Picture Wars

For all those games that happen to not be BrikWars

Moderators: Timedude, Olothontor

Candlejack
Hero

Post by Candlejack » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:05 pm

What would that help? You're already on the Picture Wars forums, so you can go look for yourself. Any further discussion will simply be rehashing stuff that's already been said, and/or opening new cans of worms, in either case taking up bandwidth we could be using on battle reports or forum battles.
"Nietzsche is dead. Nietzsche remains dead. No amount of philosophy or existentialism will fix this." -Anonymous

SuperChocobo
Demi-God of BrikWars

Post by SuperChocobo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:54 pm

Oh dear. It really does seem like you're all overreacting a tad. While I admit Ross has had a few flames back at PW, it is hardly as bad as he seems to make it out to be. At PW we really do try to help the new people as best we can, but as I'm sure you're all aware, it's a bit hard to help people when they give you an unpleasant attitude.

On the same token people from PW shouldn't have really come here and caused the arguments that they have. Though it's quite irritating to see Ross saying that all the veterans at PW are newbie unfriendly, which is why PW'ers came here to let it be known otherwise.

I'm sure Ross can vouch for my neutrality in most of this stuff, and I'm sure he'll admit that not every veteran is an arsehole, and those that are labelled thus are only really arseholes to people with a bad attitiude.

Leadpumper
Battlefield General

Post by Leadpumper » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:38 pm

Silverdream, do you really think we would come here just to troll Ross? Picture Wars, after losing our old domain that we had for several years, has been experiencing a dramatically slow trickle of new members. Our goal has never been to "kill all new members" as Ross put it, because that's ridiculous and counter-productive.

If someone starts going around saying that PW is full of assholes, where does that leave us? We already get few enough members as it is, and if people start to believe Ross, we would get even less. This isn't about ridiculing Ross_Varn on 'his' forum, it's to make sure people get both sides.

Becquerel
Battlefield General

Post by Becquerel » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:45 pm

Silverdream wrote:
SuperChocobo wrote:Oh dear. It really does seem like you're all overreacting a tad. While I admit Ross has had a few flames back at PW, it is hardly as bad as he seems to make it out to be. At PW we really do try to help the new people as best we can, but as I'm sure you're all aware, it's a bit hard to help people when they give you an unpleasant attitude.

On the same token people from PW shouldn't have really come here and caused the arguments that they have. Though it's quite irritating to see Ross saying that all the veterans at PW are newbie unfriendly, which is why PW'ers came here to let it be known otherwise.

I'm sure Ross can vouch for my neutrality in most of this stuff, and I'm sure he'll admit that not every veteran is an arsehole, and those that are labelled thus are only really arseholes to people with a bad attitiude.
Wow, I know you're butthu-Wait a tick, did you just come onto this forum, make an account and comment just because Ross is complaining about you? Jesus fuckin' Christ, get your shit together. People do nooby booty bothered things once in a while but this is ridiculous.
http://picturewars.freeforums.org/the-g ... t1946.html
http://picturewars.freeforums.org/gener ... -1320.html

Wow, I know you're butthu-Wait a tick, did you just come onto our forum, make an account and post a load of rubbish just because someone is complaining about Ross? Jesus fuckin' Christ, get your shit together. People do nooby booty bothered things once in a while but this is ridiculous(!).

Now that that's taken care of...
Hello Brikwars, hopefully this is the only time I'll ever need to post here.
My name is Metal Chao and I am a moderator at the Picture Wars message board. Some of our drama seems to have spilled onto your board, for which I am deeply sorry, although I believe the blame for that mostly rests in the hands of the person who posted this topic and continues trying to insult our members where they can't read it, something that appears to have backfired.
I do hope that none of this has caused anyone any particular annoyance, I don't wish to sour relationships between these two boards because vendettas like that can become extremely silly, an opinion which I believe many of you share.
One of your members (Silverdream) has now signed up on our message board and is posting threats and spam messages all over the place. If he continues then he will shortly be banned, and I would expect you to do the same if any of our members tried anything like that on your board.
It might appear to you that some of our members are doing the same thing. In my view their behaviour is not the same as silvers, he is coming to our board specifically to cause trouble whereas what has happened in this topic is simply a bunch of people who have been specifically insulted rising to defend their honour when someone else was attempting to talk about them behind their backs, however if you object and the fact that our members are descending here to defend themselves offends you, then please tell me and I'll kick some asses and do my best to get them to stop.

That's probably all from me for now. Bye bye!

stubby
tl;dr: the rule of fudge is the entire rulebook

Post by stubby » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:35 pm

Wow! I haven't seen a butthurtstorm like this around these parts in.... when was the last time? Was it Chron Johnson? I've got a bunch of PMs in my inbox evenly divided between "save us from all the booty bothered" and "come help us drive these PW guys crazy" and now I have to decide whether to either put on my custodian boots or my instigator hat. So let's review the evidence.
Ross_Varn wrote:The whole point of the RCO was to have something blah blah blah etc.
On first blush, regardless of whether people are flaming him or making fun of the spriting or whatever, it looks like Ross is definitely being a whiny bitch. This is booty bothered in a rarefied form, somebody mined out some low-grade anal suffering and refined it into a pure a glittering jewel of asspain.
Metal Chao wrote:Well I'm not banning you because I think you're just having a teenage strop blah blah blah etc.
But then the rebuttal is that these guys really do sound like a bunch of elitist assholes, damn. But I don't really care what happens on other forums, maybe butthurtism and elitism is cool over there. Who am I to judge.
BFenix wrote:Im no forum pro, I haven't been around that long. But one thing I know for sure is that if you are more experienced at something then someone else, you shouldn't be a cocky idiot that considers newbies to be below your level. You should help, give advice and be patient, because we were all newbies once!
But this is really what chaps my hide. You start bringing in dirty laundry from other forums, and suddenly other-forum morality starts seeping in along with it. What is this crap? Tolerance? Reasonableness? This goes against everything we stand for. If we start treating each other like human beings then the PW terrorists win.
deeplurk wrote:Ross Varn really needs to wise up. Getting upset about things so easily and trying to act so self righteous really pissed a lot of people off, so we showed you in the best way we could, making you an example.

Oremawesome is incredible talentless and obnoxious in the way he deals with people. As much as you try to be nice there's no hope for someone with his kind of attitude.

"Silvadream" we appreciate your attempts of trolling us but you haven't got very far and we're only annoyed by genuine assholes, like Ross.

Of course there are exception, aoffen for one has proved to be a decent guy, but otherwise...
So far deeplurk is the only guy I like, even if he is chumbait. I don't know how those guys act on PW, but I know how they act here, and I have to say I agree with deeplurk on every point so far. It saddens me a little to hear that aoffan is being a decent guy, but like I said, how people comport themselves on other forums is their own business so I won't judge him for it.
Ross_Varn wrote:You can keep your damn examples, idiots, I'm done with you. Tell Metal to delete the fucking account, I don't fucking need it anymore. Picture Wars has been deleted from my bookmarks. Now get the FUCK out and don't come to MY FUCKING TURF to tell me that I'm boner-inducing. THAT'S THE FUCKING REASON I FUCKING QUIT, DICKS.

OUT.
All right this is pretty epic, I've got to admit. Even if you PW guys' only contribution to this forum is making Ross lose his shit and then disappearing into the shadows, I'll still consider that a job well done.
aoffan23 wrote:blah blah blah I'm being reasonable blah blah
All right aoffan, let's not forget where we are. I know you want to impress your PW buddies and that kind of stuff might fly over on other forums, but that's not the way we do things here. I'm keeping my eye on you. Like a SHIT HAWK.
Candlejack wrote:Um, ross, how is this trolling you describe any different from what you get here on a daily basis?

Also, Hi PW people! You should think about playing Brikwars!
Wow! If you can even get Candlejack to pop out you know something special is going on.
Ross_Varn wrote:Well. Why is it that whenever I end up in a situation like this it goes downhill at three hundred miles per hour?
Well, probably because you got your training here. I bet if you started on the PW forum instead you'd be more like aoffan, and situations like this would be mostly dull.
deeplurk wrote:Chasing you down? We're trying to stop you from spreading your lies and poison.
deeplurk wrote:None of us are booty bothered. We're simply trying to stop Ross speaking behind our backs like this due to his own faults.
Oh deeplurk, you were doing so well, and then you lost me. You're never going to stop the internet from spreading lies and poison, that's what it's there for. Well, lies, poison, and pr0n. Mostly pr0n.
aoffan23 wrote:
BFenix wrote:Ross is to much pissed off and doesn't seem to listen to us anyways... I suggest we forget that all this bs ever happened and carry on with our brick and picture wars
Oh my God you're right I'm sorry, Ross is a super-moral and super-mature guy, he's just having an off day.

I challenge you to read the crap he's talking about, although it may have gotten deleted to remove the excess Ross-fits.
There we go! I knew we'd get aoffan off the high horse eventually. So it looks like Ross has dropped the booty bothered torch and aoffan's picked it right up, thanks to BFenix pointing out the elephant in the room that everyone in this thread is being an idiot. No one here cares whether Ross is moral or mature, that's PW-forum thinking.
Silverdream wrote:(trying to instigate but failing to entertain or even spark interest, as usual)
All right, I've considered all the sides but am not reaching much of a verdict. Deeplurk had an early lead but faded in the home stretch, while BFenix and his puppets had a good showing late in the game with some nice subtle pushes. The PW guys are kind of vaguely douchey but not enough to really give them any points.

So... unless anybody's got a big play they're hiding up their sleeves, so far I have to hand this thread to BFenix. I wouldn't call it a decisive win, but he's on top of his shit while the rest of you are mainly being flails.

Leadpumper
Battlefield General

Post by Leadpumper » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm

It's easy to see why BFenix appears to be on top, but that's because he's acting as the neutral mediator; I consider it a given that the neutral party between the opposing sides in an argument is always doing better than the ones bickering. After all, he doesn't have a stake in what's going on so he's free to consider everything equally without a biased viewpoint.

Therefore, when you take BFenix out of the equation, that leaves us vaguely douchey PW guys against BFenix's puppets, and Ross himself.
Last edited by Leadpumper on Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

naussica
Dimmy

Post by naussica » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:52 pm

Well, let's see what went on my short absence...

:wtc:

The PW guys are posting here?! First, they talk shit to Ross, who is one of the only sane people on this forum, then Silva posts a little bit on the PW forum, now an admin from here is pissed at Silva?! Good god, some of these PW guys need to get used to this! This is the internet, not a royal ball! You can't just flame people because they "insulted you" or "trolled you" because if it's really a problem, don't read the posts! Ross wasn't doing anything wrong on PW, Silva just wanted you PW guys to do one thing, COOL IT! You can't dwell on this stuff, JUST LET IT GO!

stubby

Post by stubby » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 pm

Actually I don't think I understood any of what naussica just said.
Silverdream wrote:BFenix? He did less than me? I would give this thread to Lizzrd.
You only THINK he did less than you. It is tempting to give it to Lizzrd, but Lizzrd's points are all on his own forum, which has a whole different ruleset. I can only go by how well people are performing here, and BFenix causing aoffan's face-heel turn was pretty masterfully executed, especially compared to everyone else's largely ineffective efforts so far.

ltobvious
Officer

Post by ltobvious » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:58 pm

Well, this went to shit about as fast as I thought it would when I read it this morning. Ross, there's no caste system or malevolent group of evil hate mongering fiends that you're hinting at, and while I do believe lizzrd and a few others may have gone too far with the whole "lol i trol u u are retard here is picture of retard with your name above it hurr" bit, reacting to it in this manner didn't really help things.
silvadream wrote:Umm, I didn't spam you guys. If I did you guys would be fireball'd to death. You guys aren't realizing that I could very well fuck up all that is picture wars. I did hear what Ross posted and I thought I would check it out these forums for the lulz. But once I got here, I really did like picture wars.
I think it's pretty clear to see that we're not here to reign fiery, phallic imagery warfare down upon this forum and ours just because a few idiots got asspained over stupid things and it spilled over into this forum. I hope we can agree that this is all very stupid and that we should all go back to our respective forums and leave this thread to be buried and pushed into obscurity.

stubby

Post by stubby » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:10 am

Oh sure! Once I hand BFenix the win, everybody starts trying to copy him. Typical!!

Lizzrd
Champion
Champion

Post by Lizzrd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:59 am

Hi guys :)

Rody
Jaw-Jaw

Post by Rody » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 am

stubby wrote:Oh sure! Once I hand BFenix the win, everybody starts trying to copy him. Typical!!
naturally, they just didn't learn to take the logical course of action in these circumstances.
make popcorn and get a comfy chair.
Act first, then think, then try to find a way to cover up the horrible mess you made.
Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes

Olothontor
Clown-Face Bologna
Clown-Face Bologna
Location: Lounging in a commercial Starliner of his own design.

Post by Olothontor » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:26 am

Why is it that everyone blows everything out of proportion? If you take everything and explode it, you see nothing but booty bothered and irresponsibility, and then have put yourselves in a situation where you're unable to compromise. And then what happens?

You all get caught up in a shitstorm.

Both sides are wrong(erm, ALL sides). There's my two cents.

Here's what went wrong:

The PW guys, "defending their honor", went out of their way to track down Ross. In essence... they were being a bunch of 8-year old bullies, because Ross looked at them funny. I sincerely hope I don't need to reinforce how childish all of you are being.

Ross, on the other hand, gave them the REACTION THEY WERE LOOKING FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE. They do this to piss people off, Ross, it's how they get off. They FAP to shit like that, don't hand it to them on a silver platter.

... 'Nuff said.
"In a mad world, only the mad are sane." - Akira Kurosawa
-=[ Visage ]=-

Lizzrd
Champion
Champion

Post by Lizzrd » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:37 am

Oh chill the fuck out.

Let's discuss this in a gentlemannery manner over some tea.

ForlornCreature
Cannon Fodder
Location: Checking back in between animations for Warhead's follow up to ZZD

Post by ForlornCreature » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:11 am

Seems like there's been some very entertaining flaming going on here :studgod: