From the Ashes

They're all the rage

Moderators: Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico, BrickSyd

ninja_bait
I can make this man. I can let him touch the butt. I cannot promise his safety

Re: From the Ashes

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:17 am

Amerigo will move up so he's just in range and shoot the baddies.
Lucresia will take cover behind him.
Some of the troops will break off to attack baguette man and destroy his soup.
The rest will continue as planned.
super secret feat, no peeking
Show
Lucretia will try to remind the revolutionaries of the good ol days and get some of them on her side.
I make apocalypses and apocalypse accessories.
ImageImageImage

Space Bunny
Minifig

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Apr 12, 2020 8:21 am

Scavengers keep killing the Legionaries

My super secret feat. No peeking.
Spoiler
Show
Our leader will make the rabbit and vermin into a delicious meal and eat it to give him a poison bite attack, then go on a rampage of biting everyone in sight

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:37 am

TURN 3

Turn order
Scavengers: 5
General Lucresia's Squad: 1

Scavengers (Space Monkey)
On the left flank, the sledgehammer fella squashes a Legionnaire's head into a pancake, killing the last Legionnaire on the left flank. The ranged fighters at the back fired upon the Quagmire Kannon but couldn't penetrate the armour.

The red head Scavenger tries to continue his rampage behind enemy lines, but drops his shiv.

The armless Scavenger drops the now useless shotgun and grabs a plank of wood to clobber a Legionnaire with, but doesn't do enough damage to kill.

Meanwhile, the sword-wielding Scavenger decimates a Legionnaire. There is now only one Legionnaire left.

The Archer moves to get the right angle on the remaining Legionnaire but misses his shot.

'Mistah' Mordecai stands up but, because he was disrupted by General Lucresia's last feat, he cannot do anything else.

General Lucresia's Squad
Head Engineer Amerigo attempts to open fire upon the Sledgehammer guy but is jittery with excitement and misses his shot.

General Lucresia: Everyone! Look around you! Do you see what this chaos has brought upon us all? Nothing but carnage and fear! Before this anarchy, the world was stable and prosperous and civilised- it was a better place than this wasteland! We must all band together to reunite the land under strong leadership!

Scavenger 1: We were prosperous? I seem to remember that I could barely eat each day from the taxes.
Scavenger 2: There was all the conscription as well. Yeah, good riddance to the old system! This is much better.

General Lucresia: These savages will never understand...
The Scavengers now have +1 to attack rolls on their next turn from outrage. FEAT FAIL

The lone Legionnaire surveys the battlefield, the right flank almost lost to the Scavengers. He exchanges a glance with the Medic. They know what they must do.

The Legionnaire lights the dynamite on the Scavenger's back and runs out from behind the wall onto the battlefield.

The Medic steps back, and then charges towards the dynamite carrying Scavenger.

With a mighty kick, he send the hapless red head tumbling backwards towards his compatriots, the dynamite fuse hissing in his ear.

Scavenger; :byzero:

The dynamite detonates with a mighty BOOM, scattering the surrounding bodies, dead and alive. The sword Scavenger is blown apart.

The armless Scavenger recieves a mortal wound, meaning he will die at the end of his next turn.

Miraculously, the shiv Scavenger survives after being blown vertically upwards by the explosion.

The Army Statistician informs the base of the deaths, adding another brick to the STRATEGY PILE. There are now 2.

The remaining Legionnaire opens fire upon the Muscular Frenchman's stew. it pings off.
Legionnaire: YAAAAHHHH! FUCK CULTURAL DIVERSITY!
Muscular Frenchman: 'ow frightfully uncouth of you.

Head Engineer Amerigo recives the final section of his suit, giving him 1d1o armour, 5" of flight, and 3 total size points.

A musty smell begins to drift over the battlefield and the warmth of the sun slowly drains away. Something unholy is approaching...
Legionnaire: What in the name of...

???: Oi oi oi! What's going in here? My name is Officer Pelvis and me and my calcium comrades were trying to get a little rest and suddenly there's this masive racket! Who's making all the noise?

'Mistah' Mordecai: Trust me on this one, it's this guy's lot making all the noise.

Officer Pelvis: It's the blue retards then? Very well- you know what to do boys. Let's break sum bones!

Secret Faction revealed:
THE GRAVEYARD GANG! (Sizz-lor)
Objective:
Stop all the noise by killing General Lucresia's Squad! (MAJOR VICTORY is annihalation, MINOR VICTORY is killing at least 4 members).

Overwatch:
Spoiler
Show

General Lucreisa's Squad
Kills: 2 (3)
Deaths: 5

Scavengers
Kills; 5
Deaths: 2 (3)

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Space Bunny
Minifig

Post by Space Bunny » Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:21 am

Keep on killing! And try and perform the secret feat this turn

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:27 am

use the commander's strategy points to call in an orbital strike from our rusty old laser satellites
continue to kill scavs as planned, also definitely gotta defeat that soup
amerigo will use the machine gun on the skeletons
feat: activate the cybernetic implants amerigo installed in our troops to revive them as cyborg zombies
ImageImageImage

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 am

ninja_bait wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:27 am
use the commander's strategy points to call in an orbital strike from our rusty old laser satellites
Who do you want the orbital strike called on?

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:26 pm

Muffin_Man wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:50 am
ninja_bait wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 11:27 am
Who do you want the orbital strike called on?
everyone.gif
ImageImageImage

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:08 am

Alright, I'm just waiting for orders from Sizz-lor now

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:16 am

To stop the battle from losing momentum, I'm gonna say that if Sizz-lor doesn't send in orders by Sunday (british time), someone else can take the Graveyard Gang.
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Thu Apr 16, 2020 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dragonking1411
Nice Dubs

Post by Dragonking1411 » Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:38 pm

I'll take it if he doesn't show up.

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Dragonking1411 wrote:
Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:38 pm
I'll take it if he doesn't show up.
Great! You are now the reserve.
If you want, you can send some orders

Dragonking1411
Nice Dubs

Post by Dragonking1411 » Fri Apr 17, 2020 1:49 pm

If Sizz-lor doesn't show up have the skeley hero do something to boost all his comrades defenses. Then have the two of the skelies attack the closets legionare and have the one with pistols go close to them and set up a response. Then have the flying ones try to attack the weak points in the professor's armor.

Muffin_Man
Hero

Post by Muffin_Man » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:00 am

TURN 4
Dragonking1411 is now the controller of the Graveyard Gang.

Turn order
Scavengers: 5
Graveyard Gang: 4
General Lucresia's Squad: 1

Scavengers (Space Bunny)
The now shiv-less Scavenger picks up a discarded gun and shoots the Medic in the gut, killing him.

With one arm and a mortal wound, the bearded Scavenger hobbles over to help, his vision swaying, powered purely by his unadulterated bloodlust.

Unfortunately, he can't go far enough to pick up a weapon and use his action, so he dies.

The ranged fighters continue to shoot the Quagmire Gunner, but the bullets bounce off of his armour as if they were made of sponge. Is this lad invincible? Can he be killed?

Well, yes, but actually no. A blow from the sledgehammer disarms him, but isn't able to deal a finishing blow.

The Archer advances, hoping to get a good angle on the few remaining targets.

'Mistah' Mordecai picks up a scorpion and sniffs it, licking his toothless gums.
'Mistah' Mordecai: It's basically a lobsta, right? Those are tasty...

The vermin are offended for being considered food items, and they mob Mordecai, biting him, scratching him, and pumping him full of venom. He barely survives. As well as this, his agony brings great hilarity to General Lucresia's Squad, giving them a +1 to their action rolls this turn. FEAT CRITICAL FAIL.

Graveyard Gang (Dragonking1411)
Officer Pelvis digs inside his armour and pulls out a bottle of fresh whole milk.
Officer Pelvis: Dig in boys! We gotta get that calcium for dis battle!
All the Graveyard Gang get +2 to their armour for the turn. FEAT SUCCESS

The Carrion use their action to sprint across the battlefield in flight, stopping near Amerigo.

Pumped full of calcium, the skeleton bros saunter towards the unsuspecting Legionnaire, weapons at the ready.

Oh.

Their attacks miss disatrously and they end up just awkwardly staring at each other, none of them sure whether they should fight or start a conversation to break the silence.

The remaining pistol-wielding skeleton follows Office Pelvis, readying his action for any enemies who come in range.

General Lucresia's Squad (ninja_bait)
The General surveys the battlefield, with an emotion that was before foreign to her creeping upon her senses, she who had once lead legions and floored giants, who had once heard her name be chanted by ranks of soldiers stretching beyond the horizon; this emotion was dread. The battle almost looked to be lost- unless...

General Lucresia: Wait, Amerigo- do you still have that device to use in absolute emergencies?

Head Engineer Amerigo: You mean this one, the one that was outlawed by the court of War and considered morally reprehensible-
General Lucresia: Yes, that one, give it to me.

Without hesitation, she presses the silver button.

All around the battlefield, the piles of corpses stir, and, beyond all reason and sanity, begin to stand up. The Scavengers look on in horror and a kind of morbid fascination.

With a spurt of gore, a little antenna sprouts from the dead troops' spines. They are now reanimated. 4 Legionnaires and the Medic are now 'alive' again, but they have the same stats, except now they are now 'Programmed'. FEAT SUCCESS

Head Engineer Amerigo flies to the top of the wall, and aims for Officer Pelvis.

The attack is red/boneshirted (?) by the pistol Skeleton. Meanwhile, the acidic goop continues to not do sufficient damage to kill. The Legionnaire being attacked by the two skeleton bros attacks back but cannot penetrate the thick calcium.

Army Statistician: Yes, now would be the right time for some serious damage. Do the orbital lasers still work?... Try them out... Where are you aiming? Let's see...

Army Statistician: How about that French guy?

A beam of deadly light blasts down from the heavens, but unfortuntately the co-ordinates were a bit off, causing it to hit and obliterate the Archer.

Overwatch
Spoiler
Show

Reanimated killed troops still count as kills.

Scavengers
Kills: 6
Deaths: 4

General Lucresia's Squad
Kills: 5
Deaths: 6

Graveyard Gang
Kills: 0
Deaths: 1

SEND IN YOUR ORDERS!
Last edited by Muffin_Man on Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

ninja_bait

Post by ninja_bait » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:18 am

Feat: lucresia will jump through the stained glass window, say "say hello to my little friend" and machine gun as many baddies as she can.

Everyone else will press their attack on the sides and try to get around the ruins.

Amerigo will try to kill the scav hero.
ImageImageImage

Space Bunny
Minifig

Post by Space Bunny » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:23 am

Feat: Mistah Mordecai should attempt to convince the undead legionnaires that because of all the scratches on his body from the vermin, that he too is a zombie, and that they should be under his command instead of lucresia's.

Have everyone keep on killing!