From the Ashes

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Dragonking1411
Hero

Re: From the Ashes

Post by Dragonking1411 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 12:16 pm

Have the Skeley Captain try to reanimated the dead scavengers as Skeletons on the graveyard gang's side, but have him move into cover first. Then have the Skeley bros finish off the legionaire. Lastly have the flying one try to take off the scientist dude's arms.

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Mon Apr 20, 2020 1:43 pm

TURN 5
Btw if anyone wants to use Bennies (Space Bunny has one) or declare that they're Fighting a Losing Battle and reap the benefits from it, you are more than welcome to say so.

Turn order
Graveyard Gang: 6
Scavengers: 4
General Lucresia's Squad: 2

Graveyard Gang (Draggonking1411)
The stalemate between the two skeletons and the ridiculously lucky last Legionnaire who seems impossible to kill continues, making the situation increasingly awkward. Meanwhile, Officer Pelvis produces a saxaphone and begins to weave a magical tune combining his calcium with his artistic talent.

A freshly prepared corpse begins to stir, and slowly rises from the ground.

The skin, vicera and clothes begin to melt from the body, leaving only the skeleton.

Casually, it strolls over, and picks up his head. He has risen from the dead!

Another dead Scavenger sheds it's flesh and also becomes a skeleton, meaning the Scavengers now have 2 new troops.
FEAT SUCCESS

The Carrion reach Amerigo and manage to take off one of his arms. I ruled this as meaning that he can no longer use his machinegun and that it requires both arms of his suit.

Scavengers (Space Bunny)
With the leader of the enemy so close, the red-head Scavenger tries to shoot General Lucresia in the back of the head.

It pings off. She turns around and stares at him very judgementally.

The Sledgehammer guy flattens the Legionnaire for the second time. Hopefully this time he'll have the sense to stay dead. The ranged Scavengers fire upon the Quagmire Gunner and he YET AGAIN shrugs it off as if it were nothing.

'Mistah' Mordecai, covered in scars and cuts clambers out of the sea of vermin and addresses the reanimated Legionnaires.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Gents, please, pull yourselves together! Don't you see that I'm one of you? We should be fighting on the same team!

Scavenger: You mean- he doesn't want us anymore? Are we worth nothing?
Unfortunately, Mordecai only manages to demoralise his own troops, giving them a -1 action roll penalty and a +1 to their enemies' attack rolls. FEAT CRITICAL FAIL

General Lucresia's Squad
The Medic hurries over and performs some surgery on the now twice dead Legionnaire. He rolls well, and gets him back on his feet without any amputation, much to the annoyance of the Sledgehammer guy.

The Legionniares on the right flank butcher the ginger Scavenger while Lucresia watches impassively. The Army Statistician notes the kill, adding one brick to the STRATEGY PILE.

On the right flank, the Quagmire Gunner shoots directly at the Sledgehammer dude, cocooning him in the acidic goop, where he is then fired upon by a Legionnaire. Despite this and the acid, he survives.

Head Engineer Amerigo may be armless, but he ain't harmless. Brandishing the sawblade built into his remaing arm, he leaps from the top of the wall, ready to carve Mordecai into slices.

BUT WHAT'S THIS?? A newly reanimated Skeleton leaps in front of the saw, boneshirting for Mordecai.

Skeleton: I'll save you boss!

The Skeleton shatters into pieces, and all three of them fall to the ground. but Mordecai remains unharmed.

Amerigo's Machine gun falls from the top of the wall next to Lucresia. She picks it up and hefts it.
General Lucresia: I'm getting tired of this. Let's finish with style.

With a mighty leap, Lucresia smashes through the glass window, shards flying in all directions in a hailstorm of death.
General Lucresia: SAY HELLO TO MY LITTLE FRIEND!
FEAT SUCCESS

She fires her weapon at the nearest target- Mordecai, alone and unprotected.

Skeleton: NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
He leaps through the air, shovel in hand-

-And pushes Mordecai out of the way of the gunfire, getting himself shredded to pieces as he does so.

Mordecai is flung to the side, where he lands in front of the piano, disrupted. Despite all odds, the old fogey is still somehow alive and kicking.

The Muscular Frenchman checks up on his stew and has a sip. Not enough pepper...

Overwatch:
Spoiler
Show

Just as a minor note, if you wanted to know how I worked out the amount of targets for heroic feats with multiple targets, I rolled a d6/4/whatever was appropriate for the amount of possible targets, and did that many (e.g. Officer Pelvis rolled a 2, Lucresia a 1). I think this is pretty fair, but I want your opinions to make sure everyone's happy.

Scavengers
Kills: 7
Deaths: 6

Graveyard Gang
Kills: 0
Deaths: 2

General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 8
Deaths: 7

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:10 pm

All scavangers fight like usual.

Feat: Mordecai will play the piano to confuse Lucresia so she stops fighting, and/or boost the moral of the scavengers

Dragonking1411
Hero

Post by Dragonking1411 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:19 pm

I like how you did the dice rolling. Have the Calcium Captain do something to make all the dead skeletons reform into one giant skeleton. Then have the other skeletons please try to kill that legionare, and have the flying ones take off the professor's other arm.

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:43 am

Mordecai, you fucker, why won't you die? :fist:

I challenge you to a dueling pianos feat, let's go!

Also, everyone else generally does the same kill-the-baddies stuff
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:43 am

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 9:55 am

Space Bunny wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:58 am
ninja_bait wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 8:43 am

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Tue Apr 21, 2020 4:39 pm

TURN 6

Turn order
General Lucresia's Squad: 6
Graveyard Gang: 4
Scavengers: 3

General Lucresia's Squad (ninja_bait)
Shot at by two Legionnaires and corroded by acid, the Sledgehammer dude kicks the bucket.

The acid also manages to FINALLY kill someone, namely the rifle Scavenger.

While advancing down from the right flank, one of the two Legionnaires takes a potshot on a Carrion, not doing enough damage to kill. Head Engineer Amerigo leaves his action as a response in case he's attacked again.

The machine gun clatters as Lucreisa flings it aside, pointing at Mordecai.
General Lucresia: Mordecai, or whatever your name is! This ends now! Me, you, piano duel.

He in turn drops his weapon.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Challenge accepted!
W-wait, what's happening? Modecai shouldn't be acting until his turn. Their combined Heroic egos must have defied the turn order!
???: A musical duel? how delightful!

General Lucresia: Who the heck are you supposed to be?
???: I'm not surprised you don't know my name, my department is very limited. I am Seymour the Musical Cyclops; I appear whenever there needs to be a referee in a musical conflictl!

Seymour the Musical Cyclops: Allow me to establish the rules. Both of you attempt your heroic feats- whoever is more successful (rolls higher) wins the duel. Whoever doesn't, is no longer alive. You also die if you fail your heroic feat.

Seymour the Musical Cyclops: The top hat chap will go first because I like his fashion sense.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Finally, my wardrobe paid off!
He struts towards the piano, flexing his claw like fingers.

He produces a tune that leaps from the piano, firey, playful and rapid, moulding the air into a spicy auditory soup. The keys appear to sing as he glides over them, accompanied by the whoops from his Scavengers. Seymour (somehow) clicks in time with the beat.

With a final flourish, Mordecai turns, spreading his arms wide and grinning a gloating gummy smile towards Lucresia. FEAT SUCCESSFUL

Lucresia steps towards the piano, the hands beneath her pristine white gloves damp with nervous sweat. Still, she cannot allow herself to be beaten by some old codger. She cracks her knuckles and begins to play.

The tune she weaves is unlike Mordecai's, lacking the mirth, but making up for it in a combination of raw passion directed with a precise elegance. The air glitters and rages with the sound of the piece echoing over the battlefield which has grown silent to listen.

Mordecai's smile droops and his mouth hangs in quiet disbelief.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Tell me, Seymour... what is dis burning I feel?
Seymour the Musical Cyclops: I believe it might be shame.
'Mistah' Mordecai: Nah, I ain't being metaphorical here, I feel like my head's gonna explo-

An erruption of gore and fire spurts from what used to be Mordecai's head, scattering flame and little meaty chunks in all directions. FEAT SUCCESSFUL
Seymour the Musical Cyclops: It seems that my work here is complete.

Lucresia turns around as the troops cheer, glancing distastefully at Mordecai's corpse.
General Lucresia: Where has that cyclops gone to?
But, alas, Seymour has vanished, leaving nothing behind by a scent of cheap cologne.

Graveyard Gang (Dragonking1411)
The remaining skelebro takes revenge and clobbers the Legionnaire to death.

The Carrion nick Amerigo's other arm, surviving his counter attack, and perch smugly on the wall.

Officer Pelvis surveys the field and decides that now is the time for heavy reinforcement. He plays another spoopy song to hopefully have an effect.

The scattered bones, as if dragged by invisible hands, are attracted into a ball of calcium, crackling with energy as they reform.

When the bones fuse, a giant skeleton stands in the field, pulling a wide and empty grin at all those below him.
FEAT CRITICAL SUCCESS
Spoiler
Show
Giant Skeleton
Armour: 2d10
Skill: 1d6
Move: 5"
Attacks: 2 claw attacks, 2d6 each
Size points: 3
Scavengers (Space Bunny)
The two remaining Scavengers gun down a Legionnaire, meaning that he has now been killed three times.

The Muscular Frenchman checks his briefcase, but, darn it all, he seems to have forgotten to bring pepper.

Btw I'd prefer it if there were no more 'reinforcement' feats, because otherwise this battle will go on forever. Converting enemy units to your side is still cool though. Talking of ending ,if there's no winner before then, the game will end at Turn 8.

Overwatch
Spoiler
Show

General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 11
Deaths: 8

Graveyard Gang
Kills: 1
Deaths: 2

Scavengers:
Deaths: 9

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS!

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Tue Apr 21, 2020 5:33 pm

thank you musical cyclops :guinness:

feat: lucresia reveals she has the last jar of pepper in the nation, stockpiled for an emergency. This allies the Frenchman to her side.

Everyone else, keep shooting baddies.

Space Bunny
Cannon Fodder

Post by Space Bunny » Wed Apr 22, 2020 2:55 am

Everyone on that hero!!! If ninja_bait has her for too long, I know he’ll pull off some more sick, radical, awesome, unexpected feats, and I don’t like that

Dragonking1411
Hero

Post by Dragonking1411 » Wed Apr 22, 2020 10:53 am

Have the Calcium Captain use his feat to go over and break the generals bones. Have everything else just attack the closest thing.

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:12 am

TURN 7

Turn order
General Lucresia's Squad: 6
Graveyard Gang: 3
Scavengers: 2

General Lucresia's Squad (ninja_bait)
The Quagmire Cannon goop works once again, killing the pistol wielding Scavenger by dissolving her legs.

The dual wileding Legionniare shoots off the skeleton Scavenger's head, and the body falls with a clatter on the ground. The Army Statistician records the slaughter, meaning that there are now 3 bricks on the STRATEGY PILE

The Medic runs over and revives the newly dead Legionnaire, rolling so well that he can have an action on this turn. At this point, I've lost count of how many times this lad has been killed and revived.

Picking up a discarded submachinegun, he and the dual wielder Legionnaire advance onto the battlefield.

The sword Legionnaire tries to cleave the skelebro, but misses miserably.

The submachine gun Legionnaire and this one on the right flank fire upon the giant skeleton.

However, the bullets merely ping off of his thick calcium, and he remains unaffected.

Lucresia approaches the Muscular Frenchman, intending to recruit him with the promise of pepper for his bouillabasse.

However, on the way there, Lucresia is suddenly struck with an incredibly out of character bout of sanity (both dice rolled a 1). She ducks out of the way to avoid being seen acting reasonably. FEAT CANCELLED OUT

Now entirely disarmed :warhead:, Amerigo decides to ram the Carrion with his suit's sheer metal mass.

The Carrion is not killed by the impact, but is knocked out of the air, falling down to earth with a bloody splat.

Graveyard Gang (Dragonking1411)
The skelebro continues his massacre, obliterating a second Legionnaire. Will his bloodlust after the death of his fellow skelebro ever be sated?

He hops over the fence, looking for more enemies to clobber.

The giant skeleton picks up the apparently immortal Legionnaire, staring at him with an blank and chasmous grin.

With a little squeeze, the Legionnaire pops like a meaty bubble, much to the apparent pleasure of the skeleton. He wasn't so immortal afterall.

With the second attack, he aims at Amerigo, but is only able to scratch the suit's thick armour

Despite the chaos of the battlefield, there is only one thing that Officer Pelvis has his focus on. He spins around his saxaphone and hefts it like a club.

With a mighty leap, Officer Pelvis soars across the battlefield, intent upon breaking Lucresia's bones. FEAT SUCCESSFUL

However, he does not account for the Legionnaires who are, at this point, programmed to die in their general's behalf.
Legionnaire: GENERAL! I'LL SAVE YOUUUUUU!!!!

The Legionnaire takes the blow in Lucresia's stead, much to Pelvis' annoyance.

Angry at the slaughter of his comrade, the other Carrion deals a devestating attack to Amerigo, ripping away 2 Size points (1 left).

Scavengers (Space Bunny)
The rabid bunny and his cohort travel to the right flank but there are no ankle in sight for them to nibble/sting.

The Muscular Frenchman concludes that in the absence of pepper, some oil would do the trick. He didn't expect it to contain crude oil, but hey, any oil is better than none. Even baby oil.

Overwatch
Spoiler
Show

General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 14
Deaths: 11

Graveyard Gang
Kills: 4
Deaths: 3

Scavengers:
Deaths: 11

P.S Remember your objectives!

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS FOR THE FINAL TURN!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 am

Lucresia calls for strategically advancing to the rear: "call in another orbital strike and wipe out the face of the planet! We're going back in the bunker for ten more years!"

Muffin_Man
Nice Dubs

Post by Muffin_Man » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 am
Lucresia calls for strategically advancing to the rear: "call in another orbital strike and wipe out the face of the planet! We're going back in the bunker for ten more years!"
Just to clarify, do you want the STRATEGIC BOMBARDMENT to be the orbital strike you mentioned, or is that some kind of heroic feat?

Oh dang this is my 69th post :warhead:

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 am

Muffin_Man wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:20 am
ninja_bait wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:12 am
Just to clarify, do you want the STRATEGIC BOMBARDMENT to be the orbital strike you mentioned, or is that some kind of heroic feat?

Oh dang this is my 69th post :warhead:
:warhead:
yes, strategic bombardment. Use the feat to facilitate the retreat in whatever way makes sense.