My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Lord Mercat
Minifig

Re: My BrikwaRPG Playtest (Gametime!)

Post by Lord Mercat » Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:14 pm

Hold up- Flash is back! Spacebeard WILL be stopped!

First thing, deny the offer for the balloon and have Flash DELIVER THAT BRIEFCASE LIKE A PRO. "Ah, thank you for the offer detective, but I've got everything under control. I was just contemplating how everything up till now has been too.... easy. My natural Captain's instincts are telling me that shit is about to hit the proverbial fan, as it were. Which of course, requires a two or three turn stoic stare into nothingness that makes everyone wonder whether or not you've gone mad. The mark of all great Captains. But, now that the brooding's done, and in suitably classy fashion, its time to DELIVER. THIS. CASE." At this point Flash should walk up to the person he is to deliver the case to, and deliver it.

Flash: "Good sir! I, the intrepid Captain Flash Maxwell, have this briefcase to deliver, I know you may be in shock that someone of my stature is delivering such an important missage, but rest assured it has my my pleasure! Take care in knowing that your delivery was delivered by the very best!"

After the delivery Flash steps over to the counter and charms the clerk into helping him upgrade- "Ah, excellent, an armory with upgrades suitable to my considerable talents! You sir, have the privilege of outfitting the greates space captain in Spacefleet history, the legendary Captain Flash Maxwell! I shall require a beamsaber upgrade, classy white armor to Spacefleet spec (no helmet please, my gorgeous visage is a weapon unto itself), and that excellent white Captain's cape in the back over there! Surely you cannot deny your civic duty and inner desire to aid the greatest hero you've ever met?"

Should this somehow not actually work, Flash should see if Garth will lend him the cp to upgrade, and also sell his old armor in favor of a newer model. Biff should then rush in from outdoors, updating Flash on the dire situation outside; "Captain Flash sir, Spacebeard's in town and he's fixing to tear up the port!"

Flash: "Spacebeard, eh? My third greatest nemesis! Of course, only he would be so diabolical as to attempt to interrupt a casual briefcase delivery-turned shopping trip on a dangerous planet! The fiend! Nevertheless, he shall pay for his crimes, and I, Captain Flash Maxwell shall make him answer to Spacefleet Justice!" At this point, strike a pose, and then try and get into contact with the rest of the Avoidance crew.
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:My hot wife and I were about to get a divorce until we saw your army. You have saved our marriage and won our allegiance.
Marriages Saved: 1

BrickSyd
Cannon Fodder

Post by BrickSyd » Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:37 pm

Battlegrinder wrote:So..no Noxsec?
...yet!

Garth Sneakyheadsmasher (lawmaster)
Vera Zhrkvsk (Silverdream)
The Warg (Alphafalcon541)

Garth puts the hammer in his inventory and picks up the shield.

He pays 4 cp for his purchases and leaves the store for the hospital.

Outside, he meet Vera and the Warg who were looking for a way to heal the Warg.

The Warg: “The two chicken wings I'm carrying aren't enough to heal three hit points, I don't like bananas and I'm not sure it's wise to use the restoration potion for this..”

Hoping to find a veterinarian at the hospital, Vera and the Warg decide to go with Garth.

On their way to the hospital, they meet Jaras who was heading for the store to proceed with the delivery.

Vera notice something new in a corner of the map.
Vera: “That's a lot of balloons...”

At the hospital, they get to the front desk.

Nurse: “Let's see.. two cp for a new hand, one more for your missing hit point and three for the missing hit points of the Warg.”

Vera asks Garth if he could pay for the Warg and Garth accepts.

* Garth pays 6 cp to the hospital.

As soon as payment is complete, the Surgeon arrives with a large piece of meat.
Surgeon: “Here's for you big boy!”

Garth follows the Surgeon while the Warg eats.

* 3 hit point restored! The Warg is now at 3/3 hp *

Captain Falsh Maxwell (Lord Mercat)
Flash refuses to trade the briefcase for a balloon:
"Ah, thank you for the offer detective, but I've got everything under control. I was just contemplating how everything up till now has been too.... easy. My natural Captain's instincts are telling me that shit is about to hit the proverbial fan, as it were. Which of course, requires a two or three turn stoic stare into nothingness that makes everyone wonder whether or not you've gone mad. The mark of all great Captains.”

Flash “But, now that the brooding's done, and in suitably classy fashion, its time to DELIVER. THIS. CASE."

Flash walks to the mysterious minifig waiting in the store..

Flash: "Good sir! I, the intrepid Captain Flash Maxwell, have this briefcase to deliver, I know you may be in shock that someone of my stature is delivering such an important message, but rest assured it has been my pleasure! Take care in knowing that your delivery was delivered by the very best!"

Mission objective completed: The briefcase has been delivered! Everyone gets a d20 of experience:

Vera: +19 xp! LEVEL UP!!
The Space Detective: +11 xp!
The Warg: +12 xp! LEVEL UP!!
Captain Flash Maxwell: +19 xp! LEVEL UP!!
Jaras Kyfi: +8 xp!
Carlos Indiana Devine: +2 xp!
Garth Sneakyheadsmasher: +16 xp! LEVEL UP!!

Mysterious contact: “What took you so long?”
The contact opens the briefcase and pulls out a map of the system.

Flash has a quick look at the map: “Pardon me but there's an obvious mistake on your map. Everyone knows the Fleurdelys system is made of six planets, not seven!”

Mysterious contact: “This is exactly what makes this map so special..”

The contact continues:
“You should know that the Black Deadly Spaceman is looking for more than a delivery team. He's recruiting new crew members for a SHIP.”

“Your final test is to make it out of here alive. Find a vehicle and get to the evacuation point. It will be marked by a large yellow flag. You can't miss it.”

Leaving the store, he adds:
“We should meet again.. if you're strong enough to make it through.”

The Contact gets in the black spacecraft and leaves.

Inside the store, Flash goes to a saleswoman: "Ah, excellent, an armory with upgrades suitable to my considerable talents! You mylady, have the privilege of outfitting the greates space captain in Spacefleet history, the legendary Captain Flash Maxwell! I shall require a beamsaber upgrade, classy white armor to Spacefleet spec, and that excellent white Captain's cape in the back over there! Surely you cannot deny your civic duty and inner desire to aid the greatest hero you've ever met?"

Saleswoman #2: “OH MY GOD! You're THE captain Flash Maxwell!!”

Employees : “We are your biggest fans!!!”

Critical failure..!

Saleswoman #2: “I like your hair!”
Saleswoman #1: “Take me with you!!”
Cashier: “Give me a child!!”

Spacefleet communicator starts ringing but Flash is too disrupted by his fans to pick it up!

Biff's ghost rushes inside: "Captain Flash sir, Spacebeard's in town and he's fixing to tear up the port!"

Flash: "Spacebeard, eh? My third greatest nemesis! Of course, only he would be so diabolical as to attempt to interrupt a casual briefcase delivery-turned shopping trip on a dangerous planet! The fiend! Nevertheless, he shall pay for his crimes, and I, Captain Flash Maxwell shall make him answer to Spacefleet Justice!"

Avoidance Crew
The crew of the Avoidance finds the Avoidance Mark 2. The micro-ultralizer apparently ran out of power before completing the process..

Suzy: “Captain Maxwell isn't answering to the communicator! He must be in great danger!!”

The crew board the Avoidance Mark 2.

Admiral Faultworthy: “Don't worry. We'll get our Captain!”

New faction activated: The Avoidance Crew! ((reserved for Lord Mercat)
Primary objective: Make sure Captain Maxwell safely evacuates from the battlefield.
Bonus objective: Get Spacebeard and Pierro Mimsey.

Tera's Army has been activated! (controlled by Alex)
Primary objective: Revive Bock
Bonus objective: Revenge! You will receive bonus points for every hero you kill!

The Ancients have been activated! (controlled by lordintype)
Objective: SECRET!

The Space Pirates have been activated! (controlled by Theblackdog)
Objective: Hijack as many ships as possible.
* Final score will be based on the cp value of all the ships under your command

Jaras Kyfi (Falk)
The Space Detective (Scratch)
Carlos Indiana Devine (mgb519)

Jaras: “Guys.. I think you should see this..”

The local Space Mafia has arrived!

Gangster: “Captain Flash Maxwell and Carlos Indiana Devine. We know you're in there. Get out and answer for your sins!”

The Space Detective: "I've got this guys, don't worry about it."

Overwatch:
ImageImage

Character sheets
Spoiler
Show
(Blue=Skill, White=Move, Green=Armor, Brown=Hit Points, Red=Damage, Clear=Supernatural)
The Black Deadly Spaceman (NPC)
“Greetings and welcome!”

“I am looking for six minifigs for a new team. You see, I really need a few heroes to make it out of the battlefield alive so I will do my very best to send you there so that you can help them escape! It should be like a walk in the park don't worry.”

“If you want to volunteer, please step forward and introduce yourself!”

New characters starts at level 6 and are given 8 cp that you can save for later of spend right now to buy weapons, equipment or special abilities (at regular brikwars cost).

If you want to join, please provide a description of your character, the details of how you want to spend your six level points and your 8 CPs (back story is optional but always nice).

Stats:
Spoiler
Show
Blue = Skill, White = Move, Green = Armor, Brown = HP, Red = +DMG. The sixth row is for supernatural power.
Skill (blue):
Level 0 - Skill = 1d4 (Incompetent)
Level 1 - Skill = 1d6 (Trained)
Level 2 - Skill = 1d8 (Expert)
Level 3 - Skill = 1d10 (Heroic
Level 4 - Skill = 1d12 (Supernatural)

Movement (white):
Level 0 - Move = 5''
Level 1 - Move = 6''
Level 2 - Move = 7''
Level 3 - Move = 8''
Level 4 - Move = 9''

Armor (green):
Level 0 - Armor = 1d6
Level 1 - Armor = 1d8
Level 2 - Armor = 1d10
Level 3 - Armor = 1d12
Level 4 - Armor = 2d6

Hit Point (brown):
Level 0 - 0 hp
Level 1 - 1 hp
Level 2 - 2 hp
Level 3 - 3 hp
Level 4 - 4 hp

+Damage (red):
Level 0 - Normal damage
Level 1 - Damage +1
Level 2 - Damage +2
Level 3 - Damage +3
Level 4 - Damage +1d6

Supernatural Power (clear):
Use faces to build the dices of your choice (up to a maximum of four dices).
(1d6 = 6 faces, 1d8 = 8 faces, and so on)
Level 0 - No supernatural power
Level 1 - 10 faces (ex: 1d6+1d4)
Level 2 - 20 faces (ex: 2d10)
Level 3 - 30 faces (ex: 3d8+1d6)
Level 4 - 40 faces (ex: 2d12+1d10+1d6)
Part 2 has officially begun!

Turn order will be:
- Heroes
- Tera's Army (Alex)
- The Ancients (Lordintype)
- Space Pirates (Theblackdog)
- SCS Avoidance Mark 2 (Lord Mercat)

Awaiting orders!

Vami IV
blah blah swastikas kkk look how edgy I am

Post by Vami IV » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:15 pm

Part 2?

MUST HAVE.

Duerer
Forum Champion 2016-2017
Forum Champion 2016-2017

Post by Duerer » Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:31 pm

K, then.

Kapitan Bomba

Looks like: Polish commando soldier, battle hardened and tough as steel, preferably the middle one.

My points should be put into following configuration:
Skill 2x
Movement 1x
Armor 1x
Hit Point 2x

I buy a size 2 machine gun with an OTC bayonet (see pic). Special ability will be Piloting.
Winning Contest Entries
Show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Battles and Stories and Stuff

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:01 pm

I'm very interested in playing, but I'll want to see the rest of the new party's stats before I finalize my character, so I can avoid being redundant.

Preliminary stats:
Skill: 3
Movement: 0
Armor: 1
HP: 2
Damage: 0
SN: 0

Gear/abilities: Body armor, automatic pistol, heavy shield, Grenadier, multitasking.

Name: Staff Sargent Vance Dawes

Bio: As part of it's reconnaissance and intelligence operations, the Frangerian Protectorate has dispatched small squads to the far corners of the universe, with orders to seek out potential allies, useful technology, and anything else that might future the Protectorate's interest. Sargent Dawes is one such soldier, a career noncom who's served in the military since before the Protectorate's foundation. He's a demolition's expert, and any enemies who survive the rain of explosive ordinance he can unleash will find he's also quite adapt with his SMG.
Last edited by Battlegrinder on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Theblackdog
Pooplord

Post by Theblackdog » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:12 pm

So many targets, I don't know where to start.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 5:26 pm

I hope there's room on the Avoidance for one more...
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Vami IV

Post by Vami IV » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:15 pm

STATS:
Skill: 2
Movement: 1
Armor: 1
HP: 1
Damage: 0
SN: 0
Name: Daisuke
Class: Samurai Ronin
Bio:

The son of a dominant daimyo in Shogunate space, Daisuke was trained in the way of the Samurai. When he came of age, his sword, Yoshiro, was forged in the hottest flames of Mt. Doragon from the best steel in the Empire, and given to him personally by the Emperor. He led armies in the name of the Emperor in the 2nd Imperial War that reclaimed the Emperor's power over the Shogun, and was hand picked to be on the Emperor's Imperial Samurai Guard. He was dispatched on a mission to a nearby nation one day, but was ambushed and Yoshiro was stolen away from, him, and he was banished from the Shogunate for his failure, and was stripped of his rank, powers, duties, and purpose, and named a Ronin.

Cast out from his home land, Daisuke wishes nothing other than to find Yoshiro, return to the Shogunate, and redeem his failure before the Emperor, and he will accomplish this goal through any means necessary.
Last edited by Vami IV on Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:24 am, edited 3 times in total.

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:23 pm

Use the instant heroic feat to crash the mafia car straight into the middle of their troops, and then chase it down with a supercharged long range pistol blast.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:11 pm

Upgrade damage
Once Garth is all healed up he should pull out his hammer and smash the puny surgeons head. He should then reclaim his money and use the capes to sneak outside towards the store. If he gets in he should start smashing the store people's head.
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:17 pm

lawmaster wrote:Upgrade damage
Once Garth is all healed up he should pull out his hammer and smash the puny surgeons head. He should then reclaim his money and use the capes to sneak outside towards the store. If he gets in he should start smashing the store people's head.
Why would you do that?
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Scratch
Reihawk

Post by Scratch » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:21 pm

Belay MGB's orders unless this all goes to shit.
"Hey there slicker, hold your horses, this is official Police State business, these gentlemen are under my protection. And last I checked, Underboss Tony "Five-Finger" Discounti, a Space Detective outranks an Underboss, so you and your men best stand down or I'll have you busted back to down Capo so fast it'll make your head spin." (for those not in the Know, the http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?title=Space_Mafia is subservient to the http://brikwars.com/wiki/index.php?titl ... _of_Venice, a faction that the Space Detective happens to be a high ranking member of, allowing him to pull rank on the lowly Underboss)
Hopefully this will put the gang into a state of confusion, and make them not attack us this turn, since their leader doesn't seem to be the hot headed type. If a skill roll is needed to be made for intimidation or rank-pulling or whatever, use all my SN dice for it. If he doesn't listen, get my boss on the line to get his boss to get him to step down. In the case of him trying to attack us, use an intimidation rule to get a portion of his gang proportional to how well I roll to defect to our side, initiating a mexican stand-off.

Also, Lawmaster, is it really a good idea to be killing the townies when we have 3 separate armies attacking? We'll need them for a couple turns more.
The only unflawed system is Lego System.
Zupponn wrote:
Colette wrote:You're free to make your own map from scratch, however.
All you have to do is flatten his head.
Silverdream wrote:TL;DR Be like Scratch.
Captain-Camper wrote:tl;dr I'm just going to assume don't be like voin and be more like scratch.

lawmaster
Jaw-Jaw

Post by lawmaster » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:27 pm

Falk wrote:Why would you do that?
Because I want to make their heads go splat.
Scratch wrote:Also, Lawmaster, is it really a good idea to be killing the townies when we have 3 separate armies attacking? We'll need them for a couple turns more.
No it isn't, but it will increase the carnage so full smashing course ahead!
You are faced with door what do you do
I use my flamethrower
wait what you can't do that
Sure I can see
*door catches fire*

Battlegrinder
Dimmy

Post by Battlegrinder » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:41 pm

lawmaster wrote:Upgrade damage
You do know that all shopkeepers are, for this precise reason, retired adventures with their old +5 sword of slaying would-be shoplifters kept under the counter, don't you?

mgb519
My Little Pony

Post by mgb519 » Mon Oct 13, 2014 7:49 pm

Scratch is wise. He gets his chance before I do things.

The postapoc survivor turned killer bunny turned warg is on two strikes. If he does that, putting him down takes priority.
Tzan wrote:
Semaj Nagirrac wrote:Well, I took some land without checking if it was owned by a faction or not. I'm not going to be banned, am I? I can destroy everything if need be.
That's what Hitler said,
in 1938.