The Only Throne That Matters - Turn 3
Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:20 pm
It's market day in Royalton, capital of the Seventy-Seven Kingdoms, and peasants from all over the region have flocked to the city.
Merry travellers visit the Spitting Dragon tavern...
...while the taxes from the commerce fill the king's coffers.
From the Yellow Keep, princess Leonora Lionmane looks out at the peasants.
"So adorable, seeing the little folk selling apples, buying fish, eating cake! Or whatever it is they eat..."
But her father, king Leonard Lionmane, is worried. House Lionmane rules the Seventy-Seven Kingdoms by virtue of the Red Throne - the one Leonard is sitting on. But the other noble houses are always plotting to seize control of the throne, and thus, all of the Kingdoms!
"Are all soldiers on alert?"
"Yes, your grace!"
"Good. The spy we captured refuses to talk... but it's clear that house Corona is planning something! And if they are, the other houses can't be far behind."
The words have barely left the king's mouth, before he is proven right!
From the north comes the army of house Corona! King Angelo leads a formation of his finest troops. They are accompanied by his daughter, princess Rosanna, the deadliest archer in the Seventy-Seven Kingdoms.
"For too long has king Leonard ruled these Kingdoms unjustly! The Red Throne is mine, by right!"
"Aye, father! We will not be denied!"
A chill wind blows from the west, as the skeletal minions of house Osteas march forth! They are led by the necromancer king Arkan, and the wight-princess Crania, carrier of the wicked Hexblade.
"Come, my daughter. Today we complete the great work."
"Today, all joy and all life shall end!"
Raucous warcries are heard from the south. The barbaric warriors that follow house Tauro are coming! King Feridonando and his daughter, the bloodthirsty princess Sakura, lead the charge.
"Ready to gut some Lions, my little flower?"
"Yeah, dad! Let's get them!"
The Lionmane guards hurry to close the gate.
Four great houses are about to clash... but only one of them can take the Red Throne, and rule the Seventy-Seven Kingdoms.
* * *
Taking the Red Throne
- The battle will last for 5 turns.
- At the end of the 5th turn, the house whose king is sitting on the Red Throne wins!
- If the king of a house is slain, the princess takes command of the house, and can sit on the Throne to win.
- The princess can't control the throne if her father is still alive, though.
- Each house also has a secret secondary objective. If no one is sitting on the throne at the end of the game, they can win a minor victory if they achieve this.
Kings and Princesses
The princesses are Heroes. The kings have Heroic stats, but can't perform Heroic Feats or use redshirts. Instead, they give their army a special bonus as long as they are alive.
- King Leonard Lionmane gives a +2 bonus to initiative rolls.
- King Angelo Corona gives a +1 bonus to damage against enemy kings and princesses for all Corona warriors.
- King Arkan Osteas will, at the end of each turn, raise the closest fallen foe as an undead minion.
- King Feridonando Tauro gives a +1" move bonus to all Tauro warriors.
House Lionmane - Zahru II
House Corona - Scribonius
House Osteas - ninja_bait
House Tauro - Bragallot
Secret Faction - Falk