Battle on the Forgotten Coast [Turn 1]

They're all the rage

Moderators: BrickSyd, Kommander Ken, Duerer, Elmagnifico

Dienekes22
Cannon Fodder

Battle on the Forgotten Coast [Turn 1]

Post by Dienekes22 » Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:50 pm

FYI: All "instant" Bennies can be saved for later because it's a forum battle. If you don't specify a situation when you want it used I won't use it.

Parries are OP.

The archer on the ground runs to the top of the tower, but the tricky ladder keeps him from making it all the way on this turn.

"Sir!" the faithful lookout shouts, "they're getting back in their boat!"

Officer Steelaxe shouts new orders to Woodaxe, his brother, and the spearman. Meanwhile, the smith starts tugging at the vines on the tower.

After a struggle he has a couple large pieces.

The bandit warriors move to the dock.

While they set up a defense, the smith has carefully planted his vines across the opening in the palisade.

The Vennician boat indeed moves toward the dock.

The archers on the tower attack, and one scores a kill.

First Blood Benny awarded to the Bandits

The troops unload and the fight is on.

Mathias pushes Steelaxe backwards with a powerful attack, but a parry keeps Steelaxe alive. Next to them, another successful parry keeps both fighters alive. Woodaxe tries to attack Mathias from behind but can't do enough damage to overcome Heroic armor.

The crossbows on the deck are unable to harm any of the bandits in the battle line (I prioritized the ground troops instead of the archers to avoid cover penalties, let me know if that should change).

Athelard hands his torch to the infantry officer with important instructions.

Some of the troops advance with him.

A crossbow kills a Shogunate archer. The other hits but doesn't damage Yoshiie's horse.

The officer throws the torch at the rotting log but can't start a fire.

Athelard and the rest of the group move toward the slippery rocks under the tower.

Akhilleus advances with his Myrmidons in a shield wall. The heavier armored troops behind them move as far as they can.

Wymer and the battle wagon race forward, furious that Mathias has left the beach.

"Get back here and be intimidated!" he shouts.

"Much honorable troops of the Shogunate! Be honorable and honorably honor the ancestors by sprinting to the lighthouse!" Yoshiie shouts.

The archer shoots and misses the enemy officer.

Yoshiie charges and strikes the officer but is successfully parried. He rides a short distance away to remain out of combat for now, a buffer between his troops and the foe.

Overwatch.

Send orders for turn 2.
stubby wrote:Oh man, look at these guys. Beautiful units, photos in focus, appropriately cropped, white background... what if I remove all the current photos from the rulebook and just replace everything with these
Contest Badges
Show
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Medivo factions - Medivo Forum Battles
Sci-Fi Factions -