Depths of Darkness (Sign-up)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Re: Depths of Darkness (Sign-up)

Post by Venge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:33 pm

I'll take Sir Garth!
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Post by Bragallot » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:36 pm

I don't have time to make proper stat cards for all the special units (not right now at least) but I'll put down the stuff you may wanna know (apart from what I've already said) here:

If not specified, assume units just have standard stats according to the rulebook:
Spoiler
Show
'Swarm creatures' (skeletons, skitterlings): only 4" move and 3 armour, with a 'grab and pull' attack that has 2 UR and does a flat 2 damage (which is doubled on a critically successful grab). This basically makes them like bigger Vermin, who kill stuff in numbers. They're not so much of a threat to heroes or other tougher Minifigs / creations but they can quickly kill normal Minifigs with their greater numbers. Grabbed Minifigs suffer all the penalties they normally do and you suffer a point of Grinding Damage for every turn you spend being Grabbed and Pulled by them ('cos limbs eventually give way...)

Great Mighty Poo: 1d6 skill, 2d10 armour. If he stays still and doesn't use an action for a turn he can regain 1 SP (unless he critically fails) or generate 3 more size 1 explosives to use (up to a maximum of 6 he can have at any one time).

Zahru: rolls d12's instead of the usual heroic d10's and may wield Heavy Weapons as if they're Hand Weapons (so one in each hand). He has a Longbow (Long-ranged weapon), 2 Throwing Knives (hand weapons), 2 summonable javelins (heavy weapons, spears), a katana, a broadsword, a slayer axe (all heavy weapons, the last one is also a Heroik Artefakt) and an Axe-on-a-chain (Two-handed weapon that may also be used to Grab enemies at range). It is possible that I missed a weapon. :)

Woad Elf Longbowmen: not really special, just making clear: these guys can switch to their katanas, but they're supposed to be 'sheathed' and they're using their bows (long-ranged weapons) two-handed even though it doesn't look that way.

Jungle Stalker: 1d6 skill, size 2 creature with a size 3 axe. 8" move and 2d10 armour.

Mordra: she has a couple of perks and that's a bonus 1d4 'fire shield' that burns incoming weapons (decreasing their damage by 1d4). On a 4, it sets the weapons on fire or overheats them, forcing enemies to drop them or take fire damage. She also cannot get burned herself. On Overskill attacks with the fire whip she sets the opponent on fire as well.

Royal soldiers: these guys have 'medium armour' which gives them 5 armour instead of the regular 4 without the encumbrance penalties of heavier armour, except of course for the Royal Guard who have normal Armour (6).

Trogdor: actually bigger than it looks thanks to its snake-like body, it's a size 4 creature (even without the tail or head!) with 10" (leaping) move, 2d10 armour, but sadly only a size 1 weapon and size 1 flamethrower (a fatal design flaw). However, I'm giving it 1d8 skill to make up for that (higher damage from the melee weapon and normally speaking more OverSkill damage boosts).

Giant Skeleton: same as the Jungle Stalker except it also has a shield.

Temple Wraiths: their 'head gems' count as short-ranged weapons that they can (and will) fire even in melee. Be careful!

Grave Wraiths: these guys turn Minifigs they kill into Zombies ('swarm' creatures). They're on horses and in chariots so damage dealt to them is spread across those as if they were in a squad, with the wraiths always being damaged last.

Nightmare Catapult: size 2, 1d6 skill (yes it's strong and independent), 6" move, 2d10 armour, has a size 3 launcher (which makes it quite inaccurate but also unpredictable) that shoots size 1 explosives ('souls of the damned'). The lances can also be used to charge into stuff.

Aelcar the Shadow Wiard: He used to be a Hero but he's now a SuperNatural Minifig. His powers are in his Staff and / or possibly his Fancy Hat. I've yet to decide what kind of die to give him.

Spider-Mom: This one has quite a bit going on. Size 3 with 1d6 skill, 1d10 armour and 11" movement. She only has her fangs (2 size 1 melee weapons) to attack with, but on a hit (regardless of whether it kills or not) it applies poison damage that will continue damaging the minifig she hit each turn for 1d4 damage until the poison either kills it or is resisted (on a roll of '1' the poison is resisted). Her front legs are not weapons but may be used to grab. A target can be under the influence of multiple poison dice, but the individual dice don't stack up their damage. If she does nothing else her turn she can birth 1d4 skitterlings. She can also consume anything fleshy and Minifig-sized with an armour value lower than 6 (too armoured and it becomes hard to digest on the spot). This requires a successful melee attack that kills the target (obviously) and heals her for 1 SP. May even target friendly units. Due to her many legs, she can move in and out of melee at will without taking counter attacks and attack multiple targets.

Dark Elf Assassins: They have Gymnastix, meaning that any time they would otherwise get disrupted, they can roll a d8. On a roll of 5 or more, they avoid being disrupted. When Bailing they roll the d8 immediately instead of their Skill / Action Die. They are also capable of finding the weak spots in armour, meaning that they can make Armour-Piercing attacks, which basically has the same effect as swinging a heavy weapon two-handed (even though their katanas aren't Two-Handed). Finally, their nimbleness and agility also makes them harder to kill. Since I'd rather not keep track of negative modifiers to attack rolls, I'll just translate that into giving them 5 armour instead of the usual 4.
^ I'll try to make a more concise version of this when I can, ideally in stat cards.

I won't be home over the next 3 days, so those of you who have already signed up, please send your orders by then so I can resolve the turn next Monday. I will let the 'good guys' go first every round so you know the positions of the undead when you send your orders.
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:33 pm

So, who's got a plan?
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:47 pm

wait until I arrive :)
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:49 pm

I think, based on the stats, that trogdor is a good match for the giant skeleton and the great mighty poo should take on the catapults. The jungle strider might be able to take on the spider mum one-on-one but not while the spiderlings are nearby.

And maybe we try to hold a defensive melee line a few inches ahead of the archers?
Falk wrote:wait until I arrive :)
Yeah, and that.

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:14 pm

Falk wrote:wait until I arrive :)
So . . . Xalen or Brockram?
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:18 pm

I was thinking of using a heroic feat to make a fire wall in front of the skellies, I’d be fine with trogdar taking on another big guy too.

Royal soilders will probably just play it defensive untill enemies can get closer, savings no actions for response or bails.

Do these sound good to the team?
Last edited by RedRover on Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 am

Miranda and Voytek still up for grabs!
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:49 am

I'll take Miranda!
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:56 am

Ok. It seems Zupponn is not around so Voytek is now available too.

Please make sure I have orders by Monday!
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:50 am

Is there a turn order?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:03 pm

RedRover wrote:Is there a turn order?
Yes.

1. Expedition Army in order of PM's - you can specify if you want to wait for allies to do something first if you want to coordinate that way and then I'll change up the order.
2. Undead Army
3. Sir Garth
4. Dark Elves
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:49 pm

What do we want to do here team? I think coordinating will work best.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:32 pm

I made a suggestion above, any thoughts?

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:08 pm

ninja_bait wrote:I made a suggestion above, any thoughts?
I'm down with that, orders are to terminate catapult and do some AoE damage on swarms.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.