Depths of Darkness (Round 6)

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Bragallot
MULTIPLE, SIMULTANEOUS AND DEVASTATING DEFENSIVE DEEP STRIKES!!!

Depths of Darkness (Round 6)

Post by Bragallot » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:29 pm

Garth tears the head off the assassin Phineus is trying to raise.

Then he picks up the assassin's blade...

... and throws it.

It catches the male enforcer in the neck.

It ricochets off the armour and catches the female enforcer in the gut as well! :shock: (critical success)

With the last dark elves dead, the barrier protecting Phineus finally falls, and he strides out of the gates of his Black Citadel. The further he runs, the further it would put him from reinforcing troops, so he decides to make his stand here.

"So then, sirs, are you ready to deliver me from my jailors at last?"

"I will gladly give you the end you so crave, and deserve, necromancer. Just hold still."

Xalen swings his sword, sending a massive fireball towards Phineus (since the enforcers were already dead).

"Burn in hell, Phineus!"

VA-BOOM!

The area around Phineus is set on fire, but he holds his ground thanks to his energy shield and decent armour.

"A worthy effort, sir knight, but futile," Phineus mutters, even though he is still on fire.

"And now, your friend will pay the price," Phineus says as he extinguishes the flames around him, now using his energy shield dice on his own turn. Then he turns on Sir Garth.

"GARTH! NO!"

The knight's armour and shield are useless against Phineus' dark magik.

"Aaaagh!"

Sir Garth falls backward, hitting the ground with a metallic thud.

"Fight on... Xalen..."

"So, Sir Garth, you came all this way... only to die! Hahahaha... MWAHAHAHAHAA!"
Fantasy battles - Scifi battles
Kommander Ken wrote:
Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:04 pm
Wtf is this thread?

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: Depths of Darkness (Round 6)

Post by ninja_bait » Sat Aug 04, 2018 5:48 pm

:shock:
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Falk
Oh no whatever will we do without the buttplugs

Post by Falk » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:44 pm

Oh shit
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

Venge
there are no brakes on the ban train

Post by Venge » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:03 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Formerly known as TheVengefulOne. Times banned by Natalya: 10 (+ 1 alt).

My BrikWars Stuff: http://brikwars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=16684

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/150398410@N07/

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:12 am

The Great Mighty Poo fires his final two Poo-Splosions at the greater desert golem. One crit fails, the other splatters the golem in poo but doesn't harm him.

Men-at-arms kill a skitterling. I tried to have the other one retreat from combat and shoot 'cos using a crossbow as a random object gave him little chance to kill and he had a pretty good chance at getting away, but one of the skitterlings rolled a '6', forcing him into a parry.

Jorum weaves forward on his woof, trying to take advantage of the fact Aelcar's energy shield die is spent and shoot him, but the shadow wizard seems indestructible.

The final woad elf draws his sword and charges, catching the count unaware as he slashes at him.

"FOR NIMRA!" he shouts as his blade connects...

Sadly, even with an Over The Top swing the damage was insufficient, and the count's mighty counter hits him so hard it turns him into a bloody mist.

Guardians angry inch backwards and slash at the desert golems, but despite good odds neither manages a kill. :|

The jungle stalker hacks at his Toa brother, but doesn't do enough damage.

The Trogdor trashes about wildly and, with the Instant Benny of Last Trogdor Standing, manages to kill three desert golems! :)

He leaps back, taking no damage when withdrawing, and sets the undead giant on fire.

Voytek finally kills Aelcar, jamming his sword in so deep he can't pull it out again (successful attack, failed feat). The shadow wizard cracks a morbid grin as he falls and recalls the frustration and pain he's caused the expedition (seriously despite the odds he was the undead MVP this battle :tiger: ).

The minotaur ploughs through a desert golem, but then finds another one in his way. Using whatever it takes, he tried a strength feat, but stumbled instead and took a free attack, which however ended up barely scratching him.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:27 am

Two desert golems attack the minotaur, but can't kill him. The valkyrie can't move and attack in the same turn, but she was ready to heal him should it be required.

The greater golem tries to attack the jungle stalker but, seemingly daunted by the prospect of fighting another Toa, rolls two '1's. The jungle stalker has no issues with this at all, and chops the golem down to 1 SP.

The final two skitterlings kill another men-at-arms.

The desert golem that was on fire dies from it.

The guardians are overwhelmed, and the golems and wraith march over their broken corpses. One of them will become a ghoul due to being killed by a grave wraith.

Lost souls work together to keep the final royal soldier possessed. Count Lightstalker and the rest of the undead make a mighty combined attack on the Trogdor.

The Trogdor takes 2 SP damage, but does manage to snatch another golem up into his jaws, destroying it.

The expedition seems like it's finally getting overwhelmed... will Xalen be able to take out Phineus on time, or are they doomed to fall?

Tip for Falk: Phineus rolls a d12 for damage, which ignores deflection.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:57 am

Jungle stalker disengages from the greater desert golem and tries to attack the forces approaching the flag.

That's all I got left, right?

RedRover
I want you to be
I want you to be

Post by RedRover » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:16 am

Trogdar in his last stand uses all his might to obliterate the enemy hero guy

Texhnophille
Minifig

Post by Texhnophille » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:34 am

Poo engages the greater desert golem, man at arms and Jorum stick close to the Poo and either shoot the greater golem with combined attack, or shoot the skitterlings.
Natalya wrote:Warhammer doesn't sell well because the models are good; it sells because of the awesome universe created around the models.

Bragallot

Post by Bragallot » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:52 am

ninja_bait wrote:Jungle stalker disengages from the greater desert golem and tries to attack the forces approaching the flag.

That's all I got left, right?
Yeah, he's the last one. The good news is, he gets a Last Man (kinda) Standing Benny every turn. :)

edit: just realized, I forgot about the last spear-elf. :oops: The jungle stalker isn't the last one anyway. I'll give the spear-elf two actions on his next turn to make up for it.
Kommander Ken wrote:
Wtf is this thread?

Falk

Post by Falk » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:09 pm

Switch to the two handed version of Xalen's sword, then charge at Phineus with it. Use my feat to boost movement if I can't make it to him this turn, or to add extra damage to the charge.
BrikWars 2010 Rules wrote:BrikWars ... stands in pretty direct opposition to many fundamental elements of the LEGO® philosophy, such as "Not Teaching Kids How Funny It Is to Set People on Fire."
Empire of Luchardsko WIP wiki page

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:29 pm

Bragallot wrote:edit: just realized, I forgot about the last spear-elf. :oops: The jungle stalker isn't the last one anyway. I'll give the spear-elf two actions on his next turn to make up for it.
I couldn't even find that guy in the pictures... He's like on the very edge of Jorum's forces. He will go toward the flag as well, taking on any enemies there that are in his league.