From the Ashes

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 am

SIGNUP

Image
With a creak, the hatch opens. A thin layer of dust and plaster falls from the top.
General Lucresia: What's it like up there? Are there any hostiles? Is the building secure?
Legionnaire: It looks pretty safe to me, General. The building is mostly intact.

Image
General Lucresia: Marvellous. It seems that the revolutionists weren't able to infiltrate the palace. Now all we have to do is to rally the troops from the strongholds and take back the country.

Image
General Lucresia: Actually, now that I look around...

Image
General Lucresia: The revolution seems to have gotten a bit more out of hand than I had expected.

Image
Army Statistician : Perhaps if you-sorry, if we hadn't built that gigantic magikal super weapon and threatened to use it on the protesting civillian areas, this wouldn't have happe-
General Lucresia: Silence, you half-baked beaurocrat! We had every right to build the Doomsday Bomb and demand their surrender or annihation! Who could we have guessed that they would storm the base and detonate it by accident? I'll tell you what- if that fool Wolfgang hadn't faceplanted at the battle of Genoa, this wouldn't have happened at all!
Spoiler
Show
Image
General Lucresia: Peasant! You there, how long has the Revolution been in power for?

Image
Muscuar Frenchman: I am not too sure maybe two years, Mademoiselle.
???: Oi! Who are you talkin' to ova dere?]

Image
There's the sound of many footsteps and jangling weapons. A very fashionable man steps forward.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Yeah, I heard voices, show yerself!

Image
'Mistah' Mordecai: It sounds like sum survivors! Looks like it's our lucky day! Let's mangle them, fellas!

Image
General Lucresia: Drat, it looks like we've been spotted. Prepare to defend- Mr Amerigo, why are you out of your robotic suit?
Head Engineer Amerigo: I'm afraid it's too chunky to fit through the hatch in one piece, so they're sending it up bit by bit. We can hold off the scavengers in the meantime.

Image
Head Engineer Amerigo: Besides, this is a splendid opportunity to test out some of my experimental weaponry... It's time to paint the walls with some scavenger's brains!

Other pictures of the battlefield:
Spoiler
Show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
FACTIONS:

Scavengers: Space Bunny
Spoiler
Show
'Mistah' Mordecai (hero, cliche is 'Revolutionary')
Shotgun guy
Longbow guy
Rifle guy
Shiv and dynamite guy
Revolver and hatchet guy
Sledgehammer guy (light armour)
Dual revolver gal
Sword and shield gal
General Lucresia's squad: ninja_bait
Spoiler
Show
General Lucresia (hero, cliche is 'military veteran')
Army statitician (commander)
Medik
Heavy Gunner (heavy, light armour)
six Recruits
Head Engineer Amerigo (engineer, at the end of each turn, the 3 parts of his robotic suit will be passed through the hatch, fully asembling at the end of turn 3)
Secret Faction: Sizz-lor Will be revealed at the end of Turn 3

OBJECTIVES

Scavengers: Massacre General Lucresia's squad and capture the hatch.(killing at least one character- Lucresia or Amerigo- is a minor victory)

General Lucresia's squad:Defend the hatch from all attackers.

Secret Faction: :mystery:

There are plenty of interactable items on the battlefield which can be used to your advantage, so keep an eye out for those. Bennies will be awarded for certain actions such as First Blood, Last Man Standing etc.
Btw, just a minor note but these scavengers are not affiliated with Dragonking1411's Scavengers
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

User avatar
Sizz-lor
Hero
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:13 pm

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Sizz-lor » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm

Can I sign up for the secret faction?

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:43 pm

Sizz-lor wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm
Can I sign up for the secret faction?
You certainly can

User avatar
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: From the Ashes

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Genera Lucresia pls
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Space Bunny
Minifig
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: No longer in the EU

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Space Bunny » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm

Can I take scavengers?

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Wed Apr 08, 2020 4:24 pm

ninja_bait wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:58 pm
Genera Lucresia pls
Space Bunny wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:58 pm
Can I take scavengers?
Yes and yes. All spots are taken!

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:01 pm

Unit stats have been sent in. If you want any more photos of specific spots, please DM me.
SEND IN YOUR ORDERS!

User avatar
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: From the Ashes

Post by ninja_bait » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:10 pm

Lucresia uses her feat to organize the troops in formation (+1 bonus when they shoot and -1 bonus to the enemy). The troops line up, protecting the general and Amerigo, and shoot the scavs.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Cakeman
Cannon Fodder
Posts: 459
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:47 am
Location: Sweden

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Cakeman » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:38 am

Muffin_Man wrote:
Wed Apr 08, 2020 9:05 am
General Lucresia: The revolution seems to have gotten a bit more out of hand than I had expected.
Quality!

User avatar
Space Bunny
Minifig
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: No longer in the EU

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Space Bunny » Thu Apr 09, 2020 12:30 pm

All of the scavengers rush at the legionaries, and the hero will attempt a feat to make a rabid rabbit come out of his magic top hat

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:46 am

TURN 1
Initiative was calculated by rolling a d6 for each Faction and I think that this is how all initiative will be done.
Turn Order;
General Lucresia's Squad: 2
Scavengers: 1

General Lucresia's Squad (ninja_bait)
Image
At this moment, the general recognises that this moment will be pivotal for the restoration of civillised society, and that everything for her hung in the balance. Taking a deep breath, General Lucreia prepares to deliver a speech that will inspire the troops and shall be passed on through the generations...

Image
Unfortunately, her voice cracked on the first word, sending 6 of her troops into hysterical laughter, including the medic, heavy gunner and the soldier holding Amerigo's torso, who drops the Head Engineer on his face. FEAT CRITICAL FAIL

Image
Even the troops who did manage to hold themselves together weren't much use. Two of them moved behind the cover of a table and fired upon the scavengers, but had no effect, so I didn't take a picture. The remaining one went to the other side, readying his action to fire upon any scavengers who came within range. (Tbf though, this Faction had really terrible luck this turn. The highest number that any of them rolled was a 3)

Scavengers (Space Bunny)
Image
The Scavengers split off into two groups going towards either side of the wall. This group storms the lone Legionnaire, whose shot misses wildly. The Scavengers open fire-

Image
-and blast the Legionnaire into little meaty chunks, earning the FIRST BLOOD BENNY.

Image
The other side wasn't so successful, the shotgun and the bow not doing enough damage to kill either of the Legionnaires.

Image
'Mistah' Mordecai takes off his fancy and incredibly fashionable top hat and begins to rummage around inside.
'Mistah' Mordecai: If I recall correcly, I think got dis from a magician. Surely there's summink useful in 'ere...

Image
With a pop, a flash and and the musty smell of hat polish and cult food, a rabid bunny rabbit springs from the hat!

Image
Not only that, but its rabid aura and thrist to consume raw bleeding flesh seems to have attracted all the other vermin from around the battlefield to it's service. The Scavengers now control a little army of vermin! FEAT CRITICAL SUCCESS.

Image
The Muscular Frenchman sniffs distastely and gnaws a small bite from his baguette.

Image
Meanwhile, in Gerneral Lucresia's territory, Head Engineer Amerigo is given the mechanical legs from his suit. He now has a walk speed of 5".

Overwatch:
Spoiler
Show
Image

Image

Image
General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 0
Deaths: 1

Scavengers
Kills: 1
Deaths: 0

It's all looking pretty interesting so far, I'll try to be luckier when rolling for turn 2.

SEND IN ORDERS FOR TURN 2!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:35 am, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
Space Bunny
Minifig
Posts: 295
Joined: Sun Mar 31, 2019 3:34 pm
Location: No longer in the EU

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Space Bunny » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:53 am

The hero will now pull out a tea cup from his magic hat and host a wondrous english tea party, and invite the everyone to come and join in... but what the legionaries don't know is that it's a trap! If the first half is successful, all the scavengers should slaughter anyone that opposes them! If the feat does not succeed, the scavengers should still kill them!

User avatar
ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:04 pm
Location: Now I'm in New York, making bacon pancakes

Re: From the Ashes

Post by ninja_bait » Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 am

ffs....
Alright, well my feat will be to spill all the tea to make the scavs cry over the list resources. And then kill them all with the same general tactics as before.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:48 pm

ninja_bait wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 11:30 am
ffs....
Alright, well my feat will be to spill all the tea to make the scavs cry over the list resources. And then kill them all with the same general tactics as before.
Okay dokey. I assume that you'll want the medic to revive any troops that die.

User avatar
Muffin_Man
Hero
Posts: 76
Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:13 am
Location: Under your bed

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Muffin_Man » Sat Apr 11, 2020 1:39 pm

TURN 2

Turn Order:
General Lucresia's Squad: 5
Scavengers: 2

General Lucresia's Squard (ninja_bait)
Image
The previously hysterical Legionnaires pulled themselves together and joined their comrades on either side of the wall.

Image
The left side's combined fire downs a Scavenger, which is their first kill!

Image
The Army Statictician, satisfied with the execution, reports this to the headquarters, adding a brick to the STRATEGY PILE.

Image
The Heavy gunner aims his weapon and prepares to fire.
Head Engineer Amerigo: Yes! It's working! Behold, the QUAGMIRE KANNON!
A stream of nasty smelling goops sprays out of the nozzle, firing through the air...

Image
...and splatters down on the rgound next to 'Mistah' Mordecai and his posse, forming a puddle of ooze. it is a field hazard, dealing 1d4 acid damage and slowing movement by 1d6. None of those in the puddle get any significant damage though.

Image
The now three Legionnaires open fire upon the Scavengers.

Image
None of them die, but one gets their sword blown out of their hand, landing 5" away.

Image
General Lucresia saves her action to use as a response, in case the Scavengers do anything particuarly stupid. So instead she just stands there looking angry.

Scavengers (Space Bunny)
Image
'Mistah' Mordecai continues to rummage around in the top hat, searching for more useful junk that might be tucked away somewhere..

Image
He withdraws a cup full of extremely watery, but still hot, tea.
'Mistah' Mordecai: A milky brew? With no milk? What could I use this for?...Ahah! I have a cunning plan :twisted:

Image
'Mistah' Mordecai: Stop the fighting! Stop! Can't we just all settle this ova a nice cuppa tea?

Image
Legionnaire 1: Stop fighting? You mean- he's asking for peace? For mercy?
Legionnaire 2: Peace? Who does this moron think he is? Some kind of pacifist? Pathetic! Let's shoot them even more for such insolence!
The threat of negotiation spurs on the rage of the soldiers so much that 4 of them get extra actions on the enemy's turn.
FEAT CRITICAL FAIL

Image
The troops on the left had no effect (the Quagmire Kannon used the action to reload), but the troops of the right side managed to blow off one of the Scavenger's arms. This means that he can no longer use his shotgun because it needs 2 hands.

Image
The outrage of the attempted negotiation prompts General Lucresia to use her action. She leans back-

Image
-and flings her pace stick.

Image
The pace stick continues to fly, turning around the corner and onto the battlefield. It continues cutting through the air-

Image
-until it bonks Mordecai on the head, spilling the boiling tea all over him, knocking him onto his rump and disrupting him for the next turn.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Ahhhh! Jimminy Crickets!
FEAT SUCCESS

Image
In other news, the remaining Scavengers on the left side move up. The sledgehammer guy tries to clobber one of the Legionnaires and the ranged attackers fire upon the other. The sledgehammer guy mises his target-

Image
-The other Legionnaire isn't so lucky.

Image
On the right side, the disarmed Scavenger collects her sword. The guy with the shiv charges forward and leaps over the table screaming a battlecry.

Image
He lands on this guy, shanking his crotch.

Image
The vermin begin to move towards the left side of the wall.

Image
The Muscluar Frenchman checks on his Bouillabaisse. He reckons that it'll be ready in about tweny minutes.

Image
Amergio attatches his arms, gaining an action, 2 size points, and a pretty big machinegun.

Overwatch:
Spoiler
Show
Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 1
Deaths: 3

Scavengers
Kills: 3
Deaths: 1

SEND IN ORDERS FOR TURN 3!

Post Reply