Random Shit I've been doing

Elevated-in-age discourse for people who know how to spell and don't live with their moms.

Moderators: Kaplan, Tzan

Natalya
I've trolled before.

Random Shit I've been doing

Post by Natalya » Fri May 10, 2019 1:27 am

All right assholes, instead of becoming a responsible adult™ I am now posting to you from 2 AM on the internet. In addition to staying up late and ruining my morning tomorrow (thanks low-level anxiety for making me do this) I'm also fucking everything else up in my life and spending all my skill points on dumb shit that doesn't help me out.

Unit: Natalya
Class: Artist
Dimensions: 6'2" 165lbs
Strength: 5
Agility: 8
Intelligence: 6
Stamina: 5

Skills:
Roller Skating lvl 9
English lvl 10 but nerfed with a -2 at the moment
Japanese lvl 1
French lvl 3
Stained Glass lvl 7
Honda Insight Repair lvl 6
Source Engine Modding lvl 8
Guitar lvl 2
Bass lvl 1
Electronic Design lvl 2
Soldering lvl 3
LAMP Stack lvl 2
Heavy Machinery lvl 1
Welding lvl 2
Sewing lvl 2

Weaknesses:
- Mental Health
- Social Skills
- Easily Overstimulated
- Gore Movies
- Memory

Random side note -- I got filmed for some Netflix show as an extra ostensibly playing roller derby in the background and got paid for it, that means I'm now officially a Professional Roller Derby Skater. And a movie star. This means you have to respect me.

I am fucking level 9 out of 10 though. I can do shit that like I've never seen anyone else attempt before. Like a couple months ago I realized that with hockey stops it probably doesn't matter which direction you're traveling. So I attempted a backwards hockey stop which I've never even heard of. And I nailed it on my first try. And then like I worked on it a little and before I knew it I was able to do backwards 1-foot hockey stops in both directions. Most GOOD skaters can't do a 1-foot hockey stop going forwards. I can also do other shit... apex jumps, 180 apex jumps, 360 jump, expert level on uneven terrain. Roller skating is probably the thing that I'm best at aside from using the English language.

Anyway, as you can see I've spent a shitload of skill points, but I put them all into dumb shit that doesn't help me get anywhere. English is probably the only actually useful skill where I spent a decent amount of points. I'm nerfed though because I haven't been writing long paragraphs and shit for quite some time and I find that it's harder now than it was before. You'll notice my sentence structure isn't that great and I tend to use the same words and phrases over and over again. The other skills I beefed up are esoteric and borderline useless.

Electronics are a skill I'm developing recently and I think I'm headed to level 3 at the moment. I've designed some simple circuits and PCBs and built things and sold that stuff on a very small scale. I got into that working on Insights but more recently I've been building guitar pedals. Currently I'm trying to learn more about how to manipulate audio signals so I can build more complex pedals. The one I'm working on now should like, by the end of, I'll probably have learned something and I'l be able to design a PCB. My PCB layout skills suck though. But I've only had to design 2 PCBs so far so like I can get more exp doing that as I go along.

This is the USA, school is expensive and stupid and I don't want to be in debt the rest of my life. Also apparently I need to do things outside or my mental health suffers substantially. Most things where you do like things beyond undergrad you know would have me inside all day and that'd be bad for me. With that in mind I've been slowly learning how to drive tractors and bobcats and shit. Still very new though. But like you know that or the electronics might actually be useful I just like am only able to do a little here, a little there. I'm just not really seeing any obvious paths forward for myself.

Anyone have thoughts on this?
  ▲
▲ ▲

"Ya gotta remember, Soryu's a brutal thug, ain't got no finesse like Shinji."

Cakeman
Cannon Fodder

Re: Random Shit I've been doing

Post by Cakeman » Wed May 22, 2019 2:13 pm

I always wondered why my rpg-characters only developed relevant skills and didn't spend their hard earned experience on like "knowing all the lines from Black Adder" lvl 9. I was super focused as a player character. Your sheet looks a lot more like an actual badass character, but unfortunately not in a rollerderbyworldlike setting. That backwards hockey stop sounds cool, we'll keep an eye out on netflix.

I've heard killing an anthill is a good way for more xp, if they haven't already fixed that loophole.