimmy

Post by BriksKrieg » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:44 pm

stubby wrote:Have you taken a look at the Apocalypse World system by Vincent Baker? http://apocalypse-world.com/
Damn. Now I have to go get this. Problem though, I have only one friend who likes rpg stuff, and it's mostly isolated to D&D.
This game looks fun though. Another I've been wanting to play is Baptism of Fire - http://www.armchairgeneral.com/baptism- ... -a-pdf.htm i am a ww2 nut. ESPECIALY for tanks.
:troll:
Tzan wrote:The STFU looks like its positioned at the tip of the galactic penis.
ninja_bait wrote:I am vaguely aware that head pats are a weeb thing and weeb things are usually lewd